Expired Hot Deals

Lucky migration to Bell $45 6gb samsung s10e ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2020 6:20 pm
Oct 10, 2014
256 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jackass_ca wrote: Hoenstly, $15 a month is more than enough for what she needs right now, was going to move her over to the Zoomer deal at $36 if anything
Don't forget with the current zoomer promos, the current zoomer plan works out to about $25/mo for 4gb (until Feb 18?). $36/mo, $100 activation credit, $50 referral credit, plus a phone you can sell for $100+. Only catch is the 24-month contract, but given the freebies making the plan effectively $25/mo, it's not that bad of a catch.

These migration plans are great too, especially if you need BYOD, and there's no other tempting limited time offer (like the current zoomer).
Last edited by Sanforized on Feb 12th, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No referrals
Mar 16, 2018
588 posts
653 upvotes
Hamilton
Macali wrote: Don't forget with the current zoomer promos, the current zoomer plan works out to about $25/mo for 4gb (until Feb 18?). $36/mo, $100 activation credit, $50 referral credit, plus a phone you can sell for $100+. Only catch is the 24-month contract, but given the freebies making the plan effectively $25/mo, it's not that bad of a catch.

These migration plans are great too, especially if you need BYOD, and there's no other tempting limited time offer (like the current zoomer).
I wish Zoomer would bump up their data to compete with Lucky and PM. Personally, their data wouldn't be enough for someone that listens to a lot of music on foot. Really happy with my Lucky 7 GB $40 plan.
Last edited by Sanforized on Feb 12th, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post edited
Oct 10, 2014
256 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ownthesky wrote:
I wish Zoomer would bump up their data to compete with Lucky and PM. Personally, their data wouldn't be enough for someone that listens to a lot of music on foot. Really happy with my Lucky 7 GB $40 plan.
I believe one of the 6 month loyalty plans is 6gb for $45. Factor in the bonuses and freebies and it’s closer to $35/mo.
Mar 16, 2018
588 posts
653 upvotes
Hamilton
Macali wrote: I believe one of the 6 month loyalty plans is 6gb for $45. Factor in the bonuses and freebies and it’s closer to $35/mo.
That's very true, I considered porting over and waiting for loyalty but it would mean changing my habits for a few months, ya know? Definitely will keep an eye on Zoomer if they have a larger data promo in the near future.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1980 posts
1245 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
What's the penalty for breaking out of the 2 yr contract?
Oct 10, 2014
256 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BeapChastard wrote: What's the penalty for breaking out of the 2 yr contract?
Whatever the outstanding tab balance is on the phone you received.

Take total subsidized amount, divide by 24, multiply by how many months remaining on contract.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1134 posts
312 upvotes
Just migrated to the 50 dollar plan with 8GB, no phone though BYOB.
Nov 12, 2019
1 posts
Im currently with Fido on a BYOB plan and would like to migrate to Bell for this plan and a new phone.

How do i recieve this promotion? Do i just go to a store and ask?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11452 posts
2896 upvotes
ownthesky wrote:
Most apps allow you to download the streamed music before hand. Spotify, XMradio, etc. No data used.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Apr 2, 2018
450 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Stev3901 wrote: Im currently with Fido on a BYOB plan and would like to migrate to Bell for this plan and a new phone.

How do i recieve this promotion? Do i just go to a store and ask?
You need to activate an account with Lucky Mobile first $15 plan and then wait for about a month you can migrate it to Bell :)
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Bell $55/6GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $37.5/5GB, $45/13GB, $45/13GB, Lucky Mobile $15
Apr 1, 2007
402 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
biscuits wrote: Just got this today, it took almost 2 hours for them to do it but i walked out with an s10e with the 6gb $45 plan, waived connection fee ...
Congrats, that’s a great deal. Do you know if the data is shareable or not (if you have multiple lines with them) ?
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
291 posts
196 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tor98 wrote: Congrats, that’s a great deal. Do you know if the data is shareable or not (if you have multiple lines with them) ?
Not shareable. I tried to add another line while there and was told the new line is like $70 a month. Pass! Hehe!
Mar 19, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
Quebec
So i went in store today and here are the offers I got:
Bell
25$ 2gb
35$ 6gb
45$ 8gb Byop
10$ for same plans but with phones up to a A70, Iphone7
Virgin
30$ 2gb
45$ 6gb
55$ 8gb
5$ more on Gold plan. Pixel 4 went up overnight 450$ on gold plan. I would have taken it on the spot.
This is in Québec
Virgin 25$ 5GB Unlimited / Virgin 50$ 6GB Unlimited
Mar 23, 2018
129 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
How do you port a non lucky number over to the promo plan? I went in to the mobile shop today and they said that Virgin wouldn’t allow me to port over my Telus number to the promo available on my Lucky sim.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
291 posts
196 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
liftinpeanuts wrote: How do you port a non lucky number over to the promo plan? I went in to the mobile shop today and they said that Virgin wouldn’t allow me to port over my Telus number to the promo available on my Lucky sim.
I dont think you would be able to as the point of their promo is to migrate subscribers from prepaid to postpaid.

If they allowed it then you can just pull the promo from an eligible number and port in from unlimited non-eligible numbers, if that makes sense.