Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lucky Mobile

$40 7GB/$50 10.5GB plans only til January 20th (Existing and New Customers) **Extra $10 off per month for Chinese New Yr

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2020 1:15 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

$40 7GB/$50 10.5GB plans only til January 20th (Existing and New Customers) **Extra $10 off per month for Chinese New Yr

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Lucky Mobile
Noticed Lucky Mobile is having an in store only extra 2gb data offer.

The plans are $40 for 7gb and $50 for 10.5gb.

**Update of my experience. Information seems very vague at the moment in terms of, if it is a one time add on or monthly. I personally went and activated today at the source. The SIM Card was free at the source and they told me it is monthly and on the app it shows a charge of $0.00/month for the add ons.

***As some are stating on the thread, existing customers can also get the additional 2GB on their $40 plan by add ons. Existing customers can also switch to the $40 or $50 plan and add the free 2gb add on.

**Another piece of information if most are not aware of, lucky mobile has a free wifi calling app. They assign you a second number and you can use this number to call and text any canadian or US number unlimited while in Canada or the US. I tried it and it works.

***Also for those that are unaware of Lucky Mobile, it is Bell's discount brand. It runs on their LTE Network but the speeds are capped at 3G Speeds.

****A potential update to this plan, these stores are eligible for an additional $10/month off per month for 8 months to celebrate Chinese new year https://www.luckymobile.ca/Web/pdfs/Chi ... ist-ON.pdf

FYI it is possible to activate on an e-sim as well.

Hope this helps, good luck!

https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... lsrc=aw.ds
Last edited by Guest2274885 on Jan 20th, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 13 times in total.
273 replies
Aug 28, 2016
313 posts
552 upvotes
Good deal pretty sure 3G is LTE lite which is good cause low latency. Wife has Public Mobile and never complains.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
andreid wrote: 3G junk
It’s LTE lite... what do you possibly do that doesn’t work on those speeds? I FaceTime, download apps... browse watch YouTube Netflix all fine on Public. Unless you’re tryna play google stadia games... don’t know what you can’t do.
Jan 31, 2014
328 posts
218 upvotes
Looks like it's for new customers only and 2gb applies to 40$+ plans. Wish they had 2gb bonus for 25$ plan, now that would have been lava hot.

"One-time $10 SIM Card charge applies. 2 GB of bonus data offer valid on plans $40/mo. or more.
1Not available at Dollarama – visit a Dollarama store to learn about another bonus offer"
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4014 posts
2509 upvotes
Halifax
So 7 GB for $40. $10.5 GB for $50 Not awful, but it does not suit my needs.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
boo can’t stream 4K on my pixel 4 !! /s
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1974 posts
1311 upvotes
This 2gb extra is permanent correct? Not a nonsense 2 month or only 1 year deal
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
braveheart2006 wrote: Thinking about the 10.5G/$50 plan for my daughter. She's currently on an LTE plan.
What would she lose going to 3G? She uses the typical teenage apps including Netflix.
The biggest thing I noticed when I download or update apps in a pinch for situations where if you get xxx app, there's coupons or discounts. Other then that, doesn't affect my usual usage including YouTube.
Nov 16, 2013
554 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
braveheart2006 wrote: Thinking about the 10.5G/$50 plan for my daughter. She's currently on an LTE plan.
What would she lose going to 3G? She uses the typical teenage apps including Netflix.
It feels like normal internet to me. There's nothing I haven't been able to do. I say go for it!

Been with Lucky since early last summer. No issues and no dropped calls. This is a sweet deal - I'd love 2GB extra if I was a new subscriber.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4014 posts
2509 upvotes
Halifax
She will not lose anything. LTE lite is capped a 3 mbit/s, fast enough for most applications.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
bridonca wrote: She will not lose anything. LTE lite is capped a 3 mbit/s, fast enough for most applications.
Except for pure downloads. If you tether a laptop to this service, it's pretty bad. Other than that, mobile usage is fine.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Wonder if Public Mobile will match the deal...
I am sure they will see this deal and consider some sort of competitive response. Because of Public Mobile rewards being tied to an account, unless they make deals available to existing customers, most of us can only drool.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Jun 3, 2008
258 posts
270 upvotes
Newmarket
bridonca wrote: She will not lose anything. LTE lite is capped a 3 mbit/s, fast enough for most applications.
Thanks. Appreciate the comments.

Can I expect same coverage? The current LTE coverage is with Bell.
I checked the coverage map and it is enormous, covers all of southern Ontario up to Sudbury and east past Ottawa.
We tried Freedom and coverage was terrible. No issues with Rogers or Bell/Telus.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2543 posts
819 upvotes
Can I use an iPhone XR with Lucky Mobile or do I have to buy one of their phones ?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
sylvestor2002 wrote: Can I use an iPhone XR with Lucky Mobile or do I have to buy one of their phones ?
Any phone will work with Lucky, they're just a Bell subsidiary and use Bell's network.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I switched to Lucky a while ago after I got fed up with Koodo offering me extra data at the incredible deal of 1gb for $15.

The great thing about Lucky is that after you use up your data cap, you get free unlimited data but it's throttled to 128 kbps which will still allow apps like whatsap and email to work.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4014 posts
2509 upvotes
Halifax
braveheart2006 wrote: Thanks. Appreciate the comments.

Can I expect same coverage? The current LTE coverage is with Bell.
I checked the coverage map and it is enormous, covers all of southern Ontario up to Sudbury and east past Ottawa.
We tried Freedom and coverage was terrible. No issues with Rogers or Bell/Telus.
Same coverage as Bell

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)