Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Nest Camera iQ Indoor - $219.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2022 5:30 am
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best home security cameras!
12 replies
Dec 1, 2003
508 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal, one of the last Nest cameras that can still run under the Nest app, and not the Google Home app (like all the new Google cams) which I think is unfinished in terms of features and functionality.
Dec 30, 2007
924 posts
357 upvotes
Great deal OP. I just read the terms and they say final sale on clearance items.
Jun 9, 2019
772 posts
906 upvotes
How does this compare to other indoor cameras that are cheaper even after this sale from companies like Ring, Wyze, Google, and Amazon (to name a few)?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1820 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
silly wrote: Great deal, one of the last Nest cameras that can still run under the Nest app, and not the Google Home app (like all the new Google cams) which I think is unfinished in terms of features and functionality.
I heard by next year everything will move to the Google Home app... not sure if this it true or not cause the Nest app is better so far.
Jul 5, 2017
316 posts
361 upvotes
The YI Home Camera 3 can do all this for a fraction of the price and their cameras are very good, so is the software.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
wardaddy wrote: The YI Home Camera 3 can do all this for a fraction of the price and their cameras are very good, so is the software.
When you say "all this", I highly doubt it has a 4K sensor for that price. Might seem like a small detail, but it makes all the difference when you are trying to zoom in to read finer details like licence plate numbers.
Jul 5, 2017
316 posts
361 upvotes
toguy wrote: When you say "all this", I highly doubt it has a 4K sensor for that price. Might seem like a small detail, but it makes all the difference when you are trying to zoom in to read finer details like licence plate numbers.
The nest cam for 300$ is indoor only with no weather protection and full HD, am I missing something?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
wardaddy wrote: The nest cam for 300$ is indoor only with no weather protection and full HD, am I missing something?
It records in 1080p but because it has a 4K sensor, when you zoom in, you are going to be able to do so without losing detail like you will on a camera that doesn't have it (i.e. the Yi). It was just an example (you could always point any camera out a window) but that applies to anything you want to zoom in on / see in further detail in the image.

Edit: The Yi also does not autozoom / track a subject, so again, it does not "do" everything the Nest does...
Jul 5, 2017
316 posts
361 upvotes
toguy wrote: It records in 1080p but because it has a 4K sensor, when you zoom in, you are going to be able to do so without losing detail like you will on a camera that doesn't have it (i.e. the Yi). It was just an example (you could always point any camera out a window) but that applies to anything you want to zoom in on / see in further detail in the image.

Edit: The Yi also does not autozoom / track a subject, so again, it does not "do" everything the Nest does...
The autozoom is cool, but the autozoomed video is only full hd, meaning you can only watch the recorded video in full hd zoomed in or out. If it recorded in 4k and you can selectively zoom later on playback, I understand the 4k sensor logic. It also seems like it cannot record to sd card and only to the cloud? The Yi does everything it can without a subscription.
Mar 31, 2009
449 posts
688 upvotes
This is strictly an indoor camera so the bigger sensor is not that critical.
Even in clearance it is still way overpriced IMHO plus some features require a subscription.
Dec 1, 2003
508 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
The Nest IQ cams are quite superior as far as cams go. Of course there are best performance per dollar cameras out there like Wyze etc but if you are in the Nest/Google cam eco system, this is a great deal. It even has the google assistant built in as well. I don't use that function but I do own a few IQ cameras a couple indoor and an outdoor. This are solid cameras and great resolution even if you choose a "zoomed in camera mode" so you can just focus on a particular area.
As for a subscription, if you already have the new nest aware plus (migrated to google - which I did) then the subscription is a one price deal and does not cost any more to add more cameras to your account for those record, recognition features. I migrated myself from the old nest account to google account but still use the Nest cams (IQ ones and Nest doorbells) and its great!
Jun 22, 2015
89 posts
197 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have 4 Nest IQ cams installed in my house. They are great but you need the subscription if you want to have saved recorded video. The Nest Aware Plus came to $179.20/year for me ($160+tax, $14.93/month).
It's great if you are already using other Nest products or haven't bought into another ecosystem yet.

I managed to snag these cameras back in September 2021 when Home Depot was clearing them out, each location had them for different prices. I got them for $160 each, at the Port Coquitlam and Abbotsford location.

I personally have the IQ cameras, outdoor camera, doorbell, thermostat and some home mini speakers. They work well enough together that I have no complaints, I haven't tried other ecosystems to say how good or bad the Google Nest system is.
I managed to snag these cameras back in September 2021 when Home Depot was clearing them out, each location had them for different prices. I got them for $160 each, at the Port Coquitlam and Abbotsford location.

Edit: I've heard stories of Amazon doorbells shutting off the video in the US when the Amazon couriers arrive, so I avoided the amazon products, plus I don't own any Alexa devices.

I was looking into getting the ADT (TELUS) security system, but the monthly cost + devices + installation fee was way too high.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)