• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 12:51 am
[OP]
Apr 22, 2020
115 posts
147 upvotes
Alberta

[Lowe's] SMEG Toaster,Kettle,Mixer up to 60% Clearance [YMMV]

Not all locations may have stock so YMMV!

SMEG 2-Slice Chrome Toaster -> $99 [Original $249.99]:
LONDON - SOUTH WEST - 5
CALGARY - SIGNAL HILL - 3
NANAIMO, BC - 2

SMEG Chrome 7-Cup Electric tea kettle -> 79.99 [Original 199.99]:
SUDBURY - 4
LONDON - SOUTH WEST - 2
EDMONTON - GATEWAY - 2
KINGSTON - 1
OTTAWA - ORLEANS - 1
RED DEER - 1
ABBOTSFORD - 1

SMEG Black Countertop Stand Mixer -> $309.50 [Original $619]:
BELLEVILLE - 3

SMEG 2-Slice Black Toaster -> $124 [Original $249.99]:
OTTAWA - GLOUCESTER - 6
LETHBRIDGE - 6
SHERWOOD PARK - 6
RED DEER - 6
WINNIPEG - SOUTH - 5
SASKATOON - WEST - 5
CALGARY - MACLEOD - 5
LONDON - SOUTH WEST - 3
WINNIPEG - EAST - 2
CALGARY - SUNRIDGE - 2
LANGFORD - 2
SCARBOROUGH - WEST - 1
WHITBY - 1
KITCHENER - 1
EDMONTON - GATEWAY - 1
CALGARY - SIGNAL HILL - 1
ABBOTSFORD - 1

Happy Hunting!
Images
  • 20200601_164952.jpg
Last edited by Lemonsquash on Jun 3rd, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4265 posts
862 upvotes
This has to be the most ill-conceived brand name (particularly for food preparation products) I have ever seen.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Nov 6, 2003
921 posts
39 upvotes
Edmonton
Toukolou wrote: This has to be the most ill-conceived brand name (particularly for food preparation products) I have ever seen.
It is a missed opportunity that they didn't colour it red.
Click on these links to see my Heatware evals and my eBay.ca feedback summary.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2298 posts
1432 upvotes
So tacky. Looks like something you'd find at walmart for $10
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2992 posts
339 upvotes
Don't be nosey
I have the Breville Die Cast 4 piece toaster. Similar price but more functional and practical.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26633 posts
6915 upvotes
For the reg. prices these things have, please tell me these are not made in China, etc. and are made in US/Can, Germany, Italy, or somewhere similar?
Nov 20, 2017
354 posts
272 upvotes
Lowe’s cleared these out as part of the chain wide Rona/Lowe’s clearance sale last year. Some were upwards of 80% off for stuff that didn’t sell. Price tends to vary by colour for the Smeg product line. Could possibly be only the silver on clearance right now ?
Don't go broke saving
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2992 posts
339 upvotes
Don't be nosey
ES_Revenge wrote: For the reg. prices these things have, please tell me these are not made in China, etc. and are made in US/Can, Germany, Italy, or somewhere similar?
What’s wrong with made in China? That’s how companies make profit.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26633 posts
6915 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote: What’s wrong with made in China? That’s how companies make profit.
You want to pay $250 for a toaster made in China for like $15, you be my guest.
Jan 19, 2008
457 posts
267 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: You want to pay $250 for a toaster made in China for like $15, you be my guest.
Just because it's made in China does not mean it is cheap.
Jul 27, 2010
979 posts
698 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Decius wrote: It is a missed opportunity that they didn't colour it red.
I came in here looking for a Red Dwarf reference. Not bad.
sony17 wrote: Smegma
This one I can't quite tell.
Aug 2, 2008
85 posts
83 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: You want to pay $250 for a toaster made in China for like $15, you be my guest.
Good luck finding something that is not Made in China.
Let me guess, you are like other people who are willing to pay upwards of $1,500 for an iPhone which cost Apple a couple hundred to make just because it says it is Designed in California but ignore the Made in China part.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26633 posts
6915 upvotes
RaffN wrote: Good luck finding something that is not Made in China.
Let me guess, you are like other people who are willing to pay upwards of $1,500 for an iPhone which cost Apple a couple hundred to make just because it says it is Designed in California but ignore the Made in China part.
Lemme guess, you have no idea what you're talking about? I would never, have never, and will never buy anything from a company so garbagy trashy and shitty as Crapple as long as I live. I will tell you that much. That would be one of the worst companies to ever exist and place its trashy garbagy nonsense on society/mankind. Yeah right, I'm lining up for that :rolleyes: Crapple is actually a great example of terrible trash that should never be bought and the fact that its made in China for cheap only reinforces that.

Listen like I said you guys do what you want, pay $250 for a China-made toaster and pretend it's bestest evar, like I said be, My, Guest. Now obviously this is on clearance at much lower prices but what I'm saying is if someone wants to charge $250 for a toaster it better damn well not be made in China for me to think it would be worth it. Or it better be doing something special that most other appliances don't do/have. Maybe still made in China but have like wifi/IOT on it, that would be something.

No not everything made in China is poor quality, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if you're going to charge far more than the typical price of a regular toaster, kettle, etc. with no other functionality, then there should be a reason for it to be that much more expensive. Not being made in China or another similar place, would be a good start. Similarly there are tons of great electronics devices made in China that are available at reasonable prices, not the insane dollars for absolute shite products of the likes of Crapple. Even other $1000 phones might be worth it but Crapple isn't worth me wiping my behind with, the utter garbage (much like nonsense presumptuous posts).

In any event after some research it seems these products are supposed to be made in Italy, so unless they've changed that or it doesn't apply to all models, at least there is some justification for a $250 reg. price other than just a brand.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)