Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Snow Joe 21-in 100-Volt Cordless Snow Blower - $639

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 9:59 pm
Mar 15, 2019
8 posts
15 upvotes
Tried to PM with home depot, was told by a supervisor that they have to reach out to the head office to check if it is eligible. Pure BS.
End up placing an order with $60 off on lowes.ca and picked up in store. One left in Etobicoke South Lowe's.
Don't wait for the ready-to-pick-up-email from lowes, by then the item would be sold out and order will be cancelled. Just go to the store and they will cancel the online order and honor price after coupon.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6500 posts
2402 upvotes
GTA
Ken_vs_Ryu wrote: This is the reason I won't go with cordless electric. I imagine this is the printer and ink cartridge situation all over again. Cheaper to buy a new one after you run out ☺️
I agree with you somewhat, but times have changed. Electric is a very STRONG contender now, batteries are expensive now but they will come down in pricing and the maintenance required on a gas blower will even out cost of the battery after 4-6 years down the road. Not to mention there are battery reconditioning services popping up and it would cost you 1/4-1/2 the cost of battery to get the cells refreshed.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1677 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
I know this is apples to oranges but how would this compare to the Toro 721 gas model?
I've had a corded snow joe before and the motor died after 2 winters so I'm skeptical about another electric one since we can get a lot of snow here.
[OP]
Jul 15, 2019
11 posts
15 upvotes
East Kootenay
reyoasian wrote: I know this is apples to oranges but how would this compare to the Toro 721 gas model?
I've had a corded snow joe before and the motor died after 2 winters so I'm skeptical about another electric one since we can get a lot of snow here.
This video compares the Toro e21 (which is compared to the Snow Joe in the OP) to the Ariens Pro single stage. Besides some more power on the gas model, the big difference is the scraper bar on the battery models tend to hang up edges, so they can't be used on pavers while gas models tend to float over small bumps.

Mar 18, 2008
533 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
reyoasian wrote: I know this is apples to oranges but how would this compare to the Toro 721 gas model?

We have had both. The quality and build of the snow joe is definitely inferior as it broke after 2 years. I have other sun joe products as well, but they also fall into the category of fragile and poor quality. It will get the job done, but it’s not something that will last you 10 years. In fact, i would be surprised if anyone here could share a snow or sun joe producy that has lasted over 5, yet yields the same performance as the first year!

We have the had the 21inch 100v model:

- will do the job
- don’t have to get gas which is great
- lacking throwing power for wet snow or end of driveway snow
- still requires maintenance. All machines do. Gas or electric, not sure why someone above thinks you don’t need to maintain the electric ones.
- has for 2 years and while I tried to manage the battery well, i saw significant decrease in performance the second year. Going from 45 minute run time to almost half.

I have some bought 3 toro snow blowers, one for myself and two for the parents and in-laws.

We have the toro 721R and the 721E, priced matched kooy brothers at Home Depot. Got them between $600-700 each about two years ago. I like these because they are very light, very easy to maneuver while still packing a punch.

- 721R is the recoil model, sometimes it’s a workout to start
- 721E is the electric start model, push to start.
- power propel technology, innovative pivoting scraper keeps the rotor in constant contact with pavement, helping the machine forward without much pushing.
- best practice to empty all gas(run the machine)and use winterize fluid before storing in the summer
- very powerful and has no issues throwing wet or heavy snow.
- it’s a toro
- they have since raised the price on these, $749 at kooy brothers

If you can price match at HD at 749 less 10%, thats $674 before taxes. Not a huge difference!

In summary, if you want something that will last, I suggest getting a quality brand. Most of the money with the snow joe is going to the battery cause the cost savings have no trickled down to these types of manufacturers. However, I also support electric because it’s environmental and not loud, so to each their own
Last edited by typhooney on Oct 1st, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6500 posts
2402 upvotes
GTA
typhooney wrote: ... We have the toro 721R and the 721E, priced matched kooy brothers at Home Depot. Got them between $600-700 each about two years ago. I like these because they are very light, very easy to maneuver while still packing a punch. ...
Would be interesting to see your view on the e21, if/when you throw it in the mix.
Mar 18, 2008
533 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
porksoda wrote: Would be interesting to see your view on the e21, if/when you throw it in the mix.
If any of these break down, that’s the one I would consider. But i expect these to last until my boys could take over the task, otherwise I would lose trust in the brand.
Jan 13, 2009
793 posts
339 upvotes
Can't seem to be able to get $60 off :(
[OP]
Jul 15, 2019
11 posts
15 upvotes
East Kootenay
LWNTHK wrote: It seems OOS in Ontario
Stock seems to be low across Canada, but it seems like stores are receiving small shipments. Seen a few stores get more in the last 24 hours.
Mar 7, 2011
72 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
ktyt wrote: Do you mind to share any discount code please? Too old to do shovel and am looking for one to help. The discount code E0J-9DAM-G6D is not acceptable. Thanks.
I tried going back onto lowes.ca for you to get another code but I think the discount is no longer there, it was on the main page yesterday
May 1, 2011
647 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
save your money and get a gas snowblower.

I regret buying mine and they don't offer returns on this type of equipment. It leaves 1cm underneath of snow and doesn't give it a good scrape on your driveway. It doesn't blow the snow far enough either for bigger driveways.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19487 posts
6650 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Slickfish wrote: I think the Snow Joe is probably a better snow blower than the SNT2102 with more power, Auger assist, remote chute control and what looks like a sturdier auger. Ego might be better if you are investing in the Ego system. That said, Rona is giving a free leaf blower away with Ego if you are leaning that way already.

https://www.rona.ca/en/ego-power-peak-p ... 2-45595001
I've been waiting for years for a good deal on an EGO blower but mostly because I already have the huge 7.5A battery that came with my mower. Getting yet another charging system and proprietary battery, yuck. Also I don't trust Snow Joe's battery tech nearly as much.
Mar 11, 2009
156 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Slickfish wrote: Stock seems to be low across Canada, but it seems like stores are receiving small shipments. Seen a few stores get more in the last 24 hours.
Thanks. You are right. I have managed to get the order at TORONTO - DANFORTH store.
let's see.
Aug 12, 2012
30 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
PM’d Home Depot via chat. They approved it.

You place the order at regular price. Give them the order number and they revise the price.

Revised price was $629.10 + tax.

Free shipping as well to my house.

Use Rakuten for an additional 1% cash back.
Mar 11, 2009
156 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Looking4Bargains wrote: PM’d Home Depot via chat. They approved it.

You place the order at regular price. Give them the order number and they revise the price.

Revised price was $629.10 + tax.

Free shipping as well to my house.

Use Rakuten for an additional 1% cash back.
Home Depot sale for $1,218.

I managed to have Home Depot to price match but not the 10% less because no stock at Lowe's in Ontario.
So it is $ 699 + taxes. I am still happy as the battery alone is sold for $600+