Expiry:
June 30, 2021
Retailer:
Lucky Mobile
More offers from Lucky Mobile

Offer Period: From June 1, 2021 until June 30, 2021

https://www.luckymobile.ca/offers/promo-refer-a-friend

How it works

To get started, simply get your friend to sign up with Lucky Mobile! They can do this by visiting any of our retail locations, or by purchasing and activating a SIM card online.

Then, your friend will need to submit our referral form within 10 days of activating their Lucky Mobile service and make their 2nd, on-time, monthly payment.

FAQ:

Who can I refer?

Your referred friend must register with Lucky Mobile between June 1, 2021 until June 30, 2021 in order for both of you to be eligible for Refer-A-Friend.

When will my offer be applied to my account?

Offers will only be applied to eligible accounts after a successful submission of the referral form and if your referred friend has made their 2nd, on-time, monthly payment.

The referral offer and your friend’s offer will be applied at the same time, which will be during your referred friend’s 2nd or 3rd month of service. Both you and your friend must be active Lucky Mobile customers.

To receive your offer each month, you must Top-Up to cover your Total Monthly Charge (Plan + Add-Ons) amount. Offers will be active for 5 months once applied to the account.

How many friends can I refer?

You can be rewarded for a maximum of 3 referrals during the promotional period, for a value of up to $15/month for 8 months! All of your referred friends will receive their selected offer, even if you have referred more than 3 friends.

There is no limit on the number of friends someone can refer.

I was just referred to Lucky Mobile, can I refer new customers?

Yes, you can start referring right away! Plus, newly referred customers who also refer their friends are eligible to receive both offers at the same time.

I currently receive another offer on my account; will I be eligible for the Refer-A-Friend offer?

Yes, the Refer-A-Friend offer can be combined with all other Lucky Mobile offers.

How to view your offer

Once your offer has been applied to your account, we will send you a confirmation text message.

The credits will be applied to your account balance. You can view your total balance details by logging into your My Account profile, selecting ‘Payment history’ from the ‘Overview’ tab and then filtering for the desired time period.

The referral offer will be applied to both accounts during your referred friend’s 2nd or 3rd month of service.

If you have any questions, you can reach out to us at promotions@luckymobile.ca.

Note: The referral form must be submitted by the person being referred to Lucky Mobile.

Forum Rule: Do not ask for referral

Tip: Buy sim card from Dollarama and get $20 Dollarama giftcard

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/phone/sim-card-dollarama
sprdave wrote: There is also a promotion at Giant Tiger, where you get $20 one-time credit after topping up the second month (similar to Dollarama but you get a credit instead of gift card)
https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/phon ... iant-tiger

Although I haven't tried it (I got my first sim from Dollarama)... Does anyone know what they charge for the sim card at Giant Tiger?

Are sim cards available at Dollarama and Giant Tiger during the Ontario lockdown, or has anyone run into issue? I haven't been for these places for ages lol.
Last edited by KumarAjay on Jun 1st, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
22 replies
Mar 21, 2021
3 posts
6 upvotes
Lucky mobile is a bell company I prefer not to give Bill any of my business after having my home phone and internet Hub with them for years & years being treated like a third class citizen.
I personally prefer public mobile, a Telus company, bell and Telus use the same cell towers anyway. I'm on the $50 a month plan over there with unlimited calling/texting in Canada and the USA and 10.5 gigabytes of data, and I'm only paying ten bucks a month since I have a lot of "refer a friends" not to mention the other discounts they give to you when you've been there for years. But that's just me, I don't want to give bell or their companies anymore of my business. Take care.
Sep 8, 2020
63 posts
81 upvotes
thx for sharing! been meaning to switch to lucky and was waiting for the referral event to come back as I've got someone lined up
Last edited by SpaceWaffle on Jun 1st, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1520 posts
509 upvotes
ON
Just to point out that for those trying to make referrals, that you can only get credit for a maximum of 3 referrals. So keep track of how many you refer, and let others refer if you reach your 3.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1520 posts
509 upvotes
ON
There is also a promotion at Giant Tiger, where you get $20 one-time credit after topping up the second month (similar to Dollarama but you get a credit instead of gift card)

Although I haven't tried it (I got my first sim from Dollarama)... Does anyone know what they charge for the sim card at Giant Tiger?

Are sim cards available at Dollarama and Giant Tiger during the Ontario lockdown, or has anyone run into issue? I haven't been for these places for ages lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1030 posts
1389 upvotes
Vancouver
Lucky has esim service. If you have a dual sim card phone and a 4GB Fido $5 data plan, it works out nicely.
May 16, 2017
358 posts
164 upvotes
fpenguin wrote: Lucky has esim service. If you have a dual sim card phone and a 4GB Fido $5 data plan, it works out nicely.
when did they get that, ive been a customer with lucky for years and they never notified me about esims
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1574 posts
568 upvotes
Montreal
I've switch to Lucky 3 months ago and it's been pretty good... The unlimited data is good for messaging, low quality Spotify, emails and maps navigation works very well...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1574 posts
568 upvotes
Montreal
softech wrote: Does Lukcy has online live chat? support phone number? or it goes via online ticketing and Community like Public Mobile?
They have phone and chat support. Their app is very nice too.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2362 posts
663 upvotes
Lévis
Too bad lucky mobile don't have free calls between Lucky users, unlike PCmobile.
Pourquoi pas?
[OP]
Nov 25, 2019
153 posts
293 upvotes
GTA
softech wrote: you can use the app to live char for support?
Never tried untill i saw your reply....Turns out Yes you can chat via app.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2019
153 posts
293 upvotes
GTA
sprdave wrote: There is also a promotion at Giant Tiger, where you get $20 one-time credit after topping up the second month (similar to Dollarama but you get a credit instead of gift card)

Didnt know about this promotion.

Added to the main post.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1574 posts
568 upvotes
Montreal
SPARTACVS wrote: Too bad lucky mobile don't have free calls between Lucky users, unlike PCmobile.
I'm not sure if it's for all plans, I have the 25$, they give you a free number where you can make unlimited wifi calls and texts via the wi-fi talk app. I have my main number on the sim and an alt number for the app.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1030 posts
1389 upvotes
Vancouver
slash407 wrote: when did they get that, ive been a customer with lucky for years and they never notified me about esims
Dec 4, 2018
Feb 8, 2019
13 posts
68 upvotes
Does Lucky give out free 1GB data and 200 mins around Christmas time every year like Public Mobile does???
If so I'll make the switch, please refer me.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2129 posts
1009 upvotes
Moon
xMcEdx wrote: Does Lucky give out free 1GB data and 200 mins around Christmas time every year like Public Mobile does???
If so I'll make the switch, please refer me.
Nope, you dont get rewards either like 2 off for auto pay and $1 off every year but then the $40 is tempting...

I am on the same boat, thinking of moving the lines to Lucky then switching back to PM when the next promo happens.

BTW does anyone know if this stacks with the dollarama promo?
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1520 posts
509 upvotes
ON
kangarooz wrote: BTW does anyone know if this stacks with the dollarama promo?
Yes the referral works with the Dollarama promo
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2362 posts
663 upvotes
Lévis
th3xeroeagle wrote: I'm not sure if it's for all plans, I have the 25$, they give you a free number where you can make unlimited wifi calls and texts via the wi-fi talk app. I have my main number on the sim and an alt number for the app.
Interesting. With PCMobile, the free calls with another PCMobile number is for every plans, no application needed, no wifi, plain call. TBH, it's perfect for me as ~half my calls are with my GF.
Also, they use the Bell network. As much as I hate bell, their network is the best (at least here, and that doesn't mean other networks are bad).
Pourquoi pas?