Lucky Mobile: Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling Plan - 4.5GB - $40/mo

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2018 11:01 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
jb10071 wrote: I don't understand how people still use 3G - what's the point? I wouldn't even pay $9.99/month for unlimited 3G data.
for most of the stuff people do everyday, if you change your phone from LTE to 3G, you actually can't tell the difference. Unless you are watching video but then with the data caps we have in Canada, most people prob don't watch too much video and wait to be on wifi anyway. Then again, we shouldn't be ok with 3G, we should expect LTE from our plans. I would be down for an unlimited 3G data plan from the big carriers though. That would be an interesting offer.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2160 posts
749 upvotes
I think the bottom half of OP has significant value. Price Match with other carriers
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
If you activate at Costco they have $10/month credits for 8 months instead of the regular $5/month credit for pre authorization.
Sep 3, 2018
1 posts
HamidD67793 wrote: This is not true, i called Lucky Mobile as i was about to sign up for the plan, i asked them about the DATA and they said once you go over the 4.5 gig allowance, you would not get free throttled down internet, you would have to pay.
That suck....really wanted this plan so I can get data in belwood but have throttled internet when home in Hamilton if I go over.
Mar 12, 2009
9 posts
4 upvotes
3G data included in Zone Plans can only be used within Lucky Mobile Zones. Once you exceed the monthly 3G data included in your plan, you can continue to use data at reduced speeds at no additional charge until your next Monthly Charge Date.

Reference: https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/plan ... s/data-faq
HamidD67793 wrote: This is not true, i called Lucky Mobile as i was about to sign up for the plan, i asked them about the DATA and they said once you go over the 4.5 gig allowance, you would not get free throttled down internet, you would have to pay.
Jan 13, 2009
374 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bridonca wrote: I give a phone company one chance to fix a problem. If they cannot or will not, I port out. That simple. I have done it, and will do it in the future. If more people thought like me, there would be less foolishness coming from the telcos.

I would not fall in love with Public Mobile too much. They are still Telus. Public Mobile are my main carrier now, but if they give me too much trouble, I will port out, they behave, I stay a loyal, paying customer. Simple as that.

As for the Public Mobile deal being better, it currently is not anymore. Luck Mobile currently has the best $35/$40 plan, with Canada Wide calling, and 4.5GB of data. If you need that, only Lucky Mobile can currently do it.

Public mobile give you to much trouble? Lol they are a prepaid brand and they actually bend to what their clients want ... don’t you remember the up roar when they tried to increase price / take away the plan.

A couple of days later ... no changes. Hands down one of the best if not the best value carriers out there ... especially on a 3G plan if you just want reliable / affordable service.
Aug 26, 2018
30 posts
9 upvotes
lighter786 wrote: Public mobile give you to much trouble? Lol they are a prepaid brand and they actually bend to what their clients want ... don’t you remember the up roar when they tried to increase price / take away the plan.

A couple of days later ... no changes. Hands down one of the best if not the best value carriers out there ... especially on a 3G plan if you just want reliable / affordable service.
Ya, but i got no idea how to reach customer service, they say go online to the community and when i message them they don't get back to me.
Aug 26, 2018
30 posts
9 upvotes
[email protected] wrote: 3G data included in Zone Plans can only be used within Lucky Mobile Zones. Once you exceed the monthly 3G data included in your plan, you can continue to use data at reduced speeds at no additional charge until your next Monthly Charge Date.

Reference: https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/plan ... s/data-faq

Weird , then the lady i talked to gave me mis info. In any case their in-zone coverage sucks.
Jan 13, 2009
374 posts
430 upvotes
Toronto, ON
HamidD67793 wrote: Ya, but i got no idea how to reach customer service, they say go online to the community and when i message them they don't get back to me.
That is the trade off for cheap service you forgo the customer service.

I’ve had issues and messaged a forum admin and received service.

Are you messaging them directly?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3797 posts
2176 upvotes
Halifax
lighter786 wrote: Public mobile give you to much trouble? Lol they are a prepaid brand and they actually bend to what their clients want ... don’t you remember the up roar when they tried to increase price / take away the plan.

There is not as much to go wrong with Public Mobile, but yeah, if things do not work, it can take a couple of days for you to reach a CSR, if they are bogged down with new promotions, which they currently seem to be. Stuck ports and stuff like that. Personally, I have had no problems. A Walmart messed up in inputing my info, and I was able to fix it myself though the web interface. The self serve tools are excellent, probably one of the best reasons to be with Public Mobile. Compare that to Koodo, where it takes an hour to reach a CSR, and their ability to help is random.
Jun 30, 2013
632 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
So this is reactive approach for Public Mobile offer
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16156 posts
3970 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
bridonca wrote: It will be LTE capped, and 3G. No way Bell is going to limit to one band. Bell will analyze the current congestion on it's bands, and drop you on the lesser congested band. I suspect most phones get sent to the more efficient LTE bands if available, saving the 3G for phones that do not support LTE. Honestly, it is not even a topic worthy of discussion, all carriers do it. It is valid network management. And most people do not notice or even care.
Wish Rogers thought like you. They keep throwing traffic on their 3G network..
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
They have in zone plans and plans with no zones... its fully separated the plans by green and yellow. This $40 plan has no zones.