Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lucky Mobile

Lucky Mobile Refer-a-Friend Promotion is on again! $50 Credit until June 30th, 2022

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2022 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
2066 posts
893 upvotes
ON

Lucky Mobile Refer-a-Friend Promotion is on again! $50 Credit until June 30th, 2022

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 30, 2022
Retailer:
Lucky Mobile
Lucky Mobile Refer-a-Friend Promotion for $50 credit ($5/month for 10 months) is back again. Ends June 30th, 2022.

Both referrer and referred receive $50 in credits. This is the highest referral credit Lucky has had.

Line must be activated by June 30th to qualify.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/offers/promo-refer-a-friend

Other sign up deals that CAN be combined with the refer-a-friend promotion:
- If you purchase the sim card at Dollarama ($4) you get a $20 Dollarama gift card in a couple months.
- Or sometimes Lucky has flash sales for a free month and/or bonus data (that can NOT be combined with the Dollarama deal)

New as of May 31st, 2022:
Lucky Rewards - Get 250MB/mo. of bonus data after making 6 monthly payments.
All plans qualify. Starting with monthly payments as of May 31st.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/phone/lucky-rewards

Flash Sale until June 1st: One month free service and 2GB/mo of bonus data for 12 months (on $35 or more plans) and 50% off SIM card online
https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... _053022_SD

Flash Sale until June 13th: 2GB/mo of bonus data for 12 months (on $35 or more plans)
https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... _061022_SD

Flash Sale until June 20th: 2GB/mo of bonus data for 8 months (on $35 or more plans)
https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... _061722_SD

Flash Sale June 21st only: One month free service and 50% off SIM card online
https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... _062122_SD

Flash Sale until June 27th: 2GB/mo of bonus data for 6 months (on $35 or more plans)
https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... _062422_SD

Flash Sale until July 5th: One month free service and 50% off SIM card online
https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... _063022_SD

Mod Note: to keep this thread open, do not request or solicit referrals. It is not allowed and you may earn an infraction.
Last edited by sprdave on Jun 30th, 2022 8:35 am, edited 12 times in total.
128 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1726 posts
2170 upvotes
Earth
I have lucky mobile for my daughter and I will admit I use the free Voip calling for her account (I pay it) on my phone when at the hospital as the cell signals don't get through so could be a good deal!
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2301 posts
1648 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
geoffs wrote: I have lucky mobile for my daughter and I will admit I use the free Voip calling for her account (I pay it) on my phone when at the hospital as the cell signals don't get through so could be a good deal!
I thought you could only use the Lucky VoIP app on a phone that has a Lucky SIM.

Does it work with the phone on any other provider, meaning it’s free VoIP?
Lucky Mobile $20/Month 3GB (unlimited at 128Kbps) further reduced by $5 / month per referral credit(s)
Nov 25, 2019
714 posts
1137 upvotes
YYC
wally_walrus wrote: I thought you could only use the Lucky VoIP app on a phone that has a Lucky SIM.

It can be activated and used on any phone. It will simply ask for a one time password when activating, which is sent on the lucky mobile number.

BUT still the app is useless, as it requires WIFI connection to work. It does not work off the data from the phone itself. Its such a dumb thing.
Freedom 25/year Talk and Text
Lucky $25/month Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
Lucky $20/month Talk, Text and 3 GB Data
CarryTel $29.99 75Down 7Up Mbps
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1064 posts
1737 upvotes
BC
Wow, good timing. I picked up a SIM card but never activated it. I guess I'll hold off for a bit.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3029 posts
1633 upvotes
ON
Their customer service exceeded my expectation.

Last week, I was chatting with their CSR via online chatbox but was distracted by a work meeting. The CSR called me as she didn't get my response.

This is the first time I was called by a CSR when chat failed or was disconnected.
Feb 5, 2017
465 posts
569 upvotes
Vancouver
PrivacyIsIllusion wrote:
It can be activated and used on any phone. It will simply ask for a one time password when activating, which is sent on the lucky mobile number.

BUT still the app is useless, as it requires WIFI connection to work. It does not work off the data from the phone itself. Its such a dumb thing.
Do you know if the VOIP is available for data only plan ($15) ?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1726 posts
2170 upvotes
Earth
wally_walrus wrote: I thought you could only use the Lucky VoIP app on a phone that has a Lucky SIM.

YEP!
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Nov 25, 2019
714 posts
1137 upvotes
YYC
Yazzy88 wrote: Do you know if the VOIP is available for data only plan ($15) ?
Sry, I've never used the $15 data only plan. Cant comment.

IIRC @sprdave has $15 data only plan on one of his line. He can help.
Nov 25, 2019
714 posts
1137 upvotes
YYC
MrBigNose wrote: Their customer service exceeded my expectation.

Last week, I was chatting with their CSR via online chatbox but was distracted by a work meeting. The CSR called me as she didn't get my response.

This is the first time I was called by a CSR when chat failed or was disconnected.
They are generous BUT bit less trained when you ask complicated questions :P
If you are asking them really important stuff, i'll suggest ask the same Q atleast 5 times over different chat sessions.
There is so much that the chat support needs to learn.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2287 posts
716 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Data at 3G speeds when you register for Automatic Top-Up
Not sure I am understanding. I thought it was LTE to a cap and then 3G unlimited thereafter?
Oct 2, 2017
43 posts
19 upvotes
It's LTE but 3mbps max, 128kbps after cap
Mar 7, 2011
435 posts
586 upvotes
Brampton
Side note, those on lucky can easily switch to virgin mobile
https://www.virginplus.ca/en/hot-offers/lucky-offer.htm

virgin-mobile-port-lucky-moble-virgin-4 ... v-2448245/

and then can do the virgin mobile winback deal after 90 days to get 25GB for 45$ a month + 400 dollar device credit (if you switch to freedom mobile)
virgin-mobile-virgin-mobile-winback-45- ... v-2414734/
Nov 25, 2019
714 posts
1137 upvotes
YYC
haliwood wrote: Not sure I am understanding. I thought it was LTE to a cap and then 3G unlimited thereafter?
Its always LTE network. Capped to 3mbps upto you plan data limit + bonus data or whatever extra data you have. After you are done consuming all your data. Network is still LTE BUT speed drops from 3mbps to 128kbps.

They can avoid all this confusion of they start writing 3mbps instead of 3G. Maybe Bell does its intentionally so as to discourage ppl from using lucky and jump on Virgin/Bell
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3029 posts
1633 upvotes
ON
rexplosive wrote: Side note, those on lucky can easily switch to virgin mobile
https://www.virginplus.ca/en/hot-offers/lucky-offer.htm

virgin-mobile-port-lucky-moble-virgin-4 ... v-2448245/

and then can do the virgin mobile winback deal after 90 days to get 25GB for 45$ a month + 400 dollar device credit (if you switch to freedom mobile)
virgin-mobile-virgin-mobile-winback-45- ... v-2414734/
Great deals.
Don't want to lose the credits I'm getting from luckymobile each month. Currently I don't need much data as I'm working from home.
May consider to port to Virgin after consuming all the credits.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3029 posts
1633 upvotes
ON
haliwood wrote: Not sure I am understanding. I thought it was LTE to a cap and then 3G unlimited thereafter?
No. Always 3g speed.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
2066 posts
893 upvotes
ON
Yazzy88 wrote: Do you know if the VOIP is available for data only plan ($15) ?
Yes, the Wifi Talk and Text app does work with the data only plan. When setting up the app, it does ask for your Lucky phone number to send a verification text. You still get a phone number assigned on the data only plan, and you still receive texts from Lucky, even though other texts do not work.

As mentioned, you do need to be connected to Wifi for it to work. There are other apps that do texting and calling that do work on mobile data, with their advantages and disadvantages.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
2066 posts
893 upvotes
ON
MrBigNose wrote: Their customer service exceeded my expectation.

Ya had that happen recently, good or bad lol, I was doing chat to be quiet then the phone rang...
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
2066 posts
893 upvotes
ON
Data at 3G speeds when you register for Automatic Top-Up
It's what it says, the plan data is at 3G (~3Mbps) speeds until you run out of your allotted data, then unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps.
The connection does appear to be LTE (but throttled) where possible either way.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4254 posts
5605 upvotes
Muskoka
sprdave wrote: Yes, the Wifi Talk and Text app does work with the data only plan. When setting up the app, it does ask for your Lucky phone number to send a verification text. You still get a phone number assigned on the data only plan, and you still receive texts from Lucky, even though other texts do not work.

As mentioned, you do need to be connected to Wifi for it to work. There are other apps that do texting and calling that do work on mobile data, with their advantages and disadvantages.
So i'm guessing you can received texts on $15plan but you cannot send.
Public Mobile