• Jul 17th, 2020 9:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7175 posts
7666 upvotes
Vancouver

Lowe's order processing times

Lowe's has changed their order processing time from "4-5 days" to "5-21 days" due to COVID-19 backlog. That applies to all orders, including pickup reservations and parcel shipping.

Is that not a bit ridiculous? They can't even get around to processing your online order for 3 weeks?! Hire some students for heaven's sake!
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2008
1259 posts
48 upvotes
Markham
I tried to order a bidet once from lowes which got lost in transit and it took them over 2 months to refund me.

It was a huge pain to get through to customer support, the phone line kept saying busy and the only way i got a hold of someone was through email support which the first response I got was 2 days later.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3635 posts
2297 upvotes
London
Scote64 wrote: Lowe's has changed their order processing time from "4-5 days" to "5-21 days" due to COVID-19 backlog. That applies to all orders, including pickup reservations and parcel shipping.

Is that not a bit ridiculous? They can't even get around to processing your online order for 3 weeks?! Hire some students for heaven's sake!
took them 6 weeks to ship out an order i placed for unity knife blades. contacting c/s was unless they just gave excesses they would call the store who was filling it and all they would say its we have alot of orders rather then just send someone over to grab it and stick it in a box. once it shipped ups delivered it in 1 day so it was all on the location who fills the orders.

they claim the order goes to the closest store that has stock but the local stores had stock and rather then use them they picked a store in south Brampton that they claimed had 3000 orders to fill. i said well why don't u just transfer the order then to a store who has less orders or one of the local ones they said nope we can't do that its up to some automated system.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22258 posts
20871 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lol, 5 to 21 Days is good compared to a month ago
(Several threads here on RFD)

For whatever reason, Lowe’s struggled greatly during Covid & implementing curbside pick up
(But then so did Home Depot & Cdn Tire ... again lots of threads from April, May & June )

I think part of the issue was getting goods in from the USA to their stores

Recently did an online ship to home order ... and it went better than my previous curbside pick up
But still was 3 weeks delivery
BUT it shipped direct to me from the US vs from Canada

So maybe that’s part of their problem / current work around

Truth ... it’s Crazy Covid Times. Things are far from normal
People should rein in their expectations
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2791 posts
2023 upvotes
Had major problems ordering a stove
Website said availble to pick up the following day. No email so i called it. They didnt have it and didnt expect any shipment of that particular unit. I picked a different one.

Person on the phone said it would take 2 weeks to come in. 2 weeks passes...no email or communication. I called the store...they said it hasnt even been processed. Let alone ordered. It would be a minimum of another 2 weeks if they put the order in that day but they had a backlog of over 3000 orders. I was infuriated. If i had known that, i would not have gone through a major retailer.
Smash that like button!
Nov 4, 2008
189 posts
70 upvotes
Windsor
I ordered a washer and it came in 4 days. I was shocked it was so swift
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7175 posts
7666 upvotes
Vancouver
I got a shipping notice for my item after 5 days, so they did hit the high limit of their previous promise and the low limit of their new promise.

It creates a bit of suspense because of the way the email title is cut off "Order xxxxxxxxxxx has been "
Shipped? or Canceled? click to find out!

Of course it was still pretty screwed up. The "Order Status" link in the shipping email was broken, but at least the one in the original order email still worked. The shipping email said that it was shipped with Purolator and gives a tracking number, but no link. The Purolator web site thinks about that number for 15 seconds, then says "Error. Check your network connection." (The irony of sending you an internet status message telling you to check your network connection doesn't seem to have occurred to Purolator's web site designer). Fortunately Purolator fixed their web site the next day. But 3 days later my "shipped" order still shows shipping label printed, not yet picked up by Purolator.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 13th, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1368 posts
1390 upvotes
ON
I have ordered stuff from home depot numerous times for curbside pickup and 100% of the times it takes only 2-3 hours to get the stuff is ready for pickup notification. At three different locations. Great service!

I placed one order in May with Lowes for curbside pickup of two items. It took them about a month to send the pickup notification. I even called the store thinking they might have missed my order. During the one month wait, one of the items (which was seasonal) went out of stock so it was canceled at the time of sending the pickup notification. Two things that really angered me: they immediately charged my credit card at the time of order placing and then refunded me after a month for the cancelled item. When I went to pick up the item, I was expecting a full house for pickups but I was the only one there for pickup. So it was not even that they were drowning to fulfill all the orders. That was my one and only order with Lowes.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7175 posts
7666 upvotes
Vancouver
Now this is getting annoying - according to Lowe's, they shipped my product with Purolator and billed my credit card. According to Purolator, all that has happened 4 days later is "shipping label printed". They haven't picked up anything yet from the store 20km away that it is shipping from.

Update: My enquiry to customer service wasn't answered, but Purolator finally showed a pickup 5 days after the shipping label was printed. It's only going to take 1 day to deliver it because it's local. So 10 days to get the order out the door from the Lowe's store, and one day to actually deliver it.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 17th, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3635 posts
2297 upvotes
London
Scote64 wrote: Now this is getting annoying - according to Lowe's, they shipped my product with Purolator and billed my credit card. According to Purolator, all that has happened 4 days later is "shipping label printed". They haven't picked up anything yet from the store 20km away that it is shipping from.
i had 1 order and it was a week and half before ups even picked it up after the label was printed.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3483 posts
909 upvotes
kinda related but did lowes extend their return policy? they weren’t taking stuff back for a while. Even Home Depot doubled their return period.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2991 posts
2799 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
Home Depot isn't much better, an order my mom had took 2 months just to ship.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2991 posts
2799 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
I was looking at some of the online reviews for Lowe’s and I must say that the company needs HELP.

Compared to the Home Depot, Lowe’s is doing a horrible job with customer service. People aren’t getting their orders and there’s no one to talk to. It saddens me because I don’t want to see a competitor die but if Lowe’s doesn’t change this soon they will. When customers get this annoyed they never come back.

Maybe instead of being worried about how profitable their stores are and which ones to close, the company could spend some time getting a customer service team. I mean I myself still haven’t received an email back for my price match I did 3 months ago.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
Know nothing about their current pandemic situation at lowes but online ordering was far from hassle free when my family purchased a dish washer from them. Same goes for Leons

Nevertheless, the dish washer itself was great
plz don't touch my signature.

don't make me less of a human just cause i don't share your "idiotologies".

👮‍♂️👮‍♀️lives matter

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)