Lowes - Brita Slim Pitcher Water Filtration System (5 Cups) - $15.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 11:21 am
[OP]
Jun 27, 2020
15 posts
80 upvotes

[Lowe's] Lowes - Brita Slim Pitcher Water Filtration System (5 Cups) - $15.99

Currently, Brita at Lowes is $15.99. This is the lowest price I found after researching. Information about this product from the Lowes website is listed below.

"Brita Slim Pitcher Water Filtration System
Small 5 cup water filtration pitcher with 1 advanced filter
This clean white, sleek and compact water filtration system fits in narrow spaces and most refrigerator doors
BPA-free pitcher with compact design fits in most fridge doors
Filter indicator for tracking when to change the water filter
1 water filter can replace 300 standard 16.9 oz water bottles"

- Free Store Pickup
- Free Shipping Over $49

https://www.lowes.ca/product/water-filt ... stem-36014#
Images
  • 36014_04480291_001_l.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 30th, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
21 replies
Dec 5, 2004
487 posts
583 upvotes
May be suited towards a single person who drinks very little water. It may say 5 cups, but I don't think many people drink small glasses of water. And then you'll have to refill the unit with more lukewarm water from the tap. Part of the appeal is very cold water (in addition to the filtering)

I had one of these before I switched to the larger rectangular unit (Brita Ultramax 18cup) for a family of 4. And we end up filling it twice per day (which is a pain to fill and clean). I prefer the distilled water jugs from Walmart stored in the fridge, but those while it tastes better in my opinion, are worse off for you (since they absorb the nutrients out of your body).

Good deal if you want easy filtered water.
Jul 5, 2017
562 posts
966 upvotes
Toronto
have this.. probably have to fill it 4-5 times a day which is annoying. enough water to fill up a 40z hydroflask. Would definitely recommend getting a larger size if more than one person.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14262 posts
3493 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
ttiger wrote: May be suited towards a single person who drinks very little water. It may say 5 cups, but I don't think many people drink small glasses of water. And then you'll have to refill the unit with more lukewarm water from the tap. Part of the appeal is very cold water (in addition to the filtering).
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not chugging a pitcher of water in one sitting. This was actually the first Brita I bought, back in the 90s, and served me well at the time. I've moved on to a bigger one, but I also have a bigger refrigerator. I have one in the fridge and one on the counter, since cold water isn't always preferable (eg. for boiling).

BTW, I don't know if the image at Lowe's/Loblaws is correct, but it seems to be an outdated model. The Walmart one has the flip-top lid + electronic indicator, which the 90s version did not have. I would pay the extra dollar (over Loblaws price) for the flip-top.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2058 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote:
BTW, I don't know if the image at Lowe's/Loblaws is correct, but it seems to be an outdated model. The Walmart one has the flip-top lid + electronic indicator, which the 90s version did not have. I would pay the extra dollar (over Loblaws price) for the flip-top.
Yes you're right. It appears Brita has updated the design of the slim model and these retailers have just not updated the images yet.

The one I picked up at Loblaws is the one with the locking lid (not flip top) and does not have an electronic indicator (based on reviews I've read, the electronic indicator is unreliable anyway). My old one is like the one in the pictures. Comparing the two, the new version is wider and shorter than the old one and also holds a bit less water in the reservoir.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3576 posts
886 upvotes
North York
Are the filters different between Lowes (Small 5 cup water filtration pitcher with 1 advanced filter) and Walmart (Brita® Small 5 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Standard Filter, BPA Free, Metro, White)?
Lowes says "advanced" filter while Walmart says "standard" filter?
Jun 27, 2007
446 posts
408 upvotes
Picked one up at Loblaws in Sauga around noon. There were 5 left after I grabbed mine. Went for some groceries, passed by 20 minutes later and they were down to 2. RFDers out in force baby!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7523 posts
8090 upvotes
Vancouver
melovesme wrote: anybody find cheap filters
The cheapest option is to get refillable filters (or hack your own) and refill with activated charcoal from an aquarium supply store.
Jun 27, 2007
446 posts
408 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: The cheapest option is to get refillable filters (or hack your own) and refill with activated charcoal from an aquarium supply store.
Good idea but too much work for most of the schmoes around here, me included. You lost me at aquarium.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14262 posts
3493 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
sheriffabc wrote: Are the filters different between Lowes (Small 5 cup water filtration pitcher with 1 advanced filter) and Walmart (Brita® Small 5 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with 1 Standard Filter, BPA Free, Metro, White)? Lowes says "advanced" filter while Walmart says "standard" filter?
I think they're both the same. They may have used "advanced" when they first switched to the newer type, that doesn't produce the black flecks, but that was years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped using "advanced". As far as I know, for pitchers, there is only regular and the blue, long-lasting filters.

melovesme wrote: anybody find cheap filters
Haven't tried them yet, but Costco has their Kirkland brand of filters. 10-pack for $38 (web price). I don't see it on the Canadian packaging, but the US one says "Fits in most pitchers from Brita" on the front.
https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-signatur ... 62160.html
Last edited by rabbit on Aug 1st, 2020 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 9, 2008
59 posts
76 upvotes
Those new advanced filters always seem to leave an aftertaste. I've stopped using Brita since. The older filters seemed to have been better.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3845 posts
11368 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have the slim pitcher and yes I have to refill it a lot.
Also, I've noticed that if I fill it completely, the filter sometimes comes out and floats around in the water. Not sure if anyones had that issue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)