Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Samsung 28.15 cubic ft Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator $1999 (40% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 5:02 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2014
21 posts
123 upvotes
Kapasiwin, AB

[Lowe's] Samsung 28.15 cubic ft Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator $1999 (40% off)

Found this great deal on what looks like a great fridge.
Very low stock in my region.

https://www.lowes.ca/refrigerators/sams ... 38083.html
Last edited by TomRFD on May 27th, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
74 replies
Apr 19, 2017
80 posts
190 upvotes
I own this fridge, it's junk.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8343 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
Byah84 wrote: I own this fridge, it's junk.
Well, that's the end of the thread I guess.
Sep 3, 2009
715 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
I am wondering how bad it can be, lol.
Nov 26, 2003
798 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
Byah84 wrote: I own this fridge, it's junk.
I say sometimes it's pretty cool.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1473 posts
5196 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Most Samsung fridges are garbage. The fans ice up and have to be manually cleaned and the ice machines do nothing but spit out snow like a Zamboni emptying it's load. Avoid samdung.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1887 posts
717 upvotes
Richmond, ON
Spawk1028 wrote: Most Samsung fridges are garbage. The fans ice up and have to be manually cleaned and the ice machines do nothing but spit out snow like a Zamboni emptying it's load. Avoid samdung.
I have read a lot about peeps dissing the Samsung's, but I have had one for 6 years, and no issues at all..and I mean NONE, along with my stove and washer and dryer. I AM NOT saying they are flawless, I guess, mine were built to work by accident, lol.

Thx OP, still a good find for peeps if they want to ignore the bashing of Samsung.

Update: just clicked on link to view fridge and its my exact model, l :rolleyes:

To each their own!
Apr 5, 2009
196 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
In market shopping for a fridge.lol
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
Spawk1028 wrote: Most Samsung fridges are garbage. The fans ice up and have to be manually cleaned and the ice machines do nothing but spit out snow like a Zamboni emptying it's load. Avoid samdung.
I have to agree. Not from a refrigerator perspective but from a dryer/washer perspective. We had a Samsung washer for 2 years and one day, it just stopped working. These things are suppose to last 8-12 years average. Total garbage. Unlike cars, go American for your washers/dryers.
My horn can pierce the sky
Jun 26, 2008
143 posts
101 upvotes
I'll buy a samsung fridge the same day I buy a whirlpool cell phone ;)
Nov 6, 2006
306 posts
222 upvotes
Coquitlam
Buddy had a $3000 Samsung fridge. Replaced it at 3 years old as it could not be fixed. He was so frustrated and upset at taking that huge loss that he smashed the fridge up with a bat when it was being taken away (and also so some other person didn't buy it 2nd hand).
Jun 24, 2009
127 posts
130 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I feel like Samsung can make appliances as long as they don't deal with water. I haven't had a fridge, but I'm very disappointed in my Samsung Dishwasher.

It's very poorly designed, soft plastic inside the all stainless steel tube has disintegrated, and need replacing. The plastic clips inside break off under normal load, should of been stronger. It was a $1000 dishwasher from Costco. And ended up lasting 1 year before the first leak happened. Needed to buy a $120 part and install it myself.
In contrast my old dishwasher was a Moffat (never heard of the brand), but was the original Dishwasher in my condo, and lasted almost 25 years! And it was still working when I replaced it with the most expensive dishwasher Costco offered. Which lasted 1 year before the first leak. And several problems (mainly design flaws). Although to give credit where due, it is a nice lookin dishwasher.

As I said, I would just avoid water related appliances from Samsung (dishwasher/washing machines/fridges). Stick with non water stuff (stove, hood, microwaves, dryers). Personally I'd buy Samsung still just cuz they look good, and to match my Samsung Dishwasher, but I'd prob complain about them 1 year after buying.
Mobile: [Koodo $43 (11GB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText,VVM,VoLTE)], [Fido+VoIP.ms $15+$0.85 (3GB,PPUCanCall,PPUCanText,VVM)], [Freedom $16.17 (12Month 5GB HOME-416MB,UnlCanCall,UnlIntText)]
Internet: [Telus $60 (75/20-UnlData)]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4864 posts
1572 upvotes
TestAcc wrote: I feel like Samsung can make appliances as long as they don't deal with water. I haven't had a fridge, but I'm very disappointed in my Samsung Dishwasher.

It's very poorly designed, soft plastic inside the all stainless steel tube has disintegrated, and need replacing. The plastic clips inside break off under normal load, should of been stronger. It was a $1000 dishwasher from Costco. And ended up lasting 1 year before the first leak happened. Needed to buy a $120 part and install it myself.
In contrast my old dishwasher was a Moffat (never heard of the brand), but was the original Dishwasher in my condo, and lasted almost 25 years! And it was still working when I replaced it with the most expensive dishwasher Costco offered. Which lasted 1 year before the first leak. And several problems (mainly design flaws). Although to give credit where due, it is a nice lookin dishwasher.

As I said, I would just avoid water related appliances from Samsung (dishwasher/washing machines/fridges). Stick with non water stuff (stove, hood, microwaves, dryers). Personally I'd buy Samsung still just cuz they look good, and to match my Samsung Dishwasher, but I'd prob complain about them 1 year after buying.
I thought everyone knows to go Bosch for dishwashers. They are pretty darn reliable.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11470 posts
3731 upvotes
Toronto
Samsung's Refridg and Washer are horrible.
I keep hearing that they broke down.

I bought a LG refridg in 2015 and it is still up and running with 0 issue.

The open thing is will buy from Samung is a cellphone....I used to have a Samsung LCD TV and it only last a few years before issue raised up.
Last edited by MP3_SKY on May 27th, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15705 posts
16864 upvotes
Oakville
cazzo1980 wrote: I have read a lot about peeps dissing the Samsung's, but I have had one for 6 years, and no issues at all..and I mean NONE, along with my stove and washer and dryer. I AM NOT saying they are flawless, I guess, mine were built to work by accident, lol.

Thx OP, still a good find for peeps if they want to ignore the bashing of Samsung.

Update: just clicked on link to view fridge and its my exact model, l :rolleyes:

To each their own!
I also have no problems with my Samsung fridge and stove (other than some lettering wearing off the stove). But I would never buy a Samsung appliance. Heard too many issues with Samsung appliances, plus they're more difficult to find parts than most others.
When I needed new laundry I bought LG and no issues.
Phones and TVs, yes, owned several for decades with no issues.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3858 posts
2403 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought a fridge, washer, and dryer from Futureshop (gives an idea how long ago it has being) and it’s still working fine so not all Samsung appliances have issues. Honestly it’s probably a small percentage but you only hear about the people who have issues and not from the ones that don’t have any issues.
Feb 27, 2009
138 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Yes but even small number of people shouldnt be having issues after a year of owing appliances
Which should at least last for 6+ years
I had samsung washer dryer fridge for 4 years
Fridge had a leak and so did washer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7434 posts
5457 upvotes
Kitchener
cazzo1980 wrote: I have read a lot about peeps dissing the Samsung's, but I have had one for 6 years, and no issues at all..and I mean NONE, along with my stove and washer and dryer. I AM NOT saying they are flawless, I guess, mine were built to work by accident, lol.

To each their own!
Never had issues with any of my Samsung products (I do stay far far away from the dishwashers). My parent's washer spider broke after about 7 years (pretty typical for cast aluminum)......so I fixed it myself with a new part and new gaskets.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1522 posts
371 upvotes
Ottawa
Ayan Usman wrote: Yes but even small number of people shouldnt be having issues after a year of owing appliances
Which should at least last for 6+ years
I had samsung washer dryer fridge for 4 years
Fridge had a leak and so did washer.
For their premium pricing, they should last 20 yrs not 5 or 6 yrs.

Samsung can give you free appliance. they make money from parts.