Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Lowes - Stay up and Save - 20% off $250+ - EXPIRED

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 8:49 am
Nov 18, 2017
205 posts
78 upvotes
How do i access this flyer? The link shows the old flyer, i haven't received the flyer in Lowes emails, and the website wasn't showing it either for me.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15808 posts
5029 upvotes
Samwfive wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 4:08 pm
OP thanked.

Here's a topic to keep ye distracted...

Current 17yr old one-pull gas mower deck rusted through, is now crippled. Had to rejig with a coat hanger to level/balance it out.

Battery type's tempting, holding back at the prospect of having to pay 2 arms n a leg 3-5yr down the road for a new battery.

Corded one looks painfully painful.

Gas type seems kinda callous towards the environment.

Your thoughts?
Battery but they cost extra unless you can find a good deal.
You can make the battery last longer by storing it near half charge and not full at charge, fully charge before use or the day before if more convenient. Also store it indoors close to room temperature (or in your basement).
You can double or more the life expectancy with this. Over the winter check the charge and recharge to half-ish if needed. Most won't lose much charge over winter but some might have some parasitic drain, probably varies by brand. Lithium ion loses capacity due to high charge levels and high temperatures. And age and use but follow the storage charge and temperature storage instructions and your covering the simple bases.

Takeaway, store at half charge, don't overheat and double the life or more. Also they will get cheaper over time as lithium costs are continuing to plummet. A replacement will cost a lot less by the time you need it
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Feb 28, 2016
640 posts
269 upvotes
It would be nice if this stay up and save stacks with a possible savings card promo like the last event!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1866 posts
868 upvotes
Ottawa
paintballdude05 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 8:25 pm
It would be nice if this stay up and save stacks with a possible savings card promo like the last event!
That was one of the best deals I have seen in a long time!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1866 posts
868 upvotes
Ottawa
kr0zet wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 6:26 pm
Who

Cares

???

If you let your internet feelings get so hurt by downvotes maybe don't post. There will always be down voters, rise above it and ignore them. You calling out getting downvotes and thumping your chest about trolls just shows that they got under your skin. Why bother? What are you saving your upvotes for? I got my eye on that shiny new nothing.

You're better than the trolls!
For me its a slight annoyance after getting silly downvotes for two deals I post in a row. It just discourages people from posting.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2802 posts
544 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
fruzmatik wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:03 pm
For me its a slight annoyance after getting silly downvotes for two deals I post in a row. It just discourages people from posting.
Why does it discourage you to post though? What impact does it really have on you at the end of the day? It seems so trivial to me to care about. It boggles my mind how frequently I see an OP acknowledge downvotes.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1183 posts
350 upvotes
Winnipeg
fruzmatik wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:18 pm
Downvote - unable to get deal that starts in 2 days? LOL
RFD needs to do something about these stupid downvotes....at least put an option for downvote "i'm a useless troll and just like downvoting things".
i literally fuxxxxing hate this downvote feature...people they need to get a life...Someone is spending there time to post the deal out of there precious time, could be a better for someone who even is in the corner of buying certain things...if someone is downvoting, they better need a reason or explanation before they hit it....that's my 2 cents.
Dec 29, 2004
216 posts
155 upvotes
It looks like this excluded PT last time?

Lowe’s really does not have good PT pricing to begin with, and haven’t been putting it on sale either.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1866 posts
868 upvotes
Ottawa
ChicoQuente wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 10:06 pm
Why does it discourage you to post though? What impact does it really have on you at the end of the day? It seems so trivial to me to care about. It boggles my mind how frequently I see an OP acknowledge downvotes.
Ask yourself this... What encourages people to post good deals in the first place...? And if giving trolls the ability to downvote deals for no reason is helping or hindering that motivation. I think the answer should become pretty clear.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1866 posts
868 upvotes
Ottawa
The banner for the stay up and save is at the bottom of the home page.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2802 posts
544 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
fruzmatik wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 10:25 pm
Ask yourself this... What encourages people to post good deals in the first place...? And if giving trolls the ability to downvote deals for no reason is helping or hindering that motivation. I think the answer should become pretty clear.
I have absolutely NO idea why a down vote matters to anyone at all. It's still a trivial thing to care about. I have posted deals before and not once have I thought "I wonder how many votes this will get". It is no bearing on my life at all.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2700 posts
986 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 11:20 pm
I have absolutely NO idea why a down vote matters to anyone at all. It's still a trivial thing to care about. I have posted deals before and not once have I thought "I wonder how many votes this will get". It is no bearing on my life at all.
I agree with you, but some people feel the need for validation from their peers.
IE: anyone who posts selfies on facebook...