Expired Hot Deals

Lowe's

Order for Instore pickup - Very cheap Legrand electrical switches and more (from $1.00 for 10)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2021 4:48 pm
103 replies
Sep 18, 2017
145 posts
247 upvotes
Costco had a box of 30 of these plugs that averaged out to a dollar as well. I believe they were the same brand.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1094 posts
1049 upvotes
Dealchaser007 wrote: Costco had a box of 30 of these plugs that averaged out to a dollar as well. I believe they were the same brand.
Saw them at Costco....$40. Be aware none of the receptacles are tamper proof. I may be mistaken, but the most recent electrical code requires tamper proof. Aka these are not up to code right out of the box.

Edit: Tamper-resistant not tamper proof.
Last edited by kronos288 on Aug 29th, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 11, 2013
110 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I can't check out with most of these... cart just keeps loading. Any tips?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1102 posts
5032 upvotes
Vancouver Island
EvanFBC wrote: I can't check out with most of these... cart just keeps loading. Any tips?
Does your store have stock?

Check "Store pickup". If "greyed out", that store doesn't have stock.

Untitled.jpg
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10322 posts
19128 upvotes
Montreal
kronos288 wrote: Saw them at Costco....$40. Be aware none of the receptacles are tamper proof. I may be mistaken, but the most recent electrical code requires tamper proof. Aka these are not up to code right out of the box.
What does tamper proof mean in the context of electrical plugs? TIA.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2316 posts
399 upvotes
Edmonton
kronos288 wrote: Saw them at Costco....$40. Be aware none of the receptacles are tamper proof. I may be mistaken, but the most recent electrical code requires tamper proof. Aka these are not up to code right out of the box.
Description says they are newer invisible tamper lock equipped
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2106 posts
2297 upvotes
Toronto
I dislike the tamper proof ones but seems like all they sell now a days.

Will say the newer ones are much better, hate having to wiggle the plugs on the older ones just to get them inserted properly.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Apr 8, 2006
208 posts
102 upvotes
Temporel wrote: What does tamper proof mean in the context of electrical plugs? TIA.
Seeking clarification as well. It seems to amount to flaps to prevent the classic fork scenario, though not sure if "resistant" is the same as "proof" in product listings or building code. Regardless, I think code applies to new home builds vs existing outlet replacements, but again, would appreciate input from someone in the know.
Feb 27, 2013
339 posts
545 upvotes
Québec
These are the ones at Costco, tamper proof but more expensive.

885WCST30 is the part number at Costco.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by draggonfly on Aug 29th, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2020
302 posts
293 upvotes
I picked up 120 white square decorator switches for $12 ($1 for 10) and 39 15amp gfci square plugs for $65 ($5 for 3)

Great prices.. some lowes have lower prices than others for clearance, so check all the stores around you.
Last edited by demanche1 on Aug 29th, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1094 posts
1049 upvotes
polypep wrote: Description says they are newer invisible tamper lock equipped
Clearly I didn't look at the packaging close enough. I assumed based on the photo that they weren't.
Apr 1, 2019
159 posts
151 upvotes
demanche1 wrote: I picked up 120 white square decorator switches for $12 ($1 for 10) and 39 15amp gfci square plugs for $65 ($5 for 3)

Great prices.. some lowes have lower prices than others for clearance, so check all the stores around you.
So I guess that's why there's none left in stock anywhere. I really hope you're an electrician or something...... 39gfcis??? Those won't meet code by the time you've used them all!
Apr 1, 2019
159 posts
151 upvotes
Repro wrote: Seeking clarification as well. It seems to amount to flaps to prevent the classic fork scenario, though not sure if "resistant" is the same as "proof" in product listings or building code. Regardless, I think code applies to new home builds vs existing outlet replacements, but again, would appreciate input from someone in the know.
Basically there's no point in buying receptacles that aren't tamper proof anymore. There's few exceptions code wise of locations you can use non tamper proof. Easier to just bulk buy TR receptacles and throw them in everywhere.
Aug 5, 2019
46 posts
88 upvotes
Repro wrote: Seeking clarification as well. It seems to amount to flaps to prevent the classic fork scenario, though not sure if "resistant" is the same as "proof" in product listings or building code. Regardless, I think code applies to new home builds vs existing outlet replacements, but again, would appreciate input from someone in the know.
BC Electrician here, we are supposed to bring plugs up to code when we replace them.
May 8, 2016
753 posts
1738 upvotes
Njoelk wrote: BC Electrician here, we are supposed to bring plugs up to code when we replace them.
Does this mean those plugs should never be used?
Aug 5, 2019
46 posts
88 upvotes
springrain wrote: Does this mean those plugs should never be used?
If they are not Tamper Resistant they should not be used, however these may be tamper resistant based on the description on the website.

There is not a Lowe's in my town so I can't go verify this but if you take a light and shine it into the receptacle on a non-TR you will be able to see the brass contacts inside. On Tamper resistant plugs you will only see a piece of black/white/translucent piece of plastic.
Dec 10, 2018
2 posts
Thanks, OP. Went to some stores in Ottawa and picked some stuff up (eg 10 decora switches for $1, 10 receptacles for $1, 3 packs of GFCIs for $5). Prices on the shelf weren’t as good as online, but cashier had no problem matching the online price.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5559 posts
1135 upvotes
springrain wrote: Does this mean those plugs should never be used?
no it just means when they are replacing, you should upgrade to newer TR ones.

You are not going to make it worst if you are replacing an old non TR with another non TR...

I'm assuming this is not an issue for homeowners. Although I would recommend TR ones, especially if you have young children.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)