Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Lowes- 15% off $100, 20% off >$200

  • Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2020 9:35 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 19, 2006
668 posts
43 upvotes

[Lowe's] Lowes- 15% off $100, 20% off >$200

For the long weekend, Lowes is running a promo code SAVEMORE for 15% off $100-200, and 20% off over $200. It's supposed to apply only to regular priced items, but it's working on *some* clearance items and sale items currently. Some very good deals to be had. And don't forget 2% rebate from ShopperArmy . (This post might be a duplicate but didn't see it with search?)

Was useful to get a John Deere mower at almost 25% off after all discounts.

Edit: only works on *some* clearance and sale items.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 18th, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
31 replies
Member
Apr 23, 2016
387 posts
418 upvotes
Kelowna
Tried it on some patio furniture that was already marked down and SAVEMORE didn't work unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2024 posts
1013 upvotes
Ottawa
Seems to only work on select discounted items.
Almost got excited there for a moment.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 19, 2006
668 posts
43 upvotes
Hmmm strange, maybe only on some clearance items. Checked it on the John Deere snowblower and it worked. Was on clearance for $1650 and took another $330 off

https://ibb.co/zbv1fRq
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10943 posts
2812 upvotes
Scarberia
does it work on the kobalt power washer + fillers?

edit: nope doesn't work!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2007
680 posts
133 upvotes
kareshi wrote: time to buy a water tank
Last year Oct, I brought one 50 US GL, GSW gas water heater for $741.16 tax in.

This year, save hot water tank, with 20% off code, it worked out to be $850.( tax showing $91?)
I do not know what went incorrectly this time, but my newly brought tank was still sitting in my garage collecting dusts..

SO to be, the 20% off code seems not making sense- it is just a marketing and eye cathing strategy. If you need it so bad, you have to buy it. If there is no real need, thinking of saving 20% is not good way to saving at all. basically, I had to spend 1000 to save 200. How does that make my mind feel ? saving 20% and winning $200?

Our mind is tricked by weighting more savings than spending $800. Same idea when people investing in stock market- always feel like a winner for 2% gain but feel a life sucker for losing of $1000.

just my 2 cents
Living in this big world, I have a little dream.
Jr. Member
Aug 25, 2012
167 posts
245 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Lol wtf
ovovov wrote: Last year Oct, I brought one 50 US GL, GSW gas water heater for $741.16 tax in.

This year, save hot water tank, with 20% off code, it worked out to be $850.( tax showing $91?)
I do not know what went incorrectly this time, but my newly brought tank was still sitting in my garage collecting dusts..

SO to be, the 20% off code seems not making sense- it is just a marketing and eye cathing strategy. If you need it so bad, you have to buy it. If there is no real need, thinking of saving 20% is not good way to saving at all. basically, I had to spend 1000 to save 200. How does that make my mind feel ? saving 20% and winning $200?

Our mind is tricked by weighting more savings than spending $800. Same idea when people investing in stock market- always feel like a winner for 2% gain but feel a life sucker for losing of $1000.

just my 2 cents
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43800 posts
4443 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ovovov wrote: Last year Oct, I brought one 50 US GL, GSW gas water heater for $741.16 tax in.

This year, save hot water tank, with 20% off code, it worked out to be $850.( tax showing $91?)
I do not know what went incorrectly this time, but my newly brought tank was still sitting in my garage collecting dusts..

SO to be, the 20% off code seems not making sense- it is just a marketing and eye cathing strategy. If you need it so bad, you have to buy it. If there is no real need, thinking of saving 20% is not good way to saving at all. basically, I had to spend 1000 to save 200. How does that make my mind feel ? saving 20% and winning $200?

Our mind is tricked by weighting more savings than spending $800. Same idea when people investing in stock market- always feel like a winner for 2% gain but feel a life sucker for losing of $1000.

just my 2 cents
This is not reddit.. :lol:

The whole point of RFD is to do your research and know what is a good deal and what is not. Just because something is X% off doesn't mean it's a good deal. If you used that mentality then everything at Canadian Tire is a good deal.
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2016
890 posts
535 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: This is not reddit.. :lol:

The whole point of RFD is to do your research and know what is a good deal and what is not. Just because something is X% off doesn't mean it's a good deal. If you used that mentality then everything at Canadian Tire is a good deal.
GREAT DEALS actually at Canadian Tire, up to 70% off!

In all seriousness, these Lowe's sales getting weaker and weaker. The list of exclusions keep growing and whatever is included the price is over inflated. I build a new 12'x24' shed last year and got nearly all my materials from Lowe's at 20% off. That included shingles and both framing lumber and pressure treated wood. If I were to build the same shed now I'd probably in it for $2k more than I was last year.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2007
1047 posts
371 upvotes
the 6ix
The list of exclusions and conditions on this promo code is incredible.
Member
Jul 2, 2016
381 posts
608 upvotes
The only thing that seems like a good deal is if you sign up your email for the Lowe's welcome coupon of $10 off $50 or more and buy 2 Google homes and get them for $68 plus tax.
Member
User avatar
Mar 26, 2012
316 posts
442 upvotes
Ottawa
** Valid on regular price products only. Limit of 15 units of the same product except for 40-, 50- and 60-gal electric water heaters, for which the quantity is limited to 2 per customer. Doesn't apply to purchases of construction lumber (wood, plywood, OSB, treated wood, cedar, composite), asphalt shingles, gypsum panels, major appliances and branded products: iRobot, Ring, Canexel, Rockwool, Dyson, Google Home, Nest, Ecobee, Broil King, Kamado Joe, Napoléon, Traeger, Weber, Arlo, Samsung Smart Home, Lutron Caseta, Amazon and Clearance products.
†Details at lowes.ca
Member
Jul 2, 2016
381 posts
608 upvotes
m4dcap wrote: ** Valid on regular price products only. Limit of 15 units of the same product except for 40-, 50- and 60-gal electric water heaters, for which the quantity is limited to 2 per customer. Doesn't apply to purchases of construction lumber (wood, plywood, OSB, treated wood, cedar, composite), asphalt shingles, gypsum panels, major appliances and branded products: iRobot, Ring, Canexel, Rockwool, Dyson, Google Home, Nest, Ecobee, Broil King, Kamado Joe, Napoléon, Traeger, Weber, Arlo, Samsung Smart Home, Lutron Caseta, Amazon and Clearance products.
†Details at lowes.ca
Images
  • Screenshot_20200517-092136.png

Top