[Lowe's] Lowes/Rona Liquidations -Closing

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 9:18 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2187 posts
184 upvotes
surprise that Rona on McCowan/Hwy7 is not on the list, its so small and always dead.
Jul 17, 2010
154 posts
118 upvotes
rogerrabbit168 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 3:07 pm
surprise that Rona on McCowan/Hwy7 is not on the list, its so small and always dead.
Maybe it is a franchised store?
Sep 7, 2016
2 posts
Any idea is HD will price match their items on clearance?
Nov 29, 2006
854 posts
200 upvotes
elgordito wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 11:43 pm
I was going to Rona since I thought they were Canadian.. won't feel remorse going to home depot then :-)
Some might still be Canadian if they are franchised stores instead of corporate. Although in my area, the franchised store usually has less deals as every store controls their own clearance merchandise.
Aug 28, 2016
153 posts
128 upvotes
woolo wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 1:30 pm
+1. Totally agreed.

U guys don't know how much I appreciate to have a home improvement store around where I live. However the centerpoint Lowe's is just absolutely garbage service with a bunch of non-knowledgeable staff working there.

Specific store shut down truly reflect the performance of the ppl who work there. I feel sorry for Lowe's to hire a bunch of lazy ass there. In comparison Canadian tire in the same plaza is busy all day long especially during weekend.

I just like Lowe’s cause they have really good sales on snowblowers amoung a few other products.
Jan 24, 2016
11 posts
8 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Homer88 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 12:45 pm
I'm glad the one at Centrepoint is closing. Those people working there especially at the customer service counter do not deserve to have a job.
Lol how you could be okay or happy that people are losing their jobs. And for what? They didn't cash you out quick enough?

Just unreal
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
276 posts
314 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Yep. Retail can be cut throat even for the big boys.
Target, Crispy-cream etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4534 posts
501 upvotes
Markham
Kodian wrote: Lol how you could be okay or happy that people are losing their jobs. And for what? They didn't cash you out quick enough?

Just unreal
If you are incompetent, you deserve lose your job.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6689 posts
2853 upvotes
North York
rogerrabbit168 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 3:07 pm
Always dead applies basically to all Rona stores, big or small.
Apr 19, 2003
976 posts
53 upvotes
Visited the Centerpoint lowes....most of the store is 20% off.

Sections I visited:
Moulding was 60% off
Weber accessories was 40% off
Paint was 20%
Doors was 20%
Tools was 20%
Garden stuff was 40%

They blackout marker the Barcode from your purchases so you can't return it
Good luck to all hunting for stuff!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3646 posts
2447 upvotes
Markham
redarray wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:24 pm
damn, i couldn’t agree more!
Last weekend I bring in a defected snowblower to that store to return. They refused and told me the sale is final, i am on my own even if it’s defected. The thing is I bought it before they posted the final sale posters.
No wonder this location is getting closed.
I think with the exception of Costco, no one takes back used OPE items anymore after getting screwed for years by people who seemed to always end up with a “defective” item.

Even before policy changes both HD and Lowes needed manager’s discretion on returning used ones.

If however the item is clearly new, but you found the defective up on first use or try, HD is very civil about taking it back. I returned a defective lawn mower this year to HD the same day I bought for a refund without any headaches (Oil fill plug wouldn’t thread fully). Lowe’s official policy is also to take it back but as with everything else with Lowe’s, YMMV.
Aug 27, 2010
431 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone sees any engineered hardwood wood flooring on sale... if possible please please post pics.