Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Trenz Thin LED POT Light 4- Pack $48 - Ontario Only

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2019 11:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1192 posts
815 upvotes
Belleville

[Lowe's] Trenz Thin LED POT Light 4- Pack $48 - Ontario Only

Sale starts FRIDAY APRIL 6th. Normally $187 for the 4-pack. $48 with Save ON Energy Discount. Excellent pot light and I have installed more than 10+. Only half inch thick.

THINLED 3000K 4-in Recessed Light

Outdoor & Shower Application
3000K Warm White Light
Pack Qty: 4
Dimmable
9 Watts
600 Lumens
For direct contact with insulation
Quick connection
Trenz.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 4th, 2018 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed retailer
404 replies
Member
User avatar
Oct 6, 2006
354 posts
183 upvotes
When it says application for shower and outdoor, does it mean it is sealed? i have a dark area i wanted to install pot lights in, but theres water pipes running over it and the contractor said its not safe, unless the fixture was water tight/resistant.
:twisted: May your wallet R.I.P :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2781 upvotes
"Ontario Only" in title please.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1192 posts
815 upvotes
Belleville
Busta wrote: When it says application for shower and outdoor, does it mean it is sealed? i have a dark area i wanted to install pot lights in, but theres water pipes running over it and the contractor said its not safe, unless the fixture was water tight/resistant.
If you can install in a shower I would think they would be ok.
Newbie
Nov 17, 2009
83 posts
125 upvotes
Pardon my ignorance but are these any better than the 2 pack of low profile ones at Costco? I was there yesterday and was pretty sure they were $24 for the 2 pack regular price. I held off knowing that the energy rebate coupon was happening soon. Logic dictates they will be even lower starting Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5053 posts
1869 upvotes
drooldud wrote: Pardon my ignorance but are these any better than the 2 pack of low profile ones at Costco? I was there yesterday and was pretty sure they were $24 for the 2 pack regular price. I held off knowing that the energy rebate coupon was happening soon. Logic dictates they will be even lower starting Friday.
i think if you don't need the "outdoor/shower" rating, might as well get the costco ones. I'm planning to put the costco ones into my basement, been waiting a long time for these coupons to come around.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1192 posts
815 upvotes
Belleville
drooldud wrote: Pardon my ignorance but are these any better than the 2 pack of low profile ones at Costco? I was there yesterday and was pretty sure they were $24 for the 2 pack regular price. I held off knowing that the energy rebate coupon was happening soon. Logic dictates they will be even lower starting Friday.
When I researched pot lights I found several bad reviews about the Costco ones so I stayed away.
Jr. Member
Mar 14, 2006
113 posts
64 upvotes
Can I order these online and use the Greenon discount AND $10 off $50 email signup coupon?
Jr. Member
Dec 30, 2008
175 posts
236 upvotes
Mississauga
robertro wrote: Can I order these online and use the Greenon discount AND $10 off $50 email signup coupon?
Coupon is instore only
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3329 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto
how does the 4-pack price go from $174 to $48?
Member
Jun 16, 2009
459 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
Can I install these in the Kitchen ??
Member
Jun 16, 2009
459 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
mgn2000 wrote: Can I install these in the Kitchen ??
Sorry did not look at watts. these are only 9 watts. So I guess not good for kitchens
Member
User avatar
Feb 25, 2010
442 posts
449 upvotes
HALIFAX
FlashFyre wrote: When I researched pot lights I found several bad reviews about the Costco ones so I stayed away.
I bought the costco pot lights that have the gimbal, and they suck. The butterfly latch to install them sucks, and the 50 year bulbs all started going after a month. At that point, I installed 12 of them and can't be bothered to re wire my whole frigging kitchen.

Also, avoid the costco dimmer switches. They suck even worse. The dimmer lever seizes.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 13, 2003
5041 posts
5840 upvotes
Is the "bulb" replaceable, or do you need to replace the whole thing if the "bulb" went out?
Last edited by BB88 on Apr 4th, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Sr. Member
Sep 18, 2004
563 posts
280 upvotes
Elfwood wrote: how does the 4-pack price go from $174 to $48?
FlashFyre wrote: Sale starts FRIDAY APRIL 6th. Normally $187 for the 4-pack. $48 with Save ON Energy Discount.
mgn2000 wrote: Sorry did not look at watts. these are only 9 watts. So I guess not good for kitchens
Depends on how much light you need, but considering you can buy more than one pack, it should be plenty of light output. It's a 9-watt LED putting out 600 lumens, which is roughly equivalent to something between a 40W and 60W incandescent. So let's say you get 4x50W-equivalent per pack.

Top