Shop Vac 10-gal 4-Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum $59

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 2:06 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2018
155 posts
368 upvotes

[Lowe's] Shop Vac 10-gal 4-Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum $59

Lowe's has this shop vac on sale this week from $119 to $69, plus you can use the $10 welcome promo code to bring it down to $59

https://www.lowes.ca/product/shop-vacuu ... uum-549706

10-gal 4-Peak HP Wet/Dry Vacuum
10-gal, 4-peak horsepower shop vacuum ideal for heavy-duty applications
Uses 10-14-gal collection bags, large cartridge filter and large foam sleeve
6-ft power cord and 7-ft hose allow for extended reach
1-1/4-in diameter hose is great for collecting dust and cleaning wet messes
Includes three 1-1/4-in extension wands for extra reach and 10-in wet/dry nozzle for a versatile clean
Built-in drain for easy emptying of liquids
3-year limited warranty
Lightweight design, top carry handle and casters for easy portability
On-board cord and tool storage reduces clutter
5 replies
Jul 11, 2020
9 posts
3 upvotes
I have a similar shop vac and was always wondering if there is a cheap way to swedge up the 1 1/4” hose to a standard 2 1/4” connection to plug into my table saw? I’ve seen the adapter pieces for $16, but that’s pretty expensive when my shop vac was only $40...
May 24, 2007
686 posts
843 upvotes
Kelowna
XinZ56007 wrote: I have a similar shop vac and was always wondering if there is a cheap way to swedge up the 1 1/4” hose to a standard 2 1/4” connection to plug into my table saw? I’ve seen the adapter pieces for $16, but that’s pretty expensive when my shop vac was only $40...
I've seen people use pvc or abs connectors and duct tape to ramp up to 2 ¼" for cheap. Lots of Youtube vids out there. For example:

I hope to create a multiport system at some point in my shop using some YouTube ideas. You can also pick up 1 ¼" and 1 ½" sump pump drain hoses for super cheap ($6) to extend your length or even pool vacuum hoses so you aren't wheeling your shopvac all the time.

I also plan to build a cyclone with a garbage can and a vacuum so I'm not emptying that cannister every day. There's so many YouTube videos that have inspired me to make my shop better. Need to stop watching those and actually build a few. Here's a couple of the diy cyclones I enjoyed.

Apr 27, 2012
40 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Is anyone able to share if these Shop Vac's can also blow air? Thanks!!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15178 posts
6241 upvotes
RFD
slick83 wrote: Is anyone able to share if these Shop Vac's can also blow air? Thanks!!
This particular model can blow and suck.