• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2019 12:12 pm
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
770 posts
584 upvotes
GTA

[Lowe's] Lowe's - free shipping, no minimum - today only

Lowe's is having Free Parcel Shipping, no minimum.
Today only.

Hopefully not a repost, search didn't show anything.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1549 posts
1217 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
I don't see Free Shipping offer ......must have missed the deal. It appears to have been replaced by "SAVEMORE" code which offers 15% off $100 + purchase or 20% off $450+ purchase
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2079 posts
1107 upvotes
Ottawa
montward wrote: I don't see Free Shipping offer ......must have missed the deal. It appears to have been replaced by "SAVEMORE" code which offers 15% off $100 + purchase or 20% off $450+ purchase
there is a banner at the top of the website - its hard to miss lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1549 posts
1217 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
fruzmatik wrote: there is a banner at the top of the website - its hard to miss lol.
Yes, I agree, it would be difficult to miss that banner at the top of the homepage website. lol :rolleyes:

As mentioned in my OP above, there was no banner showing " Free Shipping " at the top of the website when I checked at 11:30pm last evening....only the 15 or 20% off with min $100+ or $450+ promo banner was showing.
I even experimented with adding an item I was interested in to my cart and requested ship to home and after checking out and before confirming the order, the shipping charge of $79.99 still applied to my cart charge. The only promo I could use was the "SAVEMORE" code for 15% or 20% off and the banner at the top only offered the SAVEMORE code, nothing else. The Free Shipping offer was obviously removed by the time I checked at 11:30 last night. The Free Shipping banner may have been restored again before midnight however I never checked back after 11:30pm

Non the less, thanks again OP....still gave you a thumbs up!Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2079 posts
1107 upvotes
Ottawa
montward wrote: Yes, I agree, it would be difficult to miss that banner at the top of the homepage website. lol :rolleyes:

As mentioned in my OP above, there was no banner showing " Free Shipping " at the top of the website when I checked at 11:30pm last evening....only the 15 or 20% off with min $100+ or $450+ promo banner was showing.
I even experimented with adding an item I was interested in to my cart and requested ship to home and after checking out and before confirming the order, the shipping charge of $79.99 still applied to my cart charge. The only promo I could use was the "SAVEMORE" code for 15% or 20% off and the banner at the top only offered the SAVEMORE code, nothing else. The Free Shipping offer was obviously removed by the time I checked at 11:30 last night. The Free Shipping banner may have been restored again before midnight however I never checked back after 11:30pm

Non the less, thanks again OP....still gave you a thumbs up!Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I am just saying I clicked right after you did and the promotion was at the top of the page...also it was free parcel shipping, not free truck delivery...which is why you were still getting charged $79.99 I imagine...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1549 posts
1217 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
fruzmatik wrote: I am just saying I clicked right after you did and the promotion was at the top of the page...also it was free parcel shipping, not free truck delivery...which is why you were still getting charged $79.99 I imagine...
The banner wasn't showing any free shipping for me....maybe pages display differently coming from different servers? I have seen this happen with other websites. I recall Walmart had a snowblower on clearance for $214 Reg. $449 I could see the $214 clearance price yet some other RFDers could only see regular price while some could also see the clearance pricing. When I called to PM with Home Depot, HD also could only see the regular price and not the clearance price. Needless to say I purchased from WM

BTW, What would the difference be in delivering a lawn mower to my home as long as it was "free"....whether be "parcel shipping" or truck delivery...the options at check out are store pick up or truck delivery....there was no way to ask for "parcel shipping". Either way, free shipping is free shipping no matter and that was not being offered to me when I tried at checkout last night. Perhaps large items like this were not eligible for "free shipping" and if that were the case, seeing or not seeing a banner would have made no difference.