Commission Pant Slim Canvas 34" - Silver Spoon & Tofino Sand $49

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 2:07 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4348 posts
1183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm in between a waist size 30 and 31 depending on what brand and pants. Got the 30. Kind of nervous as it says final sale but still got them. This will be my first ever lululemon pants, couldn't pass on the price. While I do know technically it's final sale... Anyone with experience with regards to are they really strict with like say exchanging size or making even getting money back on a GC?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2353 posts
2275 upvotes
Montréal
I picked up 2 pairs so far my favourite pants ever were a pair of lulemon 5 pocket pants i got
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1587 posts
689 upvotes
Halton
very tempted by this but really, who wears pants anymore?
nothing but shorts and tshirts in a work from home environment

nice pants though!
Feb 13, 2004
929 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver
Can anyone comment on how the silver spoon or brown color look in person?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18652 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
cone wrote: Got a pair this weekend. I usually wear 32x32 in Banana Republic jeans.

Canvas material is rougher like Khaki instead of Warpstreme but still comfy with stretch. Blend of 58% cotton and rest polyester.
Waist 31" was close to TTS, with less room in the crotch compared to ABC. I'd say half-size small, but don't go out to size down.
34" inseam is a bit shorter, feels closer to 32 (which works great for me). Should be free hemming in store. 32x34 hemmed I would expect be roomier than 32x32, but not in this case.
in terms of comfort, the abc pants are way more comfy then these OP pants right? course abcs are never on sale, regular 139! i actualy bought two pairs few years ago..kinda lost one of them as i have a HUGE wardrobe, hundreds hundreds lol..i just chuck in bags or hamper
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 23, 2011
583 posts
80 upvotes
WINNIPEG
CheapoFillipo wrote: very tempted by this but really, who wears pants anymore?
nothing but shorts and tshirts in a work from home environment

nice pants though!
Yes, because everyone is WFH and never gets out of the house for anything else 🤦🏻‍♀️
Jan 19, 2007
691 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
in terms of comfort, the abc pants are way more comfy then these OP pants right? course abcs are never on sale, regular 139! i actualy bought two pairs few years ago..kinda lost one of them as i have a HUGE wardrobe, hundreds hundreds lol..i just chuck in bags or hamper
For comfort, commission and ABC pants are pretty much the same. The difference is the material you choose. OP pants are canvas material which is like a stretchy Jean. The canvas material is noticeably more "rough" (like wearing denim) than the bread and butter material - warpstreme fabric which is smooth to the touch and stretchy. I have a canvas ABC pant and love them. I also have warpstreme ABC and commissions
Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
358 upvotes
toronto
no8t4 wrote: For comfort, commission and ABC pants are pretty much the same. The difference is the material you choose. OP pants are canvas material which is like a stretchy Jean. The canvas material is noticeably more "rough" (like wearing denim) than the bread and butter material - warpstreme fabric which is smooth to the touch and stretchy. I have a canvas ABC pant and love them. I also have warpstreme ABC and commissions
Yes, it all depends on the fabrics.

The styling of the ABC used to be more casual, while the Commission were a bit more formal. ABC are my goto roadtrip pants whereas I find I can wear my Commissions to the office with a dress shirt.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18652 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
my abc pants are the 'soft' stretch comfy material, not hard like jeans, not soft as silk lol...im guessing op pants are 'hard' canvas more jeans comfy style? i don't expect these to be as comfy as my current abcs
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jan 19, 2007
691 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
ngleu wrote: Yes, it all depends on the fabrics.

The styling of the ABC used to be more casual, while the Commission were a bit more formal. ABC are my goto roadtrip pants whereas I find I can wear my Commissions to the office with a dress shirt.
Exactly what I use them for. Commission is more like a Chino while ABC pockets and styles is closer to "Jean like" casual style.

I haven't had a piece of Lulu that I thought wasn't comfortable or well made.... Yet. Knock on wood.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1491 posts
1307 upvotes
That's a tough colour. Almost looks white.
Oct 13, 2016
174 posts
146 upvotes
DanP wrote: That's a tough colour. Almost looks white.
Also looks like they have that seam across the back of the knee? I thought that was only on the ABC pants and why I always pick Commission's over them. I

feel like the seam would be even more visible in this light color.
Jul 10, 2020
7 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks OP, picked one up. Needed to add a few more pants to my wardrobe Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat Hope it fits!
Dec 4, 2016
266 posts
122 upvotes
Only ones without seam are Commission classics, and the color is more of a light gray in person rather than an off-white. It does show the seam with lighter colors.
Oct 13, 2016
174 posts
146 upvotes
kithid wrote: Only ones without seam are Commission classics, and the color is more of a light gray in person rather than an off-white. It does show the seam with lighter colors.
Looks like it's new for 2020. I bought 2 pairs of Commission Slim pants last year that are seamless behind the knee.

Hate that design element but I guess its sort of LuluLemons signature in mens pants
Nov 22, 2017
331 posts
254 upvotes
Good price but if you've got the warpstreme version its hard to go back to the canvas!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1778 posts
2617 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
aizecarla wrote: Yes, because everyone is WFH and never gets out of the house for anything else 🤦🏻‍♀️
Lol...to be honest, my "going out" clothes for groceries/patio beer/etc are like tees and swim shorts/trackpants now.

It's an upgrade from my WFH attire at least: old sweats and tank tops!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1930 posts
753 upvotes
Might have to buy based on the description:

Why we made this
Say hello to the classic chino pant, made our way—with hidden pockets, stretch, and anti-ball-crushing technology.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2576 posts
2420 upvotes
Montreal, QC
it's final sale, otherwise would just buy online
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1040 posts
852 upvotes
granite_69 wrote: Might have to buy based on the description:

Why we made this
Say hello to the classic chino pant, made our way—with hidden pockets, stretch, and anti-ball-crushing technology.
That's literally what their ABC pants are named for.