Hot Deals

[Lowe's] MURdesign faux wood 4 x 8 wall panel $27.50 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 5:38 am
[OP]
Aug 29, 2013
707 posts
362 upvotes
Waterloo

[Lowe's] MURdesign faux wood 4 x 8 wall panel $27.50 (50% off)

I installed these panels in an alcove in my living room last year and they look fantastic! They go on the walls easily provided you plan ahead and your cuts are straight (thanks Bro!). They look great and completely transform a room for very little cost.

I check back at Lowe's every once and a while looking for another special on these panels (the first time I bought they were buy one get one at 50% off ~ $41.25/piece). This morning I saw they are running a straight 50% off deal this week so I will be buying some more to add a feature wall in my dining area. Thought I would share the sale as I've personally never seen them this cheap.

The panels look great on the wall but are pretty fragile (MDF) so they need to be treated with care when moving or hanging. They are glued to the wall and nailed into place.

The link is for the ones that I personally used but there are other designs as well.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 3rd, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
91 replies
Mar 14, 2019
118 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks! I just happen to be in the market for these, great timing!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
good price. I have these on a couple walls. they are pretty good. but yes be vewy vewy careful when handling and in transport. they scratch and nick and you do not want even the corners damaged at all.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1604 posts
538 upvotes
How would they compare to the ones costco once had around ~$35?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2305 posts
363 upvotes
North York
Damn I was hoping the faux brick wall panel from the same manufacturer would go on sale too as I plan on using this in my basement game room walls.

I might go in and have a look at these ones on sale in store to see how this looks in person.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1060 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
These are interesting. How do you cut them and how do you secure them to drywall?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
michiebaby wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 10:45 am
These are interesting. How do you cut them and how do you secure them to drywall?
you are supposed to glue but I used finishing nails and a gun. I didn't want to glue up the drywall in case they ever need to come down.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1545 posts
483 upvotes
Edmonton
mwong168 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 10:44 am
Damn I was hoping the faux brick wall panel from the same manufacturer would go on sale too as I plan on using this in my basement game room walls.

I might go in and have a look at these ones on sale in store to see how this looks in person.
if you are talking about the brick panels that have texture, they are much nicer. These are smooth so you can tell that they are not really barnwood but from a distance they look nice.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
[OP]
Aug 29, 2013
707 posts
362 upvotes
Waterloo
michiebaby wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 10:45 am
Cut with a circular saw or table saw (if your circular saw happens to break the instant you need it). I PL'd them to the wall and used finishing nails which hide easily into the look of this particular board.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2305 posts
363 upvotes
North York
freewheelin76 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 10:48 am
if you are talking about the brick panels that have texture, they are much nicer. These are smooth so you can tell that they are not really barnwood but from a distance they look nice.
Yeah this would be just for looks and understand there is no texture. I like that it is finished and no need to mud, sand, prime and paint like drywall for my basement.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1060 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
freewheelin76 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 10:47 am
you are supposed to glue but I used finishing nails and a gun. I didn't want to glue up the drywall in case they ever need to come down.
That's a good point.. so a nail gun would work. How many nails are you putting into each 4 x 8 slat and is it necessary to hit the studs?

TIA!
Sep 13, 2010
148 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Its also Save the Tax this weekend at Lowes! I know it states for regular priced items only but in my experience, the cashier applies the promo code once they see you've exceeded the spend limit requirement.