Shopping Discussion

Lowes prices are almost always more than double Home Depot, so I always shop Lowes

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 10:48 am
[OP]
Dec 25, 2013
6 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary

Lowes prices are almost always more than double Home Depot, so I always shop Lowes

Lowes has a price beat policy.
Lowes prices are almost always more then double Home Depot price
So I take the Home Depot SKUS for the items I want to Lowes and get everything for less than Home Depot price
They have to fill out a form including a screen shot of the Home Depot item.
So basically I am contracting market research services to Lowes
I have never seen them lower a price as a result, so not sure why they need that data, but I am happy to work for them at the rate they are paying

Example:
Images
  • Riser Half by Close $0.63 HomeDepot.ca.png
  • Riser Half by Close $1.49 Lowes.ca.png
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3229 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
If my calculations are correct, you went to Lowes and went through the trouble to save $0.06? (0.63 * 0.1 = 0.06)

Okay.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3525 posts
1638 upvotes
Ottawa
Lowes and Home Depot mostly carry different brands though
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1388 posts
1424 upvotes
ON
Lowes prices, if they have the exact same product, may be a bit higher than Home Depot but I’ve never seen prices to be double. Personally for me the difference has usually not been that much to make it worthwhile to go through price match. So, I’d rather give my business to HD which took the initiative to have a lower price.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5276 posts
3743 upvotes
Vancouver
input wrote: If my calculations are correct, you went to Lowes and went through the trouble to save $0.06? (0.63 * 0.1 = 0.06)

Okay.
Maybe he is buying 1000s🤷‍♂️
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3229 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
Paigne wrote: Maybe he is buying 1000s🤷‍♂️
There's also the possibility that he only intended on buying one as well. Face With Tears Of Joy

You do have a point though. If he/she was planning on buying these items in bulk, then I could see the advantage of saving $0.06 on all of them assuming if they are saving a considerable amount of money on them.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2665 posts
1942 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I can't imagine shopping from Lowe's regularly. The one near me takes no less than half an hour any time I need to speak with customer service, including store pickup. I very rarely bother with pricematches elsewhere, though, so maybe OP has more patience than I do.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Get that crap out of your signature.
Dec 25, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
Canada
Even so, on a purchase of 1000 pieces, that's still only $60 in savings. OP definitely has a lot of time on his hands
input wrote: There's also the possibility that he only intended on buying one as well. Face With Tears Of Joy

You do have a point though. If he/she was planning on buying these items in bulk, then I could see the advantage of saving $0.06 on all of them assuming if they are saving a considerable amount of money on them.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13073 posts
8319 upvotes
Markham
dbl0seven wrote: Even so, on a purchase of 1000 pieces, that's still only $60 in savings. OP definitely has a lot of time on his hands
63 dollars savings is not little. You can easily save a lot when you save 10 dollars here 20 dollars there. It's better than most credit card rewards programs

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)