Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jan 31, 2019
61 posts
210 upvotes

[Lowe's] Snowblowers on sale at Lowe's

Looking for a snowblower the snowstorm we got last week and found these on the app, not sure if they are good deals, but 599 2 stage one.

https://www.lowes.ca/snow-blowers/front ... 03088.html

https://www.lowes.ca/snow-blowers/remin ... 64378.html
Last edited by KenL24653 on Feb 3rd, 2019 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
Daily Deal notifications for Walmart | Forever 21 | ToysRus | H&M | Aritzia | Best Buy | Sephora | Lululemon | Bed Bath & Beyond | Lowes | Hudson's Bay | Costco | The Shoe Company | Gap | Old Navy | Banana Republic | Indigo | Sporting Life
39 replies
Apr 3, 2018
207 posts
151 upvotes
Ya... Those are the regular price for over a year now.
Apr 30, 2013
810 posts
484 upvotes
King City
Poor reviews for Frontier - would not purchase.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2614 posts
1900 upvotes
Scarborough
Need a snowblower, but I don’t know which brands to trust Confused Face
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24089 posts
9565 upvotes
Socially Distanced
skinnydoggy wrote: Need a snowblower, but I don’t know which brands to trust Confused Face
From my research last year the Toro 518 and 721 are the good single stage units in gas and the Ego 56V is the upper echelon of electric.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6061 posts
7280 upvotes
The NORTH
And I thought the polar vortex was cold.
Apr 3, 2018
207 posts
151 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: Need a snowblower, but I don’t know which brands to trust Confused Face
If a Toro is too expansive, get one from MTD brands. Parts are cheap and easy to get.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1112 posts
773 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Hard to go wrong with Honda, if you don't mind spending a fortune, it should last darn near forever. I regret not having bought a Honda right out of the gates.
Feb 25, 2007
302 posts
171 upvotes
I second the comment about a Honda. Bought a Honda HS720 this year. Honda manufacturers discount plus Ducks Unlimited discount. That thing is a little beast. Pricey, yes, but worth every penny. Easy to use recoil started. Electric start not needed. Ate up all the snow from the recent snow storm in toronto.
Jan 21, 2016
327 posts
180 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
hoody123 wrote: Hard to go wrong with Honda, if you don't mind spending a fortune, it should last darn near forever. I regret not having bought a Honda right out of the gates.
This. We bought a Craftsman about 5 years ago and the chute rusted and fell off about a week ago. The Briggs and Stratton motor is good though, it starts without a hitch, even after a year.

Our neighbour bought a small Honda and this thing runs like a dream. It’s way more refined.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4135 posts
1744 upvotes
What is the difference between a single and dual stage blower?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7532 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote: What is the difference between a single and dual stage blower?
Google
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1112 posts
773 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
The number of stages.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2236 posts
844 upvotes
Minden
With a single stage the paddles clear the snow out through the shoot. With a two stage the augers draw the snow in, and the impeller clears the snow through the shoot.
Jun 14, 2008
487 posts
456 upvotes
mac_ec wrote: I second the comment about a Honda. Bought a Honda HS720 this year. Honda manufacturers discount plus Ducks Unlimited discount. That thing is a little beast. Pricey, yes, but worth every penny. Easy to use recoil started. Electric start not needed. Ate up all the snow from the recent snow storm in toronto.
What is Honda manufacturers discount plus Ducks Unlimited discount?

Can you share a link of your purchase and price you paid. Looking to buy one this season. Thanks for your help
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3565 posts
1680 upvotes
Canada
I've got a Hasqvarna ST224 and I like it. Good value.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24089 posts
9565 upvotes
Socially Distanced
When i ask questions i also sometimes get the ask google answers :rolleyes:
A single stage often cleans closer to the pavement (especially those with rubber paddles) and in my experience handles a foot or less of snow
The dual or multi stage can handle well over 12 inches, often has metal augers that can cut through the end of the drive way snow plow deposits and often does not clean close to the pavement. These often seem to have self propelled options but are in general best for people who have the strength to handle a heavy large beast. They also usually have wider reaches and usually cost a lot more.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4135 posts
1744 upvotes
kryton619 wrote: With a single stage the paddles clear the snow out through the shoot. With a two stage the augers draw the snow in, and the impeller clears the snow through the shoot.
Quentin5 wrote: When i ask questions i also sometimes get the ask google answers :rolleyes:
A single stage often cleans closer to the pavement (especially those with rubber paddles) and in my experience handles a foot or less of snow
The dual or multi stage can handle well over 12 inches, often has metal augers that can cut through the end of the drive way snow plow deposits and often does not clean close to the pavement. These often seem to have self propelled options but are in general best for people who have the strength to handle a heavy large beast. They also usually have wider reaches and usually cost a lot more.
Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2866 posts
540 upvotes
Ontario
If your getting stage 1, make sure you got a paved driveway or concrete.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)