[Lowe's] Scratch and save 15-100% July 18-22

Starting tomorrow

Link to Flyer

lowes2.jpg
14 replies
Mar 14, 2006
292 posts
95 upvotes
Was composite always excluded from their sales?
Nov 26, 2015
129 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So, I used to work at Lowes in Calgary, the scratch and save cards would come in to customer service in a box, and every winner was separated into groups based on how much discount there was. Employees and managers would all steal the top prize cards and keep them for themselves or family. I watched this happen three times.

Suffice to say, your odds of actually winning big suck, and are technically impossible.
Dec 23, 2011
227 posts
151 upvotes
toronto
makes sense, as I have never seen anything above the minimum.
Nov 26, 2015
129 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
fishhunting wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 2:54 pm
makes sense, as I have never seen anything above the minimum.
well, dont get me wrong, even if they weren't taken out of the pool the odds were terrible. There would be maybe 5 top prizes ($100 off) and about 2000 other cards of various prizes, 1750 of which were minimum. your odds of winning anything other than the base prize is extremely low.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15725 posts
4965 upvotes
Dakralai wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 2:52 pm
So, I used to work at Lowes in Calgary, the scratch and save cards would come in to customer service in a box, and every winner was separated into groups based on how much discount there was. Employees and managers would all steal the top prize cards and keep them for themselves or family. I watched this happen three times.

Suffice to say, your odds of actually winning big suck, and are technically impossible.
Did you put in an anonymous complaint to head office. Since you no longer work there they can't fire you.
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Nov 26, 2015
129 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Quentin5 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 11:20 pm
Did you put in an anonymous complaint to head office. Since you no longer work there they can't fire you.
Nope, Its really clear Lowes doesnt care.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15725 posts
4965 upvotes
Dakralai wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 11:24 pm
If you don't try then they can't care
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Apr 8, 2010
663 posts
307 upvotes
toronto
wonder if anyone has tried.. or maybe i will.. go buy something and if the scratch wasn't good enough, turn around, return.. go buy another and keep doing until the discount was worth while
Nov 26, 2015
129 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary, AB
denti72 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 1:32 pm
wonder if anyone has tried.. or maybe i will.. go buy something and if the scratch wasn't good enough, turn around, return.. go buy another and keep doing until the discount was worth while
Managers warned employees about people doing that, it wont work for long if at all, and as I said before your odds of getting anything but the lowest prize are extremely low.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1648 upvotes
Dakralai wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 2:52 pm

Doesn't matter anyways, because whenever I order stuff at Lowes for pick up, it's cancelled. FFFFFFFF

Or do what I do. Shop at Home Depot where its cheaper, and save money anyways lol. They also sometimes pricematch 10% off sales that Lowes/Rona has.
Last edited by aquariaguy on Jul 19th, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4099 posts
360 upvotes
Markham, ON
denti72 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2019 1:32 pm
I'm here thinking it's always the lowest % discount. No one ever gets 100% or maybe 1 in 1000000 scratch card
Apr 24, 2019
15 posts
17 upvotes
Dakralai wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 11:24 pm
They clearly don't care if they send the cards marked for the store employees to sort themselves. I can't think of a dumber way of doing it. Why don't they just give them a stack of unmarked scratchers where the discount is unknown?
Jan 13, 2004
734 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
Keepjov wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 12:09 am
Too bad Weber is never included
Weber makes dealers sign agreements to not sell for less than their designated lowest price.

In the past it used to work but Weber apparently hires a 3rd party to scour around looking for companies not complying with their rules. Now it's harder to get a discount on non-clearance Weber BBQs.

Anyway you can still try. It occasionally works if staff programs the exclusions incorrectly. I recently grabbed a Q1200.