[Lowe's] Trenz Thin LED POT Light 4- Pack $48 - Ontario Only

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2019 11:24 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1343 posts
1318 upvotes
GTA
dmanwin wrote: You have two options: Google.com, or call an electrician.
I was hoping people who have installed soffit lighting can shed some light on their experiences. Thanks for your input though.
Apr 30, 2008
64 posts
30 upvotes
dmanwin wrote:
You have two options: Google.com, or call an electrician.
U need a hole saw and a long drill bit. Attic crawling and dangerous heights aren't my favourite DIY. I recommend Kijiji to find a installer as there is lots of competition and prices are 70-100 per light . Don't put too many as it has a space ship effect. Since they charge per light you have to be firm with your 4-6 lights on the 2nd floor
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
3831 posts
1290 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Slono wrote: I was hoping people who have installed soffit lighting can shed some light on their experiences. Thanks for your input though.
Run the wire through the attic and just stub it out in to the soffit at the locations you plan to put the lights. That's what I have the apprentice do when we install these type of lights in soffit.
Sep 12, 2004
290 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
paintballdude05 wrote: Just took a look at one of the 6 sets I've bought. Nice quality made stuff, much better than the offering at Costco right now (although 3 times the price). I'll be returning some of the lights I got at Costco. It's also cool to see the owner of the company commenting on this thread!
:-)
Note also the "other guys" have a CRI (Color Rendering Index) of ONLY 80, while ours / Lowes have a CRI of 90+.
For the geeks (like me) here's what it means
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index

For newbies, it means that in the early days of LED lighting only CRI 80 was achievable. With new technology and high end chips 90+ is achievable.
The higher the CRI the more colors you will see, the lower the CRI the more washed out the colors are. Kind of like how fluorescent lights are. They pretty much max out at 80 CRI

Lowes / Trenz are 90+ and the best on the market. As well, as you dim them, they hold both their color temperature (3K or 4K) and CRI, (90+) whereas off brand LED chips will change color (usually to greenish) as you dim them.
Last edited by Fritz the Cat on Apr 7th, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4504 posts
16864 upvotes
TORONTO
Fritz the Cat wrote: :-)
Note also the "other guys" have a CRI (Color Rendering Index) of 80, while ours / Lowes have a CRI of 90+.
For the geeks (like me) here's what it means
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_rendering_index

For newbies, it means that in the early days of LED lighting only CRI 80 was achievable. With new technology and high end chips 90+ is achievable.
The higher the CRI the more colors you will see, the lower the CRI the more washed out the colors are. Kind of like how fluorescent lights are. They pretty much max out at 80 CRI

Lowes / Trenz are 90+ and the best on the market. As well, as you dim them, they hold both their color temperature (3K or 4K) and CRI, (90+) whereas off brand LED chips will change color (usually to greenish) as you dim them.
I spent about 90 minutes comparing just the dimming smoothness with other products on display in Lowes. It was a day and night difference.

In the end, I walked out with 8 boxes. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1168 posts
513 upvotes
Fritz the Cat wrote: :-)
Note also the "other guys" have a CRI (Color Rendering Index) of 80, while ours / Lowes have a CRI of 90+.
Thanks for the CRI info. Do you happen to know what the R9 value is?

FYI, most of the Luminus bulbs sold at Costco are CRI 90 with R9 > 50. Not sure about the Luminus recessed lighting products though.
Oct 10, 2012
205 posts
65 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Bought a bunch of these, wasn't able to get the 15%, buy more save more. Any tips on how to fight for this as I noted some of you guys did get this?
They won't let you stack the coupons.
Apr 1, 2010
130 posts
22 upvotes
North York
I just bought 8 packs at 800 Warden with 15% off $360 tax in. Yesterdays a cashier didn't want to apply the additional discount but it worked today with another cashier.
Mar 11, 2004
393 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
Fritz the Cat wrote: Lifetime for everyone. Except my neighbor who's dog craps on my lawn.
Thanks for the assurance but the lifetime warranty details only for Electricians. I am having a hard time with electricians willing to install as they are asking at the minimum $125/ pot for supply and install and just install they still want $100/pot. I think Ottawa market is still expensive and would to love to find any reasonable Electricians that have installed these for homeowners on RFD.
Last edited by deluxster on Apr 8th, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 11, 2004
393 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
sergiok wrote: I just bought 8 packs at 800 Warden with 15% off $360 tax in. Yesterdays a cashier didn't want to apply the additional discount but it worked today with another cashier.
Can you upload an image of your receipt so we can convince some of these stores to do the same?
Feb 20, 2011
906 posts
294 upvotes
Are you guys buying spares? With non replaceable bulbs what options do you have in case of failure?
May 11, 2006
309 posts
220 upvotes
FYI.. When I went to get more money back and failed, the CSR front manager ended up invalidating my receipts.. Or so I'm finding out today when I tried to return my lights.

The same csr manager was working today and was inferring that I was trying to commit fraud.. Lucky the store manager promised to look into the mess up.