1967 posts
920 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON

Outdoor fireplace, firepit, heaters

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Lowes
First, this is a huge YMMV due to limited stock in each store.

Lowes is a huge clearance on a lot of their outdoor fireplaces, firepits, patio heaters, etc. Discounts vary based on the product, but some reach 70%. I just purchased a gas firepit for $210.00 (regular price is $550.00). Some models were at 350.00 (regular $900.00), etc.

https://www.lowes.ca/heat

The KEY here is : do NOT trust the online inventory tool. The unit I purchased was listed as not available at the Castlefield location, yet they had 1 brand new and 1 demo. Etobicoke South had 3 units, 2 pending sale and 1 they could not locate. Vaughan had 2 units available when I called.

For the particular unit I wanted, I ended up calling a few stores near me to locate which one had a new unit in stock.

This particular unit was available at the Castlefield location earlier today.. quite a few units in stock. $164 bucks.

https://www.lowes.ca/fire-pits/allen-ro ... 49575.html
Images
  • 1.jpeg
  • 2.jpeg
  • 3.jpeg
  • 4.jpeg
  • 5.jpeg
  • 6.jpeg
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent at Valuemortgage
2018 Top 20 National - Mortgage Intelligence
FSCO # 10428
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1087 posts
339 upvotes
calgary
anything that uses natural gas?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5219 posts
2842 upvotes
A Place to Stand
These have been on clearance for quite a while. I bought one of the ones you posted in October for the same price, so stock would definitely be YMMV.

Here is the thread from several months ago.

lowes-bbq-onsale-heavy-discount-50-2050796/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2015
1967 posts
920 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Right.. and the reason I posted was exactly because the old thread was in the "expired" section, bu the deal is still going strong and depending on the item there is a lot of inventory left in some stores.
FSCO # 10428
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5450 posts
4729 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks OP. I'm really tempted to get one of those fire tables. I think I'm going to hold off for now. Great prices though!
Mar 18, 2014
80 posts
15 upvotes
Windsor
Where is this stuff typically located? Garden centre or near the barbecues maybe?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4148 posts
983 upvotes
thanks OP ending up getting a patio heater for the deck.

also - they already put out all the new spring 17 patio furniture Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3983 posts
3168 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP although I'm not interested in any of the ones currently on sale.

You can see all the ones currently on clearance at the top by sorting or use this link
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7497 posts
936 upvotes
itsvince wrote: I was tempted until I saw this: http://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledgebase ... 44714.html

Might not be a good idea if you live in Toronto, unless it's gas and ULC/CSA approved.
Most of the areas in GTA have similar bylaws....for the most part, unless you're being excessively stupid and careless with a wood burning fire in your backyard, the bylaw guy/fire dept is only going to come if someone complains about the smoke, which is by far the most common complaint. Keep the pit in an open area without brush or trees, hose and sand bucket ready (fire extinguisher is best), and don't go burning it after a long heat wave on a windy day.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
May 4, 2008
459 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
May be a dumb question, but would those Propane Fire Pits be an issue on a Wood Deck?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2669 posts
102 upvotes
Thanks OP. I picked up the Bond Bungalow Faux Wood Fire Pit from Lowe's yesterday afternoon. I believe it was the last one there and it's exactly what I was looking at but for less than half than I expected to pay. It's stunning, great size and reviews are very high for this.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
2631 posts
74 upvotes
Winnipeg
marcotech wrote: May be a dumb question, but would those Propane Fire Pits be an issue on a Wood Deck?
No issue. They don't get hot underneath.
Scotty is a cheap mofo and loves to get a deal!

HEATWARE
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4347 posts
1183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
itsvince wrote: I was tempted until I saw this: http://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledgebase ... 44714.html

Might not be a good idea if you live in Toronto, unless it's gas and ULC/CSA approved.
Thanks OP - was thinking of getting one.

Thanks itsvince, didn't realize that in Toronto(GTA) there are restriction on fire pits. (Good thing I guess).

Under the link you provided it says Gas Fire Pits are allowed given that they are ULC and CSA approved. Would this unit pass under those rules *can't find anything about CSA or ULC on the Lowe's descripton*: https://www.lowes.ca/fire-pits/bond-bun ... 64113.html

EDIT: OP please add this to your post - there is a buy more save more promo going on that saves up to 15%. Details below:
Save up to 15% with our Buy More Save More promotion

Spend $125 to save 5%
Promo code: SAVE5

Spend $250 to save 10%
Promo code: SAVE10

Spend $500 to save 15%
Promo code: SAVE15

Offer valid through Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Cheers
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2004
2669 posts
102 upvotes
honggil wrote: Thanks OP - was thinking of getting one.

Thanks itsvince, didn't realize that in Toronto(GTA) there are restriction on fire pits. (Good thing I guess).

Under the link you provided it says Gas Fire Pits are allowed given that they are ULC and CSA approved. Would this unit pass under those rules *can't find anything about CSA or ULC on the Lowe's descripton*: https://www.lowes.ca/fire-pits/bond-bun ... 64113.html

EDIT: OP please add this to your post - there is a buy more save more promo going on that saves up to 15%. Details below:
Save up to 15% with our Buy More Save More promotion

Spend $125 to save 5%
Promo code: SAVE5

Spend $250 to save 10%
Promo code: SAVE10

Spend $500 to save 15%
Promo code: SAVE15

Offer valid through Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Cheers
I believe that promo does not work with clearance items. I tried to do this online and it gave me an error message.
Feb 10, 2013
191 posts
69 upvotes
Thank you OP!!

I was originally discouraged because the item I was looking for was only in stock 500km away in Price George. lol.

I figured I'd try calling in anyway and it turns out that even if they don't have stock in store, they can order it direct from the distributor or their local distribution center at the clearance pricing.
You have to go in store in order to make the purchase, and delivery could be up to 10 days for in store pick up. Home Delivery is like $85.

Picked up this guy: Real FLame 9660LP-AW

Almost $600 saved, but if you look at the grey one or anything similar in style it could cost upwards of $1300. Great buy IMO.

FYI, I ordered it at the Queenborough location in New Westminister, BC. They said the distribution center had like 100 of them. The matching Tank Cover is also on sale for $80.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2015
1967 posts
920 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
In store, the additional savings (ends today, I believe) do apply, and I got the discount on the clearance item I purchased.
FSCO # 10428