Expired Hot Deals

Lowe's

Snow Joe 21-in 100-Volt Cordless Snow Blower - $639

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 9:59 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 15, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
East Kootenay

[Lowe's] Snow Joe 21-in 100-Volt Cordless Snow Blower - $639

Lowes has the Snow Joe ION100V-21SB, 21-in 100-Volt Max Lithium-ION Cordless Electric Single Stage Snow Blower $300 off right now.

If you can get the $60 off $675 Spend/Get coupon from Lowes.ca, price comes down to $639.

Seems like a good early season price for a blower that is comparable to the Toro e21 going for $899 at Home Depot.

First post, be gentle and hopefully someone finds the deal useful.

Here's a video review comparing it to a Toro e21 in wet heavy snow.
39 replies
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 15, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
East Kootenay
Good point, also works out well if you can get them to ship it for free. Lowe's will only allow me store pickup at stores with stock.

Side note I didn't mention in original post. A nice feature of these snow joe 100v batteries is the 2x built in USB ports. Makes them nice large capacity batteries for camping.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2007
1703 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Looking for one, is this one considered a good deal? Or better to wait? What are other models never looked into snow blowers
Jr. Member
Apr 21, 2020
151 posts
144 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
looking to replace a corded snowblower for my 60+ year old dad with a huge 8 car driveway and long ass sidewalk. wondering if this 30min run time on a single battery is sufficient or should I just look at gas powered options? The additional battery is something like $300usd (only if we can go down to the states) or $600cdn from home depot.
Jr. Member
Mar 19, 2019
152 posts
98 upvotes
Quebec
Any way to get it if you are in Quebec? Look like you cannot order it online and I doubt Home Depot would Price match it.
Fido 30$ 15GB Unlimited / FIdo 35$ 9GB Unlimited
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 15, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
East Kootenay
Superman_2099 wrote: debating this vs the ego SNT2102
I think the Snow Joe is probably a better snow blower than the SNT2102 with more power, Auger assist, remote chute control and what looks like a sturdier auger. Ego might be better if you are investing in the Ego system. That said, Rona is giving a free leaf blower away with Ego if you are leaning that way already.

https://www.rona.ca/en/ego-power-peak-p ... 2-45595001
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 15, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
East Kootenay
hokingchan wrote: looking to replace a corded snowblower for my 60+ year old dad with a huge 8 car driveway and long ass sidewalk. wondering if this 30min run time on a single battery is sufficient or should I just look at gas powered options? The additional battery is something like $300usd (only if we can go down to the states) or $600cdn from home depot.
I'm guessing that would be around the limit for a single run with this. The toro is rated for 12 car driveway and the snowjoe has similar battery life in reviews. Also depends on the weight and depth of the snow since it has adjustable speed, might be able to get more battery life on low power. Would like to hear from someone who has been through a season with one.

That being said, with my parents getting older if they are out long enough to run the battery down on one of these, I would want them to come in and take a break anyway. The added benefit of lightweight and very easy start would make me go battery.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 15, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
East Kootenay
YannF39839 wrote: Any way to get it if you are in Quebec? Look like you cannot order it online and I doubt Home Depot would Price match it.
Wonder where the phone/chat customer support is based, would they know Lowes wasn't in Quebec to think to deny the price match?
Newbie
Aug 8, 2018
15 posts
19 upvotes
Thinking of getting this but my driveway is paving stones and not concrete and there are some parts which are sunken and uneven. Does anyone have any input if a snow blower will keep catching on these parts and end up being a bigger hassle then it's worth?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 17, 2006
6877 posts
2631 upvotes
GTA
Superman_2099 wrote: debating this vs the ego SNT2102
Been reading a lot about e-snow_blowers lately. Few times i have read that the EGO seems to perform better than the snow joe 100v series, toro e21 joined in and seems to have had good positive feedback.

For me i am overlooking the snow joe and more than likely hunting for the e21.

Look up the snow blower thread for more info.
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
74 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought one thanks OP.

Was about to buy the Greenworks Pro 80V Snowblower on sale at Rona for $599 then I saw this for only $40 more. This was a much better choice.
Newbie
Mar 2, 2005
89 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
n1asian wrote: Bought one thanks OP.

Was about to buy the Greenworks Pro 80V Snowblower on sale at Rona for $599 then I saw this for only $40 more. This was a much better choice.
Do you mind to share any discount code please? Too old to do shovel and am looking for one to help. The discount code E0J-9DAM-G6D is not acceptable. Thanks.
Newbie
Oct 8, 2019
51 posts
30 upvotes
how do you get the $60 off $675 Spend/Get coupon from Lowes.ca? I don't see it on the site. And is this a good deal for what it is? I've been looking for a battery powered snowblower that can handle wet snow and lasts, but don't know too much about it since it seems the price ranges look really big for snowblowers from $150 to like over $1000+. If any experts who owns similar snowblowers can provide some input that would be great. Thanks.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2009
926 posts
578 upvotes
hokingchan wrote: looking to replace a corded snowblower for my 60+ year old dad with a huge 8 car driveway and long ass sidewalk. wondering if this 30min run time on a single battery is sufficient or should I just look at gas powered options? The additional battery is something like $300usd (only if we can go down to the states) or $600cdn from home depot.
This is the reason I won't go with cordless electric. I imagine this is the printer and ink cartridge situation all over again. Cheaper to buy a new one after you run out ☺️
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 15, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
East Kootenay
DealHunter18 wrote: how do you get the $60 off $675 Spend/Get coupon from Lowes.ca? I don't see it on the site. And is this a good deal for what it is? I've been looking for a battery powered snowblower that can handle wet snow and lasts, but don't know too much about it since it seems the price ranges look really big for snowblowers from $150 to like over $1000+. If any experts who owns similar snowblowers can provide some input that would be great. Thanks.
For the spend/get coupons, I get them routinely using Chrome mobile app on an android phone, I don't usually get them in other browsers. Other people have posted that you can use incognito mode to get them.

Add the snowblower to your cart and go back to the lowes.ca homepage or spend a little time browsing the site, it pops up as a banner across the top of the page with the coupon code.

Hopefully that works for you or if someone else has a reliable system for getting the coupons to pop up they can post.
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2009
752 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, ordered one. Coupon popped up at the right time lol. Was on hold at Home Depot for PM, taking too long because they needed supervisor approval. Figured not worth it for saving $10 extra.
no external links allowed
Jr. Member
Apr 21, 2020
151 posts
144 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Ken_vs_Ryu wrote: This is the reason I won't go with cordless electric. I imagine this is the printer and ink cartridge situation all over again. Cheaper to buy a new one after you run out ☺️
ya true, there's always pro's and con's to everything. just the maintenance of a gas powered one puts me off as my dad will must likely run it till it dies without care.

Top