[Lowe's] Transform Laundry kit - $249

Decent buy for a tub
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4262 posts
3566 upvotes
Toronto
Been using this one for the last 10 years, except they have changed the faucet since then. Cabinet and sink are the same though, and I would highly recommend stainless steel for a laundry tub. If you're like most people, you'll pour the nastiest stuff down the laundry tub (umm... only the stuff you're legally allowed to pour down the drain, of course...) and plastic tubs will stain and can crack or have deep scratches and you'll need to replace it every few years. With stainless steel, elbow grease and a metal scour pad will usually take care of anything.
Jul 24, 2005
304 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
jm1 wrote: Been using this one for the last 10 years, except they have changed the faucet since then. Cabinet and sink are the same though, and I would highly recommend stainless steel for a laundry tub. If you're like most people, you'll pour the nastiest stuff down the laundry tub (umm... only the stuff you're legally allowed to pour down the drain, of course...) and plastic tubs will stain and can crack or have deep scratches and you'll need to replace it every few years. With stainless steel, elbow grease and a metal scour pad will usually take care of anything.
It's true, the name laundry tub does not really apply anymore. Who hand washes clothes in it anyway? The appropriate name is utility sink or utility tub.
Apr 15, 2006
998 posts
408 upvotes
I got one from Costco for $349. It's more stylish but the Lowes deal is better.
Images
  • 20200716_194752.jpg
Jul 15, 2008
707 posts
600 upvotes
Calgary
CDRoot wrote: I got one from Costco for $349. It's more stylish but the Lowes deal is better.
Costco's is also larger IIRC. I was comparing over the summer but ended up buying a plastic tub c/w faucet for ~$80 (on sale at the time).
Apr 15, 2006
998 posts
408 upvotes
ji_hyun_jun wrote: Costco's is also larger IIRC. I was comparing over the summer but ended up buying a plastic tub c/w faucet for ~$80 (on sale at the time).
Costco's dimensions and price.
Images
  • 20200716_194742.jpg
Sep 4, 2006
869 posts
524 upvotes
Ottawa
I, too, bought the Costco instead of this one. I think it's worth the extra.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6025 posts
5862 upvotes
Downtown Canada
jm1 wrote: Been using this one for the last 10 years, except they have changed the faucet since then. Cabinet and sink are the same though, and I would highly recommend stainless steel for a laundry tub. If you're like most people, you'll pour the nastiest stuff down the laundry tub (umm... only the stuff you're legally allowed to pour down the drain, of course...) and plastic tubs will stain and can crack or have deep scratches and you'll need to replace it every few years. With stainless steel, elbow grease and a metal scour pad will usually take care of anything.
Used car oil?
Mar 8, 2005
20 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
TransporterSD wrote: Used car oil?
Why would someone want to do that, when they can drop it off at a recycling depot at no charge?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1263 posts
1385 upvotes
ThaMan wrote: Why would someone want to do that, when they can drop it off at a recycling depot at no charge?
Same reason why people can't even wear a simple mask - they don't care about anything or anyone. FREEDOM FIRST! SAY NO TO MASK TYRANNY! <-------- selfish people
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6025 posts
5862 upvotes
Downtown Canada
ThaMan wrote: Why would someone want to do that, when they can drop it off at a recycling depot at no charge?
That was a happy joke bro. I leave them at crappy tire by the doors