[Lucky Mobile] (Owned by Bell) $25 Referral Credit for Both Parties

[OP]
Apr 1, 2007
356 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
NavieM wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:03 pm
Literally just the two things you mentioned. The plan’s basically paid for since I got enough referrals for my son’s account
I though your preference was based on quality of service, you are right PM comes cheaper but there is a reason for that. I couldn’t justify a few dollar savings for the dropping calls in the middle of my conference calls, but PM works for casual users.
Aug 23, 2015
703 posts
625 upvotes
Nice added perk, thanks for posting.

PM not perfect, neither is Lucky. Either way it's nice to have choices. As posted above the $15 unlimited incoming sure is a nice feature with PM. Happy to see unlike the tier 1 and 2 carriers the tier 3 have kept their prices down. Thanks to Lucky, they kept their pricing intact, PM and think chatr had to drop plan prices back down to match after an increase.
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
May 8, 2001
434 posts
181 upvotes
Hopefully they will honour this promo without much hassle. I signed up with another promo (the Dollarama promo, get $20 Dollarama GC after 2nd month) and have yet to receive it. After inquiring they say I didn't qualify because I didn't buy my SIM card from Dollarama. Well, I sure did because that was the only reason I signed up with Lucky. It's being escalated but have to wait for their "investigation".

My PM experience was a lot different with the 5GB one time bonus weekend promo. Got my bonus within the promised 72 hours automatically. Service wise has been the same with no noticeable problems so will probably stick with PM when my temporary needs are done.
May 16, 2017
218 posts
74 upvotes
MikeNet wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 6:11 am
Hopefully they will honour this promo without much hassle. I signed up with another promo (the Dollarama promo, get $20 Dollarama GC after 2nd month) and have yet to receive it. After inquiring they say I didn't qualify because I didn't buy my SIM card from Dollarama. Well, I sure did because that was the only reason I signed up with Lucky. It's being escalated but have to wait for their "investigation".

My PM experience was a lot different with the 5GB one time bonus weekend promo. Got my bonus within the promised 72 hours automatically. Service wise has been the same with no noticeable problems so will probably stick with PM when my temporary needs are done.
damn, its amazing how like second class citizens they treat people who use prepaid service compared to postpaid lol, i guess all the money they make of postpaid motivates them to treat u like a human. Pm is even worse man, trust me
[OP]
Apr 1, 2007
356 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
slash407 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 3:42 pm
damn, its amazing how like second class citizens they treat people who use prepaid service compared to postpaid lol, i guess all the money they make of postpaid motivates them to treat u like a human. Pm is even worse man, trust me
At least in terms of service quality, I haven’t felt second class with Lucky yet. With PM absolutely that is the case. As for billing/CS, I haven’t had any issues with Lucky, so cannot comment
Jul 21, 2009
353 posts
82 upvotes
London
tor98 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 1:45 pm
I ported Form Public to Lucky in early May due to PM technical issues like dropped calls. I am paying $2 more, but the service has been solid so far. Unlike PM, I was able to activate on eSim, so I have the option to use my tablet SIM card if I exceed my data limit.
eSim with iPhone or Pixel?
[OP]
Apr 1, 2007
356 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
reflame wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 3:41 pm
eSim with iPhone or Pixel?
Yes, iPhone
May 16, 2017
218 posts
74 upvotes
tor98 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2019 3:24 pm
At least in terms of service quality, I haven’t felt second class with Lucky yet. With PM absolutely that is the case. As for billing/CS, I haven’t had any issues with Lucky, so cannot comment
yes being new to lucky, i feel a complete sea change in the service, the whole thing PM gots going is the 2$ discount of the plan with the auto pay(im guessing PM wont be here for too long, i think they are going to go extinct, they already got koodo)
Feb 27, 2007
331 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
tor98 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 6:56 pm
Curious to know why you favor PM then. I have tried both and haven’t noticed any PM advantages other monthly discounts for referral and auto-pay.
PM is a bit slow, but they've always catch up with the competition. Besides $2 auto-pay, I like the idea of paying $1 less/yr (max. 5 years) with PM. Great for lazy person like me, don't like to keep changing co. I tried, but don't have much luck to find referee. I haven't notice any problem with my line, still a happy PM customer.

It's true, I've wonder why Telus added PM besides Koodo.
[OP]
Apr 1, 2007
356 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
BrentW45358 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 7:13 pm
Was with PM. Now with Lucky. Liking it so far...
A bit more expensive, but a lot better quality in my experience
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7298 posts
3545 upvotes
North York
I am actually having trouble porting OUT of Lucky.
I was told I need an account number to port out, but Lucky doesn't provide any.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1357 posts
144 upvotes
Lévis
Is it free calls between LM users (like PCmobile and videotron I think)?
Pourquoi pas?
Sep 6, 2011
193 posts
16 upvotes
Oakville
nobody noticed they only provide 3G speed for the data????