Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Lowe's online 20% off $250+ (October 9th only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 10:38 pm
Aug 31, 2010
840 posts
161 upvotes
Victoria
sudesingh wrote: I've done it with Lowes, although I forget the exact # of bags you have to buy. They give you the blower for 24 hours, subject to availability.
Thanks for your info! BTW, how big is the machine? I have a Honda Odysseys, could I put it inside? or I have to rent a truck? Thanks!
New Koodo User
Aug 31, 2010
840 posts
161 upvotes
Victoria
Jon Lai wrote: Note that truck delivery is also free today.

Ordered a sheet of ply with free delivery because I don't have a truck or a van with $10 newsletter coupon.
Thanks for pointing out this. I missed it.
New Koodo User
Jan 29, 2006
422 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
it is YMMV,
But the discount works for Yale X Nest door lock, you can PM with HD to get it for under 300 tax in.

Another VERY YMMV
Nest Protect also works with the discount, if you can get HD to PM for 2 of them, you can get it at 119.20 - 11.92 each, plus another 40 of for both to make it under 200 after tax.

This one is definitely unlikely, but you should still be able to get it at 119.20- 11.92 each + tax
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2309 posts
927 upvotes
Surrey
sudesingh wrote: I've done it with Lowes, although I forget the exact # of bags you have to buy. They give you the blower for 24 hours, subject to availability.
Can you use the same machine suck the old insulation?
May 27, 2017
98 posts
45 upvotes
pepsi86 wrote: it is YMMV,
But the discount works for Yale X Nest door lock, you can PM with HD to get it for under 300 tax in.

Another VERY YMMV
Nest Protect also works with the discount, if you can get HD to PM for 2 of them, you can get it at 119.20 - 11.92 each, plus another 40 of for both to make it under 200 after tax.

This one is definitely unlikely, but you should still be able to get it at 119.20- 11.92 each + tax
I'm curious about yale x nest - but the price at HD is the same at Lowe's. How do you PM that?
edit: Nevermind I see Home Depot still has their 10% PM and Lowe's doesnt.
Jan 29, 2006
422 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
seacats wrote: I'm curious about yale x nest - but the price at HD is the same at Lowe's. How do you PM that?
edit: Nevermind I see Home Depot still has their 10% PM and Lowe's doesnt.
the celebrate promo works with the yale x nest
Sep 24, 2004
644 posts
264 upvotes
Scarborough
paaji wrote: Can you use the same machine suck the old insulation?
Nope. The machine actually sits outside your house and the hose (around 50') runs all the way to your attic. Someone has to feed the bag(s) of insulation into the machine which shreds it and blows it through the hose. The 2nd person in the attic directs the hose to where the insulation is to be blown.

The reason why you add insulation is 'cause the old one has settled and you need to top it up. Why would you want to remove the old one?
Sep 24, 2004
644 posts
264 upvotes
Scarborough
qianquan wrote: Thanks for your info! BTW, how big is the machine? I have a Honda Odysseys, could I put it inside? or I have to rent a truck? Thanks!
I was able to load it into an SUV, so an Odyssey should be fine. Keep in mind it's heavy, so you need at least 2 guys.

As an FYI I did 3 houses back-2-back. So it's best if you could join hands with someone, that way you give each other a hand plus you buy the min. # required to get the free rental machine. It took me a max. of 2 hours / house. So a max of 8 to 9 hours for all 3 houses which included back and forth from Lowes and all the travelling
Jun 10, 2003
662 posts
246 upvotes
I think people are forgetting ONE important aspect of this sale that is VERY HOT.

There is FREE TRUCK DELIVERY. This is HUGE!! I was going to buy a large ladder on the last sale and delivery would have been an additional $80. Now it is FREE.

Please add this OP to the deal for tonight. This is not typically a bonus.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1259 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
any stackable coupon codes that will go with this 20%. i signed up for their newletter but no dice on $10 OFF code yet.

I am on the checkout page and appreciate any codes.

PS: i am buying the step railing material and glad that the current coupon code applied, where as the appliances are no go and ended up ordered from costco.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1731 posts
820 upvotes
Hamilton
Their customer service is a joke.

I don't shop at Lowe's unless it's a great deal. I'd rather PM home Depot all day.
Oct 20, 2001
777 posts
49 upvotes
Spruce Grove
pepsi86 wrote: it is YMMV,
Great minds think alike was able to get it for $258.48 after price beat. All in price of $271.40 with Gst here in Alberta. Picked it up tonight I'll install in tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1259 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
unfortunately i could not price beat with HD for railing items as they have their own branded ones.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2149 posts
2423 upvotes
Edmonton
CaptainCrash wrote: Their customer service is a joke.

I don't shop at Lowe's unless it's a great deal. I'd rather PM home Depot all day.
Really? HD drives me nuts and I love Lowe's. Interesting, probably store by store differences.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2769 posts
3016 upvotes
They would only price match HD, won't apply the 20% :(.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.