Lowe's Greenworks snowblower Clearance sale

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2021 6:46 pm
[OP]
Aug 27, 2008
218 posts
122 upvotes

[Lowe's] Lowe's Greenworks snowblower Clearance sale

I got the leaf blower and snow blower combo for 299. Also signup for newsletter for $10 dollars off. I have seen my neighbors use just leaf blower to clear snow. Edmonton has really dry and fluffy snow. I think I will be ok with just the 40v set.

Greenworks 20-in 40V Cordless Snow Thrower with 4.0 AH Battery--------------$257.50
https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordless-e ... ery-900885

Greenworks 40V 20-in Snow Thrower and Axial Blower with 1 x 4.0 AH Battery and Charger----------$299
https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordless-e ... ger-900895

Greenworks 80-Volt Max 20-in Cordless Electric Snow Blower with 1 x 2Ah Battery and Charger------$359.5
https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordless-e ... ger-594165

here is a review on the 40v 20inch
Last edited by popo2788 on Sep 11th, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Nov 25, 2018
114 posts
55 upvotes
Really curious to hear peoples thoughts onthese. First time home owner with small driveway, I won't be around a lot of the winter so need something the girlfriend can use to keep driveway clear ! Thanks
Mar 8, 2020
26 posts
35 upvotes
Those reviews are pretty hurtin. Really need one though since I just moved from BC to Alberta
Jul 13, 2016
85 posts
161 upvotes
A battery powered snow blower? Seriously?

Seems insane but maybe it's easier than a shovel.

Those batteries will need to be brought inside between uses, the chemistry really suffers below freezing.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1842 posts
1804 upvotes
Toronto
I have a 40v model from Kobalt, my thoughts:

1. Does great in certain circumstances - it will plow through dry snow of any volume with ease and will shoot it 10 feet away.

2. Does not do great at all in wet snow / hard packed drifts / etc.

3. I'm not sure who stores what where, but I have 4 different Kobalt tools that all take the same batteries and I keep them all in the garage so temperature has never been an issue for me. Using a 40v 4ah battery I can go for quite a long time using the snowblower.

My recommendation would be to at bare minimum go for the 80v - the 40v just doesn't have enough juice to get through anything other than powder or just very slightly wet snow. I think the 80v models are 2 x 40v batteries in at the same time but I could be wrong.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Jul 18, 2006
754 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Give her a shovel and tell her to get out there the night of before it gets packed down.
Sep 7, 2017
757 posts
633 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: A battery powered snow blower? Seriously?

Those batteries will need to be brought inside between uses, the chemistry really suffers below freezing.
I have the Kobalt 80v snow thrower which is comparable to a single stage gas model. It’s insane how well it works especially for the clearance price I paid. Had no need to even fire up my 2 stage gas cub cadet. I shovel for exercise and when light snow, but I am impressed with the performance, quality and warranty. Not all machines are equal and I wouldn’t pay full or sale price as the longevity is still questionable and batteries expensive. But for deep clearance discount I went for it last year.

80V 2AH seems silly though. Cash grab by greenworks when you buy a 4AH battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1154 posts
232 upvotes
Ontario
Bidjaan wrote: I have the Kobalt 80v snow thrower which is comparable to a single stage gas model. It’s insane how well it works especially for the clearance price I paid. Had no need to even fire up my 2 stage gas cub cadet. I shovel for exercise and when light snow, but I am impressed with the performance, quality and warranty. Not all machines are equal and I wouldn’t pay full or sale price as the longevity is still questionable and batteries expensive. But for deep clearance discount I went for it last year.
I was gonna say, the 80v version may be the hot deal, not the 40v.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4854 posts
950 upvotes
rural ontario
Bidjaan wrote: I have the Kobalt 80v snow thrower which is comparable to a single stage gas model. It’s insane how well it works especially for the clearance price I paid. Had no need to even fire up my 2 stage gas cub cadet. I shovel for exercise and when light snow, but I am impressed with the performance, quality and warranty. Not all machines are equal and I wouldn’t pay full or sale price as the longevity is still questionable and batteries expensive. But for deep clearance discount I went for it last year.
Ditto. great little blower until the chute handle broke end of last winter. Called Kobalt and they sent me to warranty repair 4 years after purchase (box says 5 years warranty).
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4141 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
soupmaster666 wrote: A battery powered snow blower? Seriously?

Batts get warm in a snow blower, they need cooling more than anything else.
Jul 26, 2019
26 posts
93 upvotes
I have the 80v model and used it for the first time last winter. As stated previously, it struggles in heavy wet snow but works pretty well with lighter snow. I have 3 batteries and a fairly small urban driveway and it went through 4 or 5 charges in deep, wet snow. Wet snow clogs the chute fairly easy.

That being said, I was quite pleased and understood that there were drawbacks to a battery powered snow blower. But no gas in the garage, no cords and the battery charging time was good. And even with the challenges, I preferred it to shovelling.
Aug 8, 2015
89 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the Kobalt cordless one in clearance last year for some 149 bucks, which is literally free for this stuff.

To be honest, this definitely lack a lot in power if the snow gets wet or hard and constantly gets stuck in the plastic blades. So its a pain to keep on cleaning that while blowing the snow. That being said, for 140$ I have no complains and I get it out as soon as the snow starts and that cleans up my small driveway no problem. if I didnt have cars standing on my driveway, the idea would be to use these blowers 3-4 time everytime is snows, however its a pain to remove cars and do that, especially when it snows very heavily.