• May 10th, 2019 10:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Lowe's] Sico Evolution Paint • 3.78L • $25.50 - $27.00

**** Even though it's under the "BOGO" offer it looks like you can actually purchase individual cans for $25.50-27.00, maybe in-store they might force BOGO on you but you could always purchase online and do in-store pickup for an odd number of cans****

https://www.lowes.ca/promo/promo-sico-e ... paint-_-hp

Looking to finally paint my first floor after putting it off for a few years 'til the kids stopped mucking it up with their dirty fingers.

I'm torn between the current Dulux offer (until May 13th)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dulux-bu ... d-2278034/

and what appears to be a direct response from Sico Paints (May 9th - 12th)

https://www.lowes.ca/products/default.a ... $50-to-$75

"Ultra Scrubbable"

"High Hiding"

"2-in-1 paint and primer"

Anyone have experience/opinion with this "line" of Sico ($51.99-53.99 a gallon)??

I'm looking to buy 4 gallons so the savings between the "top of the line" of Sico and the high end Dulux may be worth it to go with the Sico!I

Note: also sold at Rona, Reno Depot, and many "mom and pop" paint stores.
Last edited by remik on May 10th, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Feb 7, 2007
223 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
So far I haven't seen anything better than BMs scuff-x for durability and cleanability.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7509 posts
812 upvotes
Waterloo
Does anyone know this also includes exterior as well?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2537 posts
2085 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This is not just limited to lowes. It is also in next week's Reno Depot flyer, for those in QC where lowes is not preset (MAY 9 -12 also).
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1519 posts
368 upvotes
Ottawa
I used one gallen Sico on 64 sqft. yes 64 sq ft. It was the worst paint I hadever used.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3361 posts
3544 upvotes
Will the BOGO work if I am using the voucher ?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
cf7777 wrote: I used one gallen Sico on 64 sqft. yes 64 sq ft. It was the worst paint I had ever used.
Was it the sico evolution line?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1097 posts
745 upvotes
I used this paint in my kitchen. I found that the paint never really hardened, it stayed kinda rubbery if that makes sense. It looks nice and is easy to clean. However, I damaged a few spots and they'll be interesting to touch up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
paintballdude05 wrote: I used this paint in my kitchen. I found that the paint never really hardened, it stayed kinda rubbery if that makes sense. It looks nice and is easy to clean. However, I damaged a few spots and they'll be interesting to touch up.
Thanks, maybe the rubbery feeling is what makes it more easy to clean? Other than that, how is it for coverage, multiple coats required with it being a 2-in-1?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1097 posts
745 upvotes
It's been a bit, but from what I remember I put two coats on top of primer and new drywall. I'm now looking at putting a 3rd on since some of the tape lines seem to pop out a bit. I'll likely try different paints for other parts on the house
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2535 posts
401 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I've used the Sico Evolution in almost all rooms in our house, and it's worked wonders. It's definitely not the best out there, but it's far from the worst. It all depends on the preparation work. We had builders primer already done to all walls, and I lightly sanded imperfections and touched up areas etc needed before. For most rooms, we did 2 coats, and some heavier traffic rooms like the kitchen we did 3. Stuff has been pretty durable as well. Kids also leave fingerprints and marks etc, but they are easily washed off as this paint is great for that.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4189 posts
4878 upvotes
GTA
Emporium wrote: This is not just limited to lowes. It is also in next week's Reno Depot flyer, for those in QC where lowes is not preset (MAY 9 -12 also).
I think promo pricing is in effect at all Sico dealers-- my local independent shop has a big banner hanging in the window
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Kfox wrote: I think promo pricing is in effect at all Sico dealers-- my local independent shop has a big banner hanging in the window
Yes, this is at all Sico dealers (Rona, Lowe's, Reno Depot, etc.) but it looks like Lowes.ca is letting you buy at the individual price (gallon) instead of having to buy by 2s, good if you have a small project.

Also, the BOGO promo runs until the 12th, while this Lowe's 50% off deal runs til the 15th.