• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 6:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2330 posts
586 upvotes

Luck increased by 5000%

Posting a comment here will increase your luck by 5000%!
Last edited by Phat_cow on Oct 25th, 2019 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Share:
6 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10428 posts
1678 upvotes
Toronto
Phat_cow wrote: This card has a USB C Controller built in but no USB C port anywheres....WHY MSI??????? Only reason I bought this card is because of the Canadian warranty. DISAPPOINTED!
Is there a header? Is it for some rgb crap?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1816 posts
899 upvotes
GTA
Phat_cow wrote: This card has a USB C Controller built in but no USB C port anywheres....WHY MSI??????? Only reason I bought this card is because of the Canadian warranty. DISAPPOINTED!
The Gaming X & Gaming X TRIO flavour of this card have the actual port on the back, the Ventus for whatever reason does not. Binned on purpose. I was telling him if he could get a 100% refund or exchange for Gaming X model it would benefit him better. Also the Gaming X cooler is better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2330 posts
586 upvotes
heyyahblah wrote: The Gaming X & Gaming X TRIO flavour of this card have the actual port on the back, the Ventus for whatever reason does not. Binned on purpose. I was telling him if he could get a 100% refund or exchange for Gaming X model it would benefit him better. Also the Gaming X cooler is better.
I was gonna get the Gaming X but that is too big to fit in my case. I'll just have to sacrifice a PCIE slot for my usb card.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26286 posts
6553 upvotes
I'm confused, did you buy the card because you thought it had USB-C or because of the "Canadian warranty"? Were you disappointed because it didn't have USB-C or because it didn't have Canadian warranty? If that was the only reason you bought it, I can only assume the reason you were "DISAPPOINTED!" would be because it didn't have a Canadian warranty. But why wouldn't it, or any other card sold here (presuming you bought it here), not have "Canadian warranty"? I mean where else would the warranty be valid, Zimbabwe? :confused: Or did you buy it from US or something? And why bother mentioning USB-C at all then. This is a weird thread.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
1816 posts
899 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: I'm confused, did you buy the card because you thought it had USB-C or because of the "Canadian warranty"? Were you disappointed because it didn't have USB-C or because it didn't have Canadian warranty? If that was the only reason you bought it, I can only assume the reason you were "DISAPPOINTED!" would be because it didn't have a Canadian warranty. But why wouldn't it, or any other card sold here (presuming you bought it here), not have "Canadian warranty"? I mean where else would the warranty be valid, Zimbabwe? :confused: Or did you buy it from US or something? And why bother mentioning USB-C at all then. This is a weird thread.
I think what he meant by the warranty is like if you buy from ASUS you can send to Markham, ON or wherever and if you buy Gigabyte you have to pay to ship to the California I think? So he bought MSI branded card to have warranty in Canada not to ship to the US. But the Ventus 2070 card he bought is binned as it has the header or pins but no port. You need to buy the up tier one (Gaming X) flavour to get USB-C port on GPU.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26286 posts
6553 upvotes
heyyahblah wrote: So he bought MSI branded card to have warranty in Canada not to ship to the US.
I see. But is that still the policy or did they change it now?
heyyahblah wrote: But the Ventus 2070 card he bought is binned as it has the header or pins but no port. You need to buy the up tier one (Gaming X) flavour to get USB-C port on GPU.
I got that but still don't get what this has to do with anything if the only reason he bought it is because of the warranty you describe. In that case the only thing that should be disappointing is if the warranty was not as he thought, because who cares if it has a USB or not he bought it because of the warranty!