• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 6:42 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
845 posts
597 upvotes

[Lowe's] Moen Caldwell Widespread Faucet $47

Pretty darn hot IMO. Might be YMMV on clearance though - seems available to ship in the GTA

Click link here
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 23rd, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
39 replies
Dec 8, 2009
780 posts
236 upvotes
Thanks OP, but it is Big azz ugly faucet.
Oct 13, 2013
82 posts
24 upvotes
Thanks OP, looks like the whole Moen Caldwell line is on clearance. I bought 2 full bathroom sets of shower faucet, sink faucet, tp holder, towel rack, ring, and hooks

SAVETAX promo code also worked for me.
Jan 2, 2014
706 posts
397 upvotes
razr769 wrote: Thanks OP, looks like the whole Moen Caldwell line is on clearance. I bought 2 full bathroom sets of shower faucet, sink faucet, tp holder, towel rack, ring, and hooks

SAVETAX promo code also worked for me.
oh frig i forgot the savetax........ TAKE MY RFD CARD :'(
Nov 5, 2006
71 posts
53 upvotes
Yes, it's all on sale. I bought two faucets. Installed one, seem to be a great "builder basic" quality set.
Sep 14, 2007
879 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Terrible reviews for the shower/tub faucets.
Jan 14, 2008
470 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Use promo code SAVETAX when your subtotal pretax is over $100
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2998 posts
1591 upvotes
Mississauga
Op thanked
But faucet uglyaf
May 7, 2007
438 posts
157 upvotes
Peterborough
Thanks. I have an apartment reno coming up so I picked up a bath faucet, shower/tub set and a towel bar plus toilet roll holder. All in was $110. Saved $340.
Its Moen so don't have to worry about warranty
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22139 posts
166362 upvotes
GTA
Are dual handle faucets making a comeback? Too used to seeing single handle everywhere since the 90s, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5049 posts
1027 upvotes
Montreal
That Bathroom set is very cheaply made as I bought 2 of them at 30$ each last Dec during the 60-70% sale Rona and Renodepot had.
Dec 13, 2019
379 posts
293 upvotes
This is a hot price for a Moen faucet which has a lifetime warranty when used in a home environment (5 years in a commercial application). However, it is a bit of a buyer beware situation with the design sounding very bad and a nightmare to install and raises serious questions about longevity with its myriad of hoses and parts underneath. Even though the faucet has a lifetime warranty, ripping out and reinstalling the faucet every 2 - 3 years is a royal pain in the butt. There are some bad reviews of this product that I doubt Moen has addressed. Hence why it is on clearance. If this was purchased to spruce up a bathroom prior to putting the home on the market, it wouldn't be a bad idea...

I hope this is a one-off for Moen and they're not in the race to the bottom like everyone else, selling poorly made-in-china and overpriced garbage that is devastating for our planet because someone needs to make and sell something for a paycheque.

Because this is on clearance, it is a final sale item according to Lowe's fine print.
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Feb 11, 2015
64 posts
65 upvotes
Alberta
I went with this one

https://www.lowes.ca/product/bathroom-s ... ded-749785

It's tall but I'd rather more clearance for all that hand washing I'm going to be doing, great price too. I added a toilet paper roll holder plus a few other filler items and took advantage of the welcome $10 off $50 offer as well, great deal
Dec 23, 2014
148 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The the good thing about your comment is that it’s completely baseless. Did you know China does also make good products such the iphone?

LesDeals wrote: This is a hot price for a Moen faucet which has a lifetime warranty when used in a home environment (5 years in a commercial application). However, it is a bit of a buyer beware situation with the design sounding very bad and a nightmare to install and raises serious questions about longevity with its myriad of hoses and parts underneath. Even though the faucet has a lifetime warranty, ripping out and reinstalling the faucet every 2 - 3 years is a royal pain in the butt. There are some bad reviews of this product that I doubt Moen has addressed. Hence why it is on clearance. If this was purchased to spruce up a bathroom prior to putting the home on the market, it wouldn't be a bad idea...

I hope this is a one-off for Moen and they're not in the race to the bottom like everyone else, selling poorly made-in-china and overpriced garbage that is devastating for our planet because someone needs to make and sell something for a paycheque.

Because this is on clearance, it is a final sale item according to Lowe's fine print.
[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
845 posts
597 upvotes
Hmm can you elaborate on what the issue is with the design? I think all of Moen's widespread faucets use the same setup. I just installed a different style earlier this week (same mechanicals) and thought it was solid / easy so would like to know if there's something I missed.

On a side note, you'll definitely need a basin wrench for this.
LesDeals wrote: This is a hot price for a Moen faucet which has a lifetime warranty when used in a home environment (5 years in a commercial application). However, it is a bit of a buyer beware situation with the design sounding very bad and a nightmare to install and raises serious questions about longevity with its myriad of hoses and parts underneath. Even though the faucet has a lifetime warranty, ripping out and reinstalling the faucet every 2 - 3 years is a royal pain in the butt. There are some bad reviews of this product that I doubt Moen has addressed. Hence why it is on clearance. If this was purchased to spruce up a bathroom prior to putting the home on the market, it wouldn't be a bad idea...

Jun 28, 2007
77 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Super sweet deal! Just picked up my entire basement bathroom: shower kit, bath faucet, towel rack, tp holder, bath ring at sink, even a robe holder on the back of the door for the tenant lol. $137 taxes in!!!!! I think my wife spent more for just our master bathroom faucet hahaha