• May 12th, 2020 6:43 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon

Lucky Mobile Porting Issues

Hey Guys,

I just activated a Lucky Mobile line and just to be safe, I did the activation with a new number and was going to do the port after I verified the port was successful. (I was told this is best practice) However after the activation I realized theres no option to port numbers into your lucky mobile plan. Is there a quick or easy way I am missing? I try to call their line but there doesnt seem to be an option to talk to someone (COVID?) I filled out their help form but it says 1-3 business days. I would like to port the number ASAP. Thanks in advance for your help.

It weird since PM lets you do everything online, in hindsight I would obvious do the port during activation but yeah.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
13 replies
Apr 10, 2020
298 posts
1089 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: Hey Guys,

I just activated a Lucky Mobile line and just to be safe, I did the activation with a new number and was going to do the port after I verified the port was successful. (I was told this is best practice) However after the activation I realized theres no option to port numbers into your lucky mobile plan. Is there a quick or easy way I am missing? I try to call their line but there doesnt seem to be an option to talk to someone (COVID?) I filled out their help form but it says 1-3 business days. I would like to port the number ASAP. Thanks in advance for your help.

It weird since PM lets you do everything online, in hindsight I would obvious do the port during activation but yeah.
Since you didn't do it while activating the line online, you need to call them to port in your number. They will ask you for your account number with your previous carrier in order to start the transfer. If you can't get a hold of them by phone, you should try to contact them on Facebook or Twitter.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
GeneralStore wrote: Since you didn't do it while activating the line online, you need to call them to port in your number. They will ask you for your account number with your previous carrier in order to start the transfer. If you can't get a hold of them by phone, you should try to contact them on Facebook or Twitter.
Yeah messaged them on fb, hopefully they can do something about it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8521 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
Just call customer service, not sure why people are afraid to call customer service lately?
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
GoodFellaz wrote: Just call customer service, not sure why people are afraid to call customer service lately?
If you read the OP you would know that I did call and their line is closed. They even mention this on the website as well. I managed to get in contact with someone on FB and they processed the port for me. I hope this helps!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8521 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
kangarooz wrote: If you read the OP you would know that I did call and their line is closed. They even mention this on the website as well. I managed to get in contact with someone on FB and they processed the port for me. I hope this helps!
TRY AGAIN. phone lines are hard to get thru cus of Covid. i cant reach anyone at my bank, but i waited a few days and got thru.
Drive an Escalade
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
GoodFellaz wrote: TRY AGAIN. phone lines are hard to get thru cus of Covid. i cant reach anyone at my bank, but i waited a few days and got thru.
Due to current circumstances, our Lucky Mobile call centre is temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience. For any support you may need, please use our self-serve tools. Accessing your account online is the fastest and most convenient way to manage practically all aspects of your services at any time you choose. Manage your services online.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/get- ... contact-us
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Does anyone know what their PER MINIUTE rate is if you run out of your plan's minutes? It doesn't really say on their website.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8521 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
kangarooz wrote: Due to current circumstances, our Lucky Mobile call centre is temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience. For any support you may need, please use our self-serve tools. Accessing your account online is the fastest and most convenient way to manage practically all aspects of your services at any time you choose. Manage your services online.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/get- ... contact-us
good luck convincing my old granny to go online to ask a question, some people the phone is their only way of communicating
Drive an Escalade
Feb 28, 2006
687 posts
651 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: Hey Guys,

OP were you able to get the porting done? I have the same problem, and their call center line is closed. Their website's contact me page is broken too.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
quantized light wrote: OP were you able to get the porting done? I have the same problem, and their call center line is closed. Their website's contact me page is broken too.
Its not broken its closed, contact them on FB or other social media channels. Have you put in your request already or do you need to do that?
Feb 28, 2006
687 posts
651 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: Its not broken its closed, contact them on FB or other social media channels. Have you put in your request already or do you need to do that?
So they got you ported via FB? No I couldn't leave a message in their contact page, the submit button doesn't work for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
quantized light wrote: So they got you ported via FB? No I couldn't leave a message in their contact page, the submit button doesn't work for me.
Yeah just contact them there and they will sort it out, the agent said you can submit a ticket on their app but i havent tried that option. They were quite quick to respond on FB though. Good luck.
Feb 28, 2006
687 posts
651 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: Yeah just contact them there and they will sort it out, the agent said you can submit a ticket on their app but i havent tried that option. They were quite quick to respond on FB though. Good luck.
That's great, I'll try FB then. Thanks for sharing that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)