• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 9:18 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1897 posts
855 upvotes
Toronto
The sale reps at centerpoint Lowe's are like day dreaming all day long... (Especially the ones at customer service) ... Day and night comparison to other Lowe's, bad attitude, not knowledgeable, slow and lazyyyy.. it s just can't compete with homedepot to be honest.

They should feel ashame as *NOW OPEN* sign is still hanging on the wall outside lol
May 5, 2017
321 posts
74 upvotes
I was going to Rona since I thought they were Canadian.. won't feel remorse going to home depot then :-)
Apr 10, 2012
972 posts
477 upvotes
FYI, it appears they shipped a lot of their hot products to other stores. I enquired about smart home products and was told that most of them were transferred to other stores.

The remaining ones were still overpriced even with the discount.
Jun 26, 2007
785 posts
530 upvotes
Trophy23 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 8:17 pm
Pretty sure that one is already branded a Lowes.
They will all be eventually. Take over, close under-performing stores, rebrand. It's a very standard tactic.
-=phelan=- wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 5:54 am
So what happens if you bought a Hot Water Tank from Lowes and schedule for installation and warranty? Can you get the warranty claim from any lowes or is it site specific?
If you didn't buy it during the close-out sale you're covered. The company isn't going out of business, they're just closing stores and liquidating the stock not worth moving.
Time Machine Salesman
Dec 23, 2007
58 posts
45 upvotes
North York
I was at the CenterPoint location on Saturday morning and all items are 15 to 50% off. From what i recall, all power tools were 20%, seasonal items were 50% off except Christmas items (20%), rough plumbing was 40% off and all rough electrical was 40% off. Ended up buying some grass seed and a whole bunch of decora light switches and plates to replace my old style switches.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4271 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldn't mind stocking up on some electrical wire (14/2, 14/3, 12/2).

Also in the hunt for a corded framing nailer.
Sep 9, 2016
211 posts
373 upvotes
Leask
badger11 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 6:41 pm
-1 ?
I guess not everyone appreciate a heads-up Neutral Face
I have a feeling that the downvotes are because this is not a hot deal and belongs in the shopping discussion forum. In fact, as of right now this is the opposite of a hot deal (regular price, all sales final).
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3176 posts
516 upvotes
I'm glad the one at Centrepoint is closing. Those people working there especially at the customer service counter do not deserve to have a job.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1897 posts
855 upvotes
Toronto
Homer88 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 12:45 pm
I'm glad the one at Centrepoint is closing. Those people working there especially at the customer service counter do not deserve to have a job.
+1. Totally agreed.

U guys don't know how much I appreciate to have a home improvement store around where I live. However the centerpoint Lowe's is just absolutely garbage service with a bunch of non-knowledgeable staff working there.

Specific store shut down truly reflect the performance of the ppl who work there. I feel sorry for Lowe's to hire a bunch of lazy ass there. In comparison Canadian tire in the same plaza is busy all day long especially during weekend.
Dec 4, 2007
6 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Homer88 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 12:45 pm
damn, i couldn’t agree more!
Last weekend I bring in a defected snowblower to that store to return. They refused and told me the sale is final, i am on my own even if it’s defected. The thing is I bought it before they posted the final sale posters.
No wonder this location is getting closed.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3176 posts
516 upvotes
redarray wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:24 pm
damn, i couldn’t agree more!
Last weekend I bring in a defected snowblower to that store to return. They refused and told me the sale is final, i am on my own even if it’s defected. The thing is I bought it before they posted the final sale posters.
No wonder this location is getting closed.
LOL you must been really upset at this if you've lurked for 11 years and this is your first post. In my experience I had $2 left on a Lowes gift card and I just wanted to get rid of it by buying a chocolate bar. There was only one cashier working at the exit by the parking lot and she couldn't resolve a "difficult" customer. I stood there for 15 minutes before one of the three people at the customer counter service offered to check me out.

Swear to god after that day I would never buy anything from that Lowe's again.