Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] [YMMV]Snow shovels on clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 3:40 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3876 posts
2310 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: My ergonomic handle shovel broke at the end of winter.
Need to get an replacement for it.

Don't like straight handle shovels.
Look into a sleigh shovel. As long as you are able to keep your piles below 3-4' and have boots with decent traction, you'll rarely have to lift snow again. It doesn't completely replace a traditional shovel, but I use the sleigh shovel 90% of the time in my yard.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1453 posts
523 upvotes
Halton
thanks op
need one more so we each have one in my house.. gets the driveway done so quickly!!
want to be sure and get the shovel...NOT the pusher
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1393 posts
765 upvotes
how accurate is Lowe's inventory. Just wondering if it's worth it to drive down to see if they have any in stock even though website says 0.
Jul 2, 2005
377 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
Must be last year models! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4171 posts
80 upvotes
Cambridge
scrubfordeals wrote: Any view on these types with 2 handles?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/snow-j ... 1001052511
Waste of money. The flexible spring thing destroys your rhythm

Best ergo snowshovel I have found yet is at Factory Direct. Handle is sort of zig zag instead of the big curve. Doesn’t look intuitively better, but in practice is the best I’ve used. Also comes with foam grip in the right place so your hand is not on cold steel (I used to wrap mine with duct tape)
Only $20 too.
Here it is

Edit, thanks to Canuck2fan...
Note that this shovel may need a tweak. Every one had a ´loose’ handle fit into the blade, so that the blade wants to twist slightly in use. I removed the blade, wound a layer of tape on the handle so that it fit tightly and put the blade back on with the original screw, plus added one more screw of my own. Totally forgot about that step, the shovel is awesome once it’s tightened up.
Last edited by stevethewheel on Nov 2nd, 2020 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 18, 2005
282 posts
835 upvotes
Add this Yardworks Power Grip to any straight handle shovel to save your back.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/yard ... 7971p.html

It's actually well made and you set it at any length you want, no tools needed. Then swap it over to your next shovel when you snap the blade on that big dirty windrow the snowplow left you. Some sandpaper sandwiched between the handle might be needed to keep it from rotating.

Btw the boring dark grey polypropylene or polypro shovels with a regular old wood handle seem to last the longest. They wear just as fast but don't seem to crack like colorful polycarbonate shovels. I've destroyed at least a dozen of those goddamn things.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4402 posts
2061 upvotes
Toronto
SizzleChest wrote: Look into a sleigh shovel.
+1
Are there any sleigh shovels on sale in the GTA?
Mine may not last it through this winter. Had it about a decade now, so it does not owe me anything.
Following the advice of the Health Experts - I will consider voting for Dougie @ 12:01 AM, five days after the next provincial election.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35063 posts
21031 upvotes
Center of Universe
Costco has the ergonomic handle and a metal edge shovel selling regularly at $18.99.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9532 posts
2816 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
SizzleChest wrote: Did I sleep in again? Is it April already?
Im thinking it’s one on]f two things.

1. Global warming. They’re sold out in Calgary because in Alberta they’re not allowed to believe in global warming. :)

2. They’re clearing out the 2019 models of snow shovels before they introduce the 2020 models of snow shovels. You know, the ones with Bluetooth. :)
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2004
2217 posts
856 upvotes
Hometown
stevethewheel wrote:

Best ergo snowshovel I have found yet is at Factory Direct. Handle is sort of zig zag instead of the big curve. Doesn’t look intuitively better, but in practice is the best I’ve used. Also comes with foam grip in the right place so your hand is not on cold steel (I used to wrap mine with duct tape)
Only $20 too.
Here it is
Factory Direct? Make SURE you plug it in the store multiple times to make sure it works, their return policy is no good.... So buy the extended warranty. Even better open it up right in the check out line and make sure it doesn't have any visually blown capacitors or burnt tracings on the circuit board.

Sorry could not resist. LOL Cause RFD hates Factory Direct...
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1563 upvotes
Tee . Oh
Canuck2fan wrote: Factory Direct? Make SURE you plug it in the store multiple times to make sure it works, their return policy is no good.... So buy the extended warranty. Even better open it up right in the check out line and make sure it doesn't have any visually blown capacitors or burnt tracings on the circuit board.

Who hates Factory Direct though?
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4171 posts
80 upvotes
Cambridge
Canuck2fan wrote: Factory Direct? Make SURE you plug it in the store multiple times to make sure it works, their return policy is no good.... So buy the extended warranty. Even better open it up right in the check out line and make sure it doesn't have any visually blown capacitors or burnt tracings on the circuit board.

Hahaha. Fair enough, and to your point, this:
I have owned or given as housewarming gifts, 4 of these.
Every one had a ´loose’ handle fit into the blade, so that the blade wants to twist slightly in use. I removed the blade, wound a layer of tape on the handle so that it fit tightly and put the blade back on with the original screw, plus added one more screw of my own. Totally forgot about that step, the shovel is awesome once it’s tightened up.
So I guess as long as you want to do your own Quality Control, this is the place to shop.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2893 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up the Garant 22". I've already got one in my garage and it's worked fine for two years now. Almost bought it 2 weeks ago but couldn't determine in the store which one I had at home.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4670 posts
5648 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The 22in is better built than the 21in despite the cheaper price.

Has metal wear strip, slightly longer handle, and sturdier.

Of course, it only matters if you can find them.
Dec 1, 2008
197 posts
60 upvotes
Windsor
Thank you! I have been looking for a new shovel and was going to get a boring normal one but after your feedback amd watching a couple of videoa, I am going to try this :) Looks like it will be better than the electric snow shovel my mom wanted to buy haha.