• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 9:18 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1014 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Long time reader, first time posting in this thread. I visited the CP location yesterday just to browse. There is still a lot of inventory left with everything in the store discounted. I bumped into an old friend who works at this location and he gave me the scoop.

Firstly, you would think the staff would be depressed losing their jobs, but Lowes went ahead and relocated the staff to other locations before the close (good on them). All the big ticket items i.e. Ring, Nest etc., have either been bought out or they have removed them off the shelves. Look forward to increased discounts every thursday from now until closing. The store officially closes on January 13th, 2019. Happy shopping!
Project 708
Architectural Pencil Pusher
Apr 8, 2007
345 posts
50 upvotes
Anyone been to the store lately? What is the current discount rates now?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1095 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
The New West location was almost completely cleared out. They closed for good last saturday. All I saw was contractors walking around grabbing switch plates, electrical connections etc..
Graphic Designer
Nov 24, 2012
618 posts
388 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
CheapoFillipo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:09 pm
i will not go shopping for deals on projects i want to do but won't touch until next spring
i will not go shopping for deals on projects i want to do but won't touch until next spring

maybe, maybe, i'll just look and see what they are clearing out
I will not buy an second drill set even if it is half-price.
I will not buy an second drill set, in addition to this cool chainsaw, even if it is half-price.

Look at this great drill set, it was such a deal along with the chainsaw and the lawnmower.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
279 posts
320 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
tvisforme wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 12:16 pm
I will not buy an second drill set, in addition to this cool chainsaw, even if it is half-price.

Look at this great drill set, it was such a deal along with the chainsaw and the lawnmower.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1424 posts
143 upvotes
I once walked into Rona and asked where the Fish Tape was and was told to try a Fishing Supply Store. :facepalm:
[OP]
Nov 28, 2011
279 posts
320 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
well... he wasn't completely wrong .)
Nov 20, 2013
685 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
@ Lowe's CenterPoint

Locksets are at 50% off.

A lot of people grabbing rugs as they're 60% off.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by shiftkeyone on Dec 13th, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Nov 20, 2013
685 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
For the Dyson hypebeasts out there. Only 1 display left.
Images
  • upload.jpg
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Oct 13, 2015
127 posts
50 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
redarray wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:24 pm
damn, i couldn’t agree more!
Last weekend I bring in a defected snowblower to that store to return. They refused and told me the sale is final, i am on my own even if it’s defected. The thing is I bought it before they posted the final sale posters.
No wonder this location is getting closed.
Last time, I went to Lowes@Pickering, one women told a man loudly while pointing at a customer at the electrical aisle "see, that guy is suspicious".
Dec 18, 2006
2 posts
Question: If you grabbed something from the Lowes Closing sale and the UPC was not marked could you return to another Lowes' Store for a refund to a Gift Card?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1756 posts
1919 upvotes
redarray wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 2:24 pm
damn, i couldn’t agree more!
Last weekend I bring in a defected snowblower to that store to return. They refused and told me the sale is final, i am on my own even if it’s defected. The thing is I bought it before they posted the final sale posters.
No wonder this location is getting closed.
Buddy, your solution is easy, just buy the same item from another lowes store, use the receipt to return the broken one with.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.