[Dollarama] Lucky/ Virgin Sim cards $4 in store now!- 20$ free gc

Price:
4$
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Saw this at my local Dollarama.
15568167823686005655583981679962.jpg
If you haven't heard, Bell announced they have an exclusive agreement with Dollarama to sell Lucky and Virgin SIM cards.

The sign on the top says you can get a 20$ GC after 2 months of service. The small print says after 2 top ups, 30 days apart. Minimum 10$ topup

Details at
Lucky mobile: www.luckymobile.ca/Dollaramabonus
Buying a SIM Card at Dollarama – frequently asked questions
How to get my Dollarama Gift Card:
Q: I bought a SIM Card at Dollarama, how do I get my gift card?

To be eligible for the Gift Card:

Activate your Lucky Mobile SIM card (see steps above)
Make an initial payment for your first month
Top-Up to cover your second month
Once you have completed these 3 actions, the Gift Card will be sent to you as a barcode link via text within 24 hours after your second Monthly Charge Date, as long as you have enough funds in your account to cover your Total Monthly Charges.

Q: I have added money to my account to cover 2 or more months of my plan. When will I get my Gift Card?

You will receive a text message with a Gift Card barcode 30 days after activation as long as your 2nd month fees are deducted successfully.

Q: I lost the text message that has my Gift Card barcode link in it. How do I get a new one?

If you have received the text message with the URL to your Gift Card but have misplaced or deleted the text message, contact our support team at 1-833-88-LUCKY for assistance.

If you have saved the Gift Card number but lost the barcode, contact Dollarama support at 1-888-755-1006 ext. 1000.

Q: I forgot to Top-Up the second time and never received my Gift Card. What can I do to get it?

As long as you complete your second Top-Up before your account gets deactivated, you will be eligible to receive the $20 Gift Card.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Virgin: www.virginmobile.ca/dollaramabonus
I bought a SIM Card at Dollarama, how do I get my gift card?
To be eligible for a Dollarama gift card:

1. Activate your Virgin Mobile SIM card on a Prepaid plan (see steps above)

2. Complete 2 Top-Ups, minimum $10 each, at least 30 days apart

Once you have completed these actions, the gift card will be sent to you as a barcode link via text within 24 hours after your second top up. Head in to any participating Dollarama store and present your gift card barcode to the cashier at checkout to redeem.
Last edited by EPcjay on May 2nd, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thread Summary
If you only want a Lucky, Virgin, or Bell SIM card (no $20 GC promo), you can find them on eBay for 99c + free shipping.
Thanks to wearysky @ bell-signs-exclusive-partnership-dollar ... 4-2282385/
80 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6684 posts
5898 upvotes
And what's the cheapest plan, $10?

So spend $4 on Sim + $20 of service i.e. 2 months of service and get a $20 Dollarama GC?
Oct 21, 2015
344 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this for all dollarama? Because I never saw any SIM in the one i go
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6681 posts
6597 upvotes
Richmond Hill
A new cheap way to port out of Koodo, for people that are afraid of talking to CSRs?
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Oct 14, 2011
106 posts
157 upvotes
DUNDAS
Agreed, its so convenient for people travelling (and much cheaper than adding on to your international plan)
Feb 18, 2019
311 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Lucky or Virgin sim for $4 only , plus get $20 gift card after two months of service. At dollarama stores. Seen in Toronto so far
Images
  • IMG_20190502_164304.jpg
Oct 17, 2010
644 posts
301 upvotes
Terrace
tomtomtom wrote:
Announced May 1
https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/05/01/bell ... ky-virgin/

In Asian, convenience store like 7-11 sale prepaid SIM with data/minutes preloaded. Why can't they do that here???
ericasin wrote: Agreed, its so convenient for people travelling (and much cheaper than adding on to your international plan)
For example. USA travellers they have easy access to rate plans that will include Canada and Mexico roaming. Travellers from Asia has prepaid travel data sim or affordable roaming packages that will include phone calls so they don't need to buy them here locally so does Europe. ONLY in Canada we don't have plans that give us roaming at an "affordable price".

That's what I learned from trying to sell prepaid data sim locally purchased from Asia.

And why we don't have it here for local use? One simple answer. Oligopoly!!!
Last edited by Tobsterboi on May 3rd, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3656 posts
1842 upvotes
Vancouver
texasbruce wrote: Is this for all dollarama? Because I never saw any SIM in the one i go
I saw some in Vancouver yesterday
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1311 posts
2651 upvotes
Montreal
Spotted this yesterday but didn't have time to share it.
I think this caters to a small market as many fall into a contact or monthly service plan.
The giftcard makes pretty much translates to 2 months of free service.
I would assume long term issue is keeping the same line for people to call you to if you keep dropping numbers after you get your money back in giftcards.
Probably also decent as a burner phone.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1034 posts
2247 upvotes
azn0Richard0 wrote: Probably also decent as a burner phone.
Sadly not. They require all your personal information at sign up.
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6127 posts
2462 upvotes
Canuckland
PatrickB012050 wrote: Sadly not. They require all your personal information at sign up.
Isn’t this a pay as you go ?

Pretty sure you could just input any address
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8070 posts
1745 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Isn’t this a pay as you go ?

Pretty sure you could just input any address
Yup, can make it all up if you wanted to.
Apr 16, 2013
210 posts
202 upvotes
Surrey
PatrickB012050 wrote: Sadly not. They require all your personal information at sign up.
And who told you this?

FYI: For Prepaid Accounts you can use any name you want heck you even use Donald Trump, Tom & Jerry, Popeye the sailor man, Dennis the Mennis, Joe Blow, John Doe, Jane Doe etc) any made up address etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2479 posts
338 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13103 posts
2357 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Gtaphotog wrote: So spend $4 on Sim + $20 of service i.e. 2 months of service and get a $20 Dollarama GC?
$4+$20+tax = $20 Gift Card
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Is the gift card a dollarama gift card or Lucky top up code?
The photo shows a Dollarama gift card at the top.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1140 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jattdesi wrote: And who told you this?

FYI: For Prepaid Accounts you can use any name you want heck you even use Donald Trump, Tom & Jerry, Popeye the sailor man, Dennis the Mennis, Joe Blow, John Doe, Jane Doe etc) any made up address etc.
Can I ask you a question? Is this for all providers?

I setup long time ago with fake name a Chatr account, but I am afraid if I lose the phone with SIM card in it, they won't even reactivate since Chatr has no idea who I am.

to them, I am a stranger trying to hijack someones account
Last edited by Varian on May 15th, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 18, 2019
311 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like good competition is ahead for Chatr. Lucky has hit back the target market currently dominated but Chatr

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)