Expired Hot Deals

Lucky Mobile

One month of free service AND 2 GB/mo of bonus data AND 50% off sim card online, with $50 referral offer, August 31

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON

[Lucky Mobile] One month of free service AND 2 GB/mo of bonus data AND 50% off sim card online, with $50 referral offer, August 31

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2021
Retailer:
Lucky Mobile
More offers from Lucky Mobile
Until August 31st, on new activation get:

One month of free service (credit to your second month)

2 GB/mo of bonus data for 6 months (on minimum $35 plan)

50% off sim card online (if buying online, activate by September 28)

$50 refer-a-friend bonus ($5/mo for 10 months, get referred by existing user)

This is the best combination I've seen for new sign ups. The highest referral bonus Lucky has had, and I haven't seen the one month of free service and bonus data combined.

Cannot be combined with the Dollarama deal.

More info: https://www.luckymobile.ca/shop/flash-s ... _083121_SD
11 replies
Nov 25, 2019
551 posts
792 upvotes
Edmonton
Yaa, they never offer 2GB bonus and 1 month free together. Good find.
Lucky Mobile $25 plan with 9GB
Jul 14, 2021
67 posts
162 upvotes
Vancouver
ill jump ship when they offer a recurring 2gb bonus that doesnt end, this 6 month thing is not attractive
Jul 31, 2021
137 posts
322 upvotes
Nah, can't really live with 3G speeds. So this is a pass from me.
Nov 25, 2019
551 posts
792 upvotes
Edmonton
MrKing1993 wrote: ill jump ship when they offer a recurring 2gb bonus that doesnt end, this 6 month thing is not attractive
they did offer that only once, in Jan-2020, IIRC
Nov 25, 2019
551 posts
792 upvotes
Edmonton
panditji wrote: Nah, can't really live with 3G speeds. So this is a pass from me.
Its not meant for high speed or high data usage users.

Its meant for ppl like us, who hardly use 1-2 GB a month but value the fact that you are connected even after the 1-2gb quota runs out (good for google map whatsapp and voip). Except lucky and chatr no network offers that in low price range of 25$
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON
Not sure why this got moved to expired - as it's still active as of today. Oh well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON
PrivacyIsIllusion wrote: Its not meant for high speed or high data usage users.

Its meant for ppl like us, who hardly use 1-2 GB a month but value the fact that you are connected even after the 1-2gb quota runs out (good for google map whatsapp and voip). Except lucky and chatr no network offers that in low price range of 25$
Ya same here, different people have different wants or requirements. 3G speed is about the speed of our home internet lol. Didn't have any data on a phone until relatively recently, and being able to check messages still seems like a luxury (or more like a distraction I wish I sometimes didn't have)
Jul 31, 2021
137 posts
322 upvotes
PrivacyIsIllusion wrote: Its not meant for high speed or high data usage users.

I'm not a high volume user since I work from home and even when I go out I am able to get Wifi quite often. My monthly data usage hasn't exceeded 1GB for more than a year.
Even then, when I do need to use data 3G is not good enough and I much prefer LTE. Freedom (while not the greatest network) works better as they have a $19 plan that gives you 1.5GB data or a 6 month prepaid plan where you get 2GB/month for $99.

There are also some data only e-sim providers who offer better prices than this.

I don't think that this is good value at all, if it was half the current price I might be convinced to go down to 3G but at this pricepoint there are better options.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON
panditji wrote: I'm not a high volume user since I work from home and even when I go out I am able to get Wifi quite often. My monthly data usage hasn't exceeded 1GB for more than a year.
Even then, when I do need to use data 3G is not good enough and I much prefer LTE. Freedom (while not the greatest network) works better as they have a $19 plan that gives you 1.5GB data or a 6 month prepaid plan where you get 2GB/month for $99.

There are also some data only e-sim providers who offer better prices than this.

I don't think that this is good value at all, if it was half the current price I might be convinced to go down to 3G but at this pricepoint there are better options.
People also have different location requirements; not everyone lives and stays in cities like GTA. Being dependent on nationwide coverage kind of kills most of their offerings for many people. Although I see the $19 plan you mention is Nationwide so a little interesting, I wonder what their partner network is.