Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Lowe's: Kobalt 60V 21" Cordless Electric Mower - $349.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2018 10:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25032 posts
202545 upvotes
GTA

[Lowe's] Lowe's: Kobalt 60V 21" Cordless Electric Mower - $349.99

Lowe's has the Kobalt 21" 60V cordless electric lawnmower on sale for $349.99 ($200 off). Seems to be a decent deal.

https://www.lowes.ca/lawn-mowers/kobalt ... 90909.html
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2734 posts
2077 upvotes
Good deal, sign up the email get additional $10 off.
Oct 6, 2012
370 posts
126 upvotes
alberta
I am also interested on this but people say GAS one and Honda motor is better. I have been looking for better deal. I may pull the trigger for this one. Thanks OP
Jan 14, 2010
409 posts
641 upvotes
GTA
Is this a good buy? Anyone have experience with this model?
Mar 12, 2009
459 posts
479 upvotes
Ontario
I have used this mower all summer. I am completely satisfied with its performance. I do have a small yard that takes about 20 minutes to cut grass. I fully charge the battery the morning of the cut. When I finish it is still 1/2 charged. I store the battery with 1/2 a charge because that is the best way to prolong the life of the battery. I rotate the batteries and repeat the next week. I am not sure how effective this mower is for larger yards. YMMV
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1254 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP. My gas mower shit the bed recently. Gonna give this a try. Hopefully get a good 5 or 6 years out of the batteries.

Also keep in mind right now on the website you save an extra $25 if you spend $340 or more. This mower just hit that sweet spot!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
25032 posts
202545 upvotes
GTA
Just remember to take the batteries in at the end of the season (DON'T let them sit in the garage all winter) or they won't last nearly as long.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1269 posts
807 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I can't seem to find any reviews of the 60V version, all the evaluations I've read are of the 80V version.

Not that more volts = better, it would seem that the highly-rated EGO is 56V. But I would like to see some evaluations of this specific model before pulling the trigger.

I'm particularly interested in a mower that's good at mulching: Consumer Reports only rates the 80V Kobalt model as "good" I don't want the hassle of bagging up all that crap and it's meant to be better for your lawn anyway to let it just fall in. Plus a good mulching mower can apparently chew up leaves as well instead of bagging those. The Kobalt corded mower mulches well according to Consumer Reports, with a "very good" rating for that category, but...has a chord.

If only I could afford an Ego.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1254 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
xtreme883 wrote: Where is that promo?
Promo didn't show up until I added to cart. Then when you checkout its in the promo code box. I still have to click "apply"
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1254 posts
292 upvotes
Edmonton
MooseOnLoose wrote: I can't seem to find any reviews of the 60V version, all the evaluations I've read are of the 80V version.

Not that more volts = better, it would seem that the highly-rated EGO is 56V. But I would like to see some evaluations of this specific model before pulling the trigger.

I'm particularly interested in a mower that's good at mulching: Consumer Reports only rates the 80V Kobalt model as "good" I don't want the hassle of bagging up all that crap and it's meant to be better for your lawn anyway to let it just fall in. Plus a good mulching mower can apparently chew up leaves as well instead of bagging those. The Kobalt corded mower mulches well according to Consumer Reports, with a "very good" rating for that category, but...has a chord.

If only I could afford an Ego.
There are a few reviews on the Lowe's site but not many. I'll give it a try for a few weeks and if I don't like it return it.

Maybe another good thing is the 5 year warranty attached it it.
Oct 1, 2006
87 posts
65 upvotes
Anyone know if this unit can be stood vertically when not in use?
Jun 2, 2012
11 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using the 21 inch Kobalt 80 volts this summer. Bought for $425 on sale.
I have small lot and only use a third of one battery. The 60 volts was all I likely needed but it wasn't on sale. Nice to finally get rid of that cord.
Now if only they would come out with an 80V snow blower so I could use the batteries in the winter.
The Duke :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2579 posts
877 upvotes
FWIW I have a 21 inch 40-volt Kobalt and LOVE it. I used a Honda gas mower for 15 years prior and I dont miss it at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Yep will never use anything other than a batt driven mower. No noise, cords, gas, smell, winter maintenance. Just Plug and Play LOL.
Oct 6, 2012
370 posts
126 upvotes
alberta
Batteries are warranted only for 3 years . So if the battery will last you 3 years and after that if you have to buy it , it will cost $350.00 just for the batteries. I am skeptical now to buy this thing. So if the battery fails after 3 years. Lawn mowing costing
350/3=117 a year, Don't know if it is worth it.
Aug 11, 2004
193 posts
181 upvotes
Oakville
rupendra76 wrote: Batteries are warranted only for 3 years . So if the battery will last you 3 years and after that if you have to buy it , it will cost $350.00 just for the batteries. I am skeptical now to buy this thing. So if the battery fails after 3 years. Lawn mowing costing
350/3=117 a year, Don't know if it is worth it.
Relax, they'll last more than 3 years. Don't keep them in the garage because heat destroys batteries. In the winter keep them indoors with a little less than full charge. These batteries are multi-cell so when they have failures you'll lose a cell and see diminished power and run time before a complete battery failure.

I'm on my second year with the Kobalt 80V, love it and my neighbours are always checking it out and asking me how I like it.
Apr 17, 2001
374 posts
288 upvotes
This is on sale at lowes again, and tax free with SALE code...

I wonder if the Kobalt 60V battery is interchangeable with Snapper 60V battery. Seems like same manufacturer and Snapper 60V battery is on sale in US Walmart....