Hot Deals

Lowe's

Remington 24-in 208CC 2-Stage Self-Propelled Gas Snow Blower with Electric Start $509 (reg $849) Also on sale at Rona

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 6:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1006 posts
1119 upvotes
Bradford

[Lowe's] Remington 24-in 208CC 2-Stage Self-Propelled Gas Snow Blower with Electric Start $509 (reg $849) Also on sale at Rona

Remington 24-in 208CC 2-Stage Self-Propelled Gas Snow Blower with Electric Start $509 reg $849

When i was in Lowe's this morning i saw four sold...

https://www.lowes.ca/product/gas-snow-b ... rt-1058822

Same price at Rona if you can find a store with stock: https://www.rona.ca/en/product/remingto ... %2BQ%3D%3D

"Get the job done with this 24-in two-stage snow blower's 12-in serrated augers that cut through deep, heavy snow, chopping it for faster removal at 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds. The polymer chute is arctic-tested and sure to not rust, dent, or crack while X-Trac snow tires maximize traction. The Powermore 208cc engine provides reliable power, and the self-propelled drive provides control and versatility in winter conditions."

There are also some Craftsman on sale, but might be more limited stock: https://www.lowes.ca/dept/snow-blowers- ... DCRAFTSMAN
CRAFTSMAN 24-in 208Cc 2 Stage Snow Blower $779.40 (reg $1299)
CRAFTSMAN 26-in 243 Cc 2 Stage Snow Blower $899.40 (reg $14.99)

If you are more interested in electric, there is a good thread on Ego blowers here: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/reno-de ... 9-2595029/
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 23rd, 2023 7:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added Rona to title
145 replies
Jan 16, 2012
102 posts
93 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Looks like a solid deal OP
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5114 posts
752 upvotes
Excellent deal and lots of stock.
Apr 9, 2018
458 posts
203 upvotes
GTA
Final sale? I assume yes as that's what it says on the site. Makes me a bit weary because Remington isn't exactly a brand name in the space afaik. Great price for the specs though
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6037 posts
1206 upvotes
These blowers use MTD powermore engines. It’s good machine with proper maintenance and aftermarket parts are readily available online.
Oct 2, 2014
240 posts
314 upvotes
Madden, AB
Tempted. Reviews are 50/50 either trash or great....
Jun 25, 2017
997 posts
539 upvotes
Saw this in store , thing is massive , I’d be weary of the repairs and maintenance. I personally went with the ego (2125) with two batteries for $899
Oct 2, 2014
240 posts
314 upvotes
Madden, AB
Master2031 wrote: Saw this in store , thing is massive , I’d be weary of the repairs and maintenance. I personally went with the ego (2125) with two batteries for $899
Well, ya. It's a heavy duty 2-stage snowblower...
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18925 posts
6120 upvotes
London
tomtomtom wrote: These blowers use MTD powermore engines. It’s good machine with proper maintenance and aftermarket parts are readily available online.
It's a MTD produced machine - so shares parts with other MTD oem blowers - cub cadet and Troy-bilt

MTD is now owned by Stanley / Black and Decker

I checked the mtd site - looks like this particular machine uses the standard / proven friction disk drive, not the failure prone "plastic" case / CVT transmission
Mar 11, 2011
382 posts
179 upvotes
GTA
I have this.
Paid 550. Few years back.
Play around with the website and you may get an extra 40-50 off in your cart. It usually pops up as a banner. At the time, I scored 50 off $500 or more.

It starts on the first pull every time. I never use the electric start. It's probably good if your older and can't pull the string fast enough.

The only con is no heating handle, no light, and to control the chute direction, you have to spin the knob.
Again, it's 500 bucks vs 1000+ bucks.

I recommend!
Oct 2, 2014
240 posts
314 upvotes
Madden, AB
Can't seem to get $10 off newsletter coupon to work....
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1425 posts
1295 upvotes
ON
I have one, bought 5 or 6 years ago. I do no maintenance worth mentioning. Had a problem in the beginning, the auger was not spinning, I fixed it myself with the help of some Youtube video.

This is a great price, a bit lower than what I paid all those years ago. The only annoying thing is the way the chute turns. My driveway is small, and I have to do a lot of turns, so it's very inconvenient. I would run right now and buy another one if it wasn't for that. Otherwise, solid, powerful, reliable machine.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4566 posts
1583 upvotes
Mississauga
RaidZero wrote: I have one, bought 5 or 6 years ago. I do no maintenance worth mentioning. Had a problem in the beginning, the auger was not spinning, I fixed it myself with the help of some Youtube video.

This is a great price, a bit lower than what I paid all those years ago. The only annoying thing is the way the chute turns. My driveway is small, and I have to do a lot of turns, so it's very inconvenient. I would run right now and buy another one if it wasn't for that. Otherwise, solid, powerful, reliable machine.
I haven't seen a floor model.
Does it take a lot of cranks to change directions? Do you find the chute tilt adjustment to be flimsy depending on how heavy the snow is, like pushing the tilt up?
Will the plastic chute last the life of the machine?

I'm debating there's a craftsman on sale too but it's $300 more just for the metal chute.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1425 posts
1295 upvotes
ON
wing0 wrote: Does it take a lot of cranks to change directions? Do you find the chute tilt adjustment to be flimsy depending on how heavy the snow is, like pushing the tilt up?
Yes, and yes. The attachment of the handle coil needs to be tightened from time to time, like every couple of years, otherwise the chute won't spin.
Will the plastic chute last the life of the machine?
Probably not. The "teeth" where the coil actions on it are already a bit worn on mine.
I'm debating there's a craftsman on sale too but it's $300 more just for the metal chute.
Up to you. I will never pay $300 extra just for the metal chute. A 3D printer is much cheaper, and can be used to print a reinforcement.

I would pay $300 more only for a machine with a joystick controlled chute. Or maybe not, I actually manage to do OK with this one. I don't know :)
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4566 posts
1583 upvotes
Mississauga
RaidZero wrote: Yes, and yes. The attachment of the handle coil needs to be tightened from time to time, like every couple of years, otherwise the chute won't spin.

Probably not. The "teeth" where the coil actions on it are already a bit worn on mine.

Up to you. I will never pay $300 extra just for the metal chute. A 3D printer is much cheaper, and can be used to print a reinforcement.

I would pay $300 more only for a machine with a joystick controlled chute. Or maybe not, I actually manage to do OK with this one. I don't know :)
Yah, makes sense. I think craftsman also uses MTD engine so I see this just being paying for metal chute and a different paint.
Was the box compact enough to be lifted and fit in a SUV like rav4/crv?
I can't find any unboxing of this model to gauge on the footprint.

Debating if I want to attempt pick up or just delivery for piece of mind.
Oct 2, 2014
240 posts
314 upvotes
Madden, AB
Got the wife to pick it up, as I'm laid up with Covid. they used a forklift to load it into the box of my pickup. It's pretty large.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4566 posts
1583 upvotes
Mississauga
shniper9 wrote: Got the wife to pick it up, as I'm laid up with Covid. they used a forklift to load it into the box of my pickup. It's pretty large.
So it's on wood crate?
Can somebody take a photo of how large it is?

We have an old SUV with around 40 cu.ft space, not sure if it'll fit.
Also how I'm going to take it out Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1425 posts
1295 upvotes
ON
It fit just fine in my wife's mid size SUV, or the minivan we had at that time, cannot recall. It is heavy as hell though. Big cardboard box, definitely not a full size wood skid.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4566 posts
1583 upvotes
Mississauga
RaidZero wrote: It fit just fine in my wife's mid size SUV, or the minivan we had at that time, cannot recall. It is heavy as hell though. Big cardboard box, definitely not a full size wood skid.
Ours an old Highlander/RX300. Not sure if it'll fit.
Also, is it possible for 2 x under 6ft 160lb guys to lift it out of the SUV?

If that's iffy, I'll just go with delivery.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1785 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
wing0 wrote: Ours an old Highlander/RX300. Not sure if it'll fit.
Also, is it possible for 2 x under 6ft 160lb guys to lift it out of the SUV?

If that's iffy, I'll just go with delivery.
Very curious if it'll fit too. Any pictures would be good?
MechanicalMan64

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)