Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Schlage Deadbolt - Grade 1 at Lowes- can get Home Depot to Price Beat

[OP]
Newbie
Jul 28, 2014
36 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver

[Lowe's] Schlage Deadbolt - Grade 1 at Lowes- can get Home Depot to Price Beat

Schlage B60 series single cylinder (keyed outside, flip lever inside) in various finishes. This is the GRADE 1 - considered the "highest" security retail/consumer deadbolt compared to the usual Grade 2 and Grade 3 entry level products (e.g. Defiant). Albeit, you do have to have a strong wood/metal door, long strike plate, etc if you want to take full advantage of the extra security of the deadbolt. No sense in getting an upgraded deadbolt and having a door you could "bump open" with a shoulder.

Lowes has it on sale for $42.49, and the same product is currently at Home Depot for $57.92 - all before taxes. As with many of the products the descriptions don't match exactly between the two websites, but its the same product. Home Depot gave me a price match (via Online Chat) nearly immediately-their customer service is excellent.

Lowes:
https://www.lowes.ca/product/deadbolts/ ... ome-147767


Home Depot:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/schlag ... 1000116047

Home Depot Price before match+beat was $64.87 and afterwards was $42.84 all in! Lowes sale price is $42.49 before taxes.
Screenshot.PNG
Don't buy it if you don't need it.
18 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16224 posts
5505 upvotes
Very interesting, i'm hoping this is improved over the smart key/flawed design locks
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Sr. Member
Feb 22, 2013
692 posts
535 upvotes
You may wish to purchase two or more locks in-store. This is allow you to purchase the locks that are keyed the same.
Member
Jun 4, 2006
271 posts
50 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: You may wish to purchase two or more locks in-store. This is allow you to purchase the locks that are keyed the same.
Maybe it's hit and miss, I ordered a bunch of these locks online in December and they were all pulled with the same code for me.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
2923 posts
983 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP.

Side question since we're talking security. If I have (laminated) side windows, it leaves me little room to lengthen the screws on the strike plate. How would I reinforce the door, install a vertical bolt on the top of the door?
Newbie
Jan 27, 2016
65 posts
45 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bishop8 wrote: Thanks OP.

Side question since we're talking security. If I have (laminated) side windows, it leaves me little room to lengthen the screws on the strike plate. How would I reinforce the door, install a vertical bolt on the top of the door?
If you have glass, there is no point of doing anything. Also these aren't actually grade 1 deadbolts. They have just been marketed as such but are really grade 2. The real grade 1 deadbolt by schlage is a B660. It has a more robust bolt and the outside collar is one giant piece of milled brass. These B60's have a cheap adjustable bolt and are made out of pot metal and tin.

They are far superior than the weiser smart locks, but they shouldn't be labeled as grade 1.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16224 posts
5505 upvotes
Joshthelocksmith wrote: If you have glass, there is no point of doing anything. Also these aren't actually grade 1 deadbolts. They have just been marketed as such but are really grade 2. The real grade 1 deadbolt by schlage is a B660. It has a more robust bolt and the outside collar is one giant piece of milled brass. These B60's have a cheap adjustable bolt and are made out of pot metal and tin.

They are far superior than the weiser smart locks, but they shouldn't be labeled as grade 1.
Which locks do you recommend that are easier to find or cost a bit less then the B660?
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Newbie
Jan 27, 2016
65 posts
45 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Quentin5 wrote: Which locks do you recommend that are easier to find or cost a bit less then the B660?
If you can find a locksmith, look for the B560. It's the little brother to the B660 and the same grade as the B60(also has the same adjustable bolt) . The main difference between the B560 and B60 is that the B560 comes with a solid brass plug and pins. If lubricated and the bolt lines up with the hole in the frame, they will last forever.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16224 posts
5505 upvotes
Joshthelocksmith wrote: If you can find a locksmith, look for the B560. It's the little brother to the B660 and the same grade as the B60(also has the same adjustable bolt) . The main difference between the B560 and B60 is that the B560 comes with a solid brass plug and pins. If lubricated and the bolt lines up with the hole in the frame, they will last forever.
Very interesting. In my case i don't know any locksmiths, are there mainstream options worth considering?
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
1476 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
I own a few of these and these deadbolts are pretty sturdy as expected. Definitely recommend, and you might as well upgrade your strike plates if you are going to redo your locks.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16224 posts
5505 upvotes
Joshthelocksmith wrote: Schlage B560P 626 C Keyway Series B500 Grade 2 Deadbolt Lock, Single Cylinder Function, C Keyway, Satin Chrome Finish https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002QN65MQ/ref ... uEbGPTQS51
Thats a decent price and amazon delivers. Thanks.
I'm guessing Weiser and other brands don't have comparable offerings?
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Newbie
Jan 27, 2016
65 posts
45 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Quentin5 wrote: Thats a decent price and amazon delivers. Thanks.
I'm guessing Weiser and other brands don't have comparable offerings?
Stay away from weiser. They were bought out years ago by Kwikset who made the cheap stuff. We stopped selling it after that.

I've brought in others that are comparable, but I always go back to the B560
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16224 posts
5505 upvotes
Joshthelocksmith wrote: Stay away from weiser. They were bought out years ago by Kwikset who made the cheap stuff. We stopped selling it after that.

I've brought in others that are comparable, but I always go back to the B560
Good to know.
I had bought this a while back which claims Grade 2 with Grade 1 features, though i never did get around to installing it
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Jr. Member
Jan 31, 2003
118 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Joshthelocksmith wrote: If you can find a locksmith, look for the B560. It's the little brother to the B660 and the same grade as the B60(also has the same adjustable bolt) . The main difference between the B560 and B60 is that the B560 comes with a solid brass plug and pins. If lubricated and the bolt lines up with the hole in the frame, they will last forever.

Can you recommend a Entrance and Deadbolt set
:D :twisted: :razz: :lol:

Top