• Jul 20th, 2019 8:49 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1826 posts
771 upvotes
Ottawa

[Lowe's] Lowes - Stay up and Save - 20% off $250+ - EXPIRED

The code is SUMMER20. $250 minimum spend. Appliances excluded.

Don't think this was posted yet...just a heads up in case you have planned purchases.
No details available at this time...usually 20% off with exclusions...maybe they will include appliances this time (fingers crossed?).

Edit: The banner for the stay up and save is somewhat inconspicuous at the bottom of the home page....the banner has since disappeared, but I expect it to reappear tomorrow evening for the sale.
Below a screenshot from yesterday.

https://m.imgur.com/a/0Dvs201

Edit 2: Sale starts at 6pm for email subscribers.
Last edited by fruzmatik on Jul 20th, 2019 8:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
159 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1826 posts
771 upvotes
Ottawa
Downvote - unable to get deal that starts in 2 days? LOL
RFD needs to do something about these stupid downvotes....at least put an option for downvote "i'm a useless troll and just like downvoting things".
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2543 posts
1876 upvotes
Winnipeg
fruzmatik wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:18 pm
RFD needs to do something about these stupid downvotes....at least put an option for downvote "i'm a useless troll and just like downvoting things".
Don't worry you got my big thumps up!
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2109 posts
752 upvotes
Mississauga
perfect timing as I plan to finish the basement!
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Jul 15, 2018
55 posts
18 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Nice, need a bunch of loose stone/gravel to finish up some landscaping so this is good timing.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2517 posts
608 upvotes
Scarborough
OP thanked.

Here's a topic to keep ye distracted...

Current 17yr old one-pull gas mower deck rusted through, is now crippled. Had to rejig with a coat hanger to level/balance it out.

Battery type's tempting, holding back at the prospect of having to pay 2 arms n a leg 3-5yr down the road for a new battery.

Corded one looks painfully painful.

Gas type seems kinda callous towards the environment.

Your thoughts?
Jun 7, 2013
282 posts
134 upvotes
KANATA
vinnie1990 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:36 pm
perfect timing as I plan to finish the basement!
That's what winter is for! ;) hoepfully ur a/c is running to keep humidity down otherwise all ur trim etc will start opening up in the winter when it hard to keep humidity up.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2802 posts
1487 upvotes
Samwfive wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 4:08 pm

Your thoughts?
I went corded during the buy one get a free pressure washer deal.

So far I'm loving the dirt cheap Greenworks 14 inch. Takes a bit longer since the cutting surface is smaller, but it is like using a vacuum cleaner! So light it folds up and has a carry handle to store away.

The cord isn't an issue because I already had a long one. If you can vacuum a floor without running over a cord you can handle a corded mower. If you have consistent access to an electrical outlet where you're mowing, seems like a no brainer to me!

I've had 2 family members try it (both with back issues) and they loved it. They are hoping for a sale soon.

That said.. a big lawn or harder access to power decrease it's appeal.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1273 posts
325 upvotes
Halton
I will NOT buy a gas (hate the stink of exhaust and gasoline) ... i might have to go battery with my next one... might see what comes up end of season

I have a corded one and my wife hates it (she mows too)
Won't teach the kids because she is worried they will get electrocuted (14 & 16yrs old)
HOWEVER I have a wireless whipper snipper and man, is it handy to just run around with out the cord
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18929 posts
5754 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Samwfive wrote:
OP thanked.

Current 17yr old one-pull gas mower deck rusted through, is now crippled. Had to rejig with a coat hanger to level/balance it out.

Battery type's tempting, holding back at the prospect of having to pay 2 arms n a leg 3-5yr down the road for a new battery.

Your thoughts?
Get an EGO mower and never look back. I absolutely love mine, and it is not the first cordless electric I've had and they have the best battery technology. Been using mine for two seasons and doing my full lawn front and back (which isn't that small considering I live in the city) sometimes doesn't even use enough battery capacity to register as needing charging on the charger. I expect the battery will really outlast the cheap brands.

Lowes doesn't seem to sell them, though.
CheapoFillipo wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 4:47 pm
I will NOT buy a gas (hate the stink of exhaust and gasoline) ... i might have to go battery with my next one... might see what comes up end of season

I have a corded one and my wife hates it (she mows too)
Won't teach the kids because she is worried they will get electrocuted (14 & 16yrs old)
HOWEVER I have a wireless whipper snipper and man, is it handy to just run around with out the cord
LOL, I already have my 7 year old doing some of the mowing with my EGO (closely supervised of course). It helps that it is self propelled.
Jan 7, 2017
57 posts
81 upvotes
Samwfive wrote:
OP thanked.

Your thoughts?
Do you drive an electric car? I would be more concerned with a car vs. a lawn mower that you use once a week for 4-5 months a year
Dec 10, 2012
229 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
Assuming Kamado Joe will not be included?
Oct 2, 2008
133 posts
23 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 5:00 pm
Get an EGO mower and never look back. I absolutely love mine, and it is not the first cordless electric I've had and they have the best battery technology. Been using mine for two seasons and doing my full lawn front and back (which isn't that small considering I live in the city) sometimes doesn't even use enough battery capacity to register as needing charging on the charger. I expect the battery will really outlast the cheap brands.

Lowes doesn't seem to sell them, though.

LOL, I already have my 7 year old doing some of the mowing with my EGO (closely supervised of course). It helps that it is self propelled.
i have a EGO leaf blower and love it. i like their products but the mower is like $800 for self propelled more than double that of a gas mower. it seems really expensive but if you can afford it, i bet they are pretty good,
Mar 15, 2005
476 posts
220 upvotes
Thanks op
Wifey wants a new fridge so hopefully appliances are covered

If not, I still plan on buying some rockwool safe n sound and some lumber as I plan to build some DIY acoustic panels / bass traps for my home theatre.

I also should possibly take advantage of this for a new hot water tank and cancel my retail with Enercare, however the only atmospheric NG model lowes seems to carry is whirlpool, which many say to stay away from. Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3226 posts
2541 upvotes
The NORTH
fruzmatik wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:18 pm
Who

Cares

???

If you let your internet feelings get so hurt by downvotes maybe don't post. There will always be down voters, rise above it and ignore them. You calling out getting downvotes and thumping your chest about trolls just shows that they got under your skin. Why bother? What are you saving your upvotes for? I got my eye on that shiny new nothing.

You're better than the trolls!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)