Jul 8, 2018
5 posts
13 upvotes

Lucky Mobile: Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling Plan - 4.5GB - $40/mo

Deal Link:
Lucky Mobile has a $40/month promo going on now for:

Unlimited Call/Text
4.5 GB Data (3G Speed)
AND receive $5/month for 8 months to spend on extras (which I believe can be used to pay down the bill)

I was at CF Markville a couple weeks ago and they said they were waiving activation/sim card fees, so it might be worth it to check around to see if this promo is also available.

First time poster, so let me know what I can improve on for next time :)

***Details***

Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling Plan - 4.5GB - $40/mo

PLAN INCLUDES:
Unlimited Canada-wide calls
Unlimited Canada-wide & International texts
4.5GB Data at 3G speeds
Also included: Unlimited Incoming Calls & Texts from Canadian, US & International numbers, call display, voicemail, call waiting and 3-way calling.

Set up Automatic Top-Up and get $5/mo for 8 months to spend on extras.

If you want to use data, you can add a monthly Data Add-On. Visit luckymobile.ca/dataaddons for more details.

***UPDATE***

I called Fido and mentioned this deal and got 25% off of my current plan (Unlimited Call/Text, 4GB Data - $45) which comes out to $33.75/month (for 12 months)
52 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3750 posts
2097 upvotes
Halifax
I would currently not use Lucky Mobile with the plans and zones that it currently uses. Someone else does it better. The front end looks competitive. But you dig deeper, you find the zones are rather small. The $40 Canada wide calling is Canada wide is in a really small zone. The $5/month for 8 months to spend on extras does not define what the extras are, and to pay down the bill seems not to be an option. More trustworthy companies offer better for cheaper, with more transparency. Saying that, I got 2 lucky mobile SIM cards for a buck from ebay, hoping they will eventually be more competitive.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1532 posts
1677 upvotes
This is not a new offer. They have been running for a week or so. When PM launched the same deal, they matched Lucky.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1191 upvotes
Montreal
3G sucks, Bell is being evil by offering this watered down offer
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Dec 23, 2006
562 posts
179 upvotes
bridonca wrote: I would currently not use Lucky Mobile with the plans and zones that it currently uses. Someone else does it better. The front end looks competitive. But you dig deeper, you find the zones are rather small. The $40 Canada wide calling is Canada wide is in a really small zone. The $5/month for 8 months to spend on extras does not define what the extras are, and to pay down the bill seems not to be an option. More trustworthy companies offer better for cheaper, with more transparency. Saying that, I got 2 lucky mobile SIM cards for a buck from ebay, hoping they will eventually be more competitive.
Holy crap the in-zone that applies to this plan is so small it is borderline false advertisement by calling it Canada wide.

I hate dealing with this in-zone crap. I recently ported my parents 2 line to PM's province-wide unlimited, they have no problem understanding the limits of the province-wide plan but I can't say the same with Lucky/Chatr's zone.
PM $10 50 min 50 txt - friend code MLZKRQ
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1680 posts
2128 upvotes
VANCOUVER
AsianXL wrote: The Public Mobile promo offer is better.
^This. There is really no reason anyone should choose this vs Public Mobile. Public mobile has no zones and offers many discounts (for autopay, referrals, staying with them long term, helping in forums, etc).
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1680 posts
2128 upvotes
VANCOUVER
texedomel wrote: Holy crap the in-zone that applies to this plan is so small it is borderline false advertisement by calling it Canada wide.

I hate dealing with this in-zone crap. I recently ported my parents 2 line to PM's province-wide unlimited, they have no problem understanding the limits of the province-wide plan but I can't say the same with Lucky/Chatr's zone.

Yeah, if not false advertising definitely predatory, anti-competitive behavior. Lucky/Chatr have made artificial zones just to stamp out the competition with the new players. It should be illegal for Bell/Rogers to do this. If they want to compete, they should lower their prices across the board not make up these fake shell companies designed to kill the competition.
Oct 21, 2013
11 posts
8 upvotes
Seven Persons, AB
Just FYI for everyone. This offer isn't for a zone plan. You can use it anywhere in Canada. The zone plans on lucky are are crap.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3500 posts
6869 upvotes
texedomel wrote: Holy crap the in-zone that applies to this plan is so small it is borderline false advertisement by calling it Canada wide.

This specific plan is Canada wide, not in zone. It's to match the PM plan. It can be used anywhere in Canada without issue.
Public Mobile customer
Dec 22, 2003
526 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
NavieM wrote: This specific plan is Canada wide, not in zone. It's to match the PM plan. It can be used anywhere in Canada without issue.
So does that mean that this service is available anywhere there is Bell coverage?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3500 posts
6869 upvotes
DaddyKap wrote: So does that mean that this service is available anywhere there is Bell coverage?
Yep. No issues using it anywhere in Canada
Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3679 posts
2410 upvotes
Kitchener
Gave a thumbs up because some users didn't understand the plan.

3G isn't the greatest, but $40 for 4.5GB is a good deal, especially since it is Canada Wide.
Why can't we all just get along?
Dec 22, 2003
526 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
Their "zone" plans look expensive compared the Canada wide plans. Why would someone choose the $40 zone plan over this?
Oct 2, 2010
97 posts
83 upvotes
Ontario
DaddyKap wrote: Their "zone" plans look expensive compared the Canada wide plans. Why would someone choose the $40 zone plan over this?
This isn't normally a plan offered. It's usually $35 Unlimited Canada Wide + $X for Y data ($15 for 1GB for example)

Zone plans also come with unlimited data, albeit at a snail speed after the allotment is gone through.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3750 posts
2097 upvotes
Halifax
DaddyKap wrote: So does that mean that this service is available anywhere there is Bell coverage?
I noticed Lucky Mobile switched their $40, Canada wide calling, 4.5 GB plan from a local zone plan to a Canada wide plan. So Lucky Mobile finally offers a competitive plan, now that Public Mobile no longer offers it, and Chatr is not that great in the rest of Canada! The wording has been changed so now you get $5 a month for 8 months, so it can now be a bill credit. So it is a $35 plan for 8 months. Not bad! Still Bell though.
Dec 22, 2003
526 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
bwalke33 wrote: This isn't normally a plan offered. It's usually $35 Unlimited Canada Wide + $X for Y data ($15 for 1GB for example)

Zone plans also come with unlimited data, albeit at a snail speed after the allotment is gone through.
Unlimited data for zone plan wasn't apparent from their website. It looked like 1GB + 1GB bonus data.
Feb 14, 2017
255 posts
149 upvotes
marc_t wrote: 3G sucks, Bell is being evil by offering this watered down offer
I switched from Bell to PM recently and I honestly haven't noticed a difference with the 3g and the service is great, haven't had any issues yet
Dec 22, 2003
526 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
bridonca wrote: I noticed Lucky Mobile switched their $40, Canada wide calling, 4.5 GB plan from a local zone plan to a Canada wide plan. So Lucky Mobile finally offers a competitive plan, now that Public Mobile no longer offers it, and Chatr is not that great in the rest of Canada! The wording has been changed so now you get $5 a month for 8 months, so it can now be a bill credit. So it is a $35 plan for 8 months. Not bad! Still Bell though.
PublicMobile deal was LTE Lite (capped at 3G speed). This looks like pure 3G. Is that correct?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4547 posts
4130 upvotes
No Bum Deals
DaddyKap wrote: PublicMobile deal was LTE Lite (capped at 3G speed). This looks like pure 3G. Is that correct?
From Mobilesyrup

‘3G-equivalent data speeds’ Lucky Mobile’s data plans feature “3G-equivalent” access speeds of up to 3Mbps, though the carrier confirmed that traffic will flow through the company’s 4G network. The plans offer a select allotment of full-speed data, after which customers can continue to use data – but at speeds throttled to around 128Kbps (in other words, EDGE speeds).

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Bell launching new prepaid wireless brand called Lucky Mobile
Fake, inflated, paid and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.