Fashion & Beauty

Are lululemon leggings and underwear worth the premium?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 2:48 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2476 upvotes

Are lululemon leggings and underwear worth the premium?

Always wondered if it's worth the premium. I mean nylon is nylon and spandex is spandex right?
10 replies
Jun 4, 2013
844 posts
278 upvotes
Vancouver
My wife said their yoga pants is worth the price. It doesn't lose their for a long time. i got a pair ABC pants and is really comfy. Now we buy them when is on clerance so is worth it. Regular price not so much.
Nov 9, 2020
24 posts
18 upvotes
For the leggings 100% yes! I find the underwear not worth it
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2668 posts
977 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Hard to find men's legging with pockets. If you like to wear them without any top layer (shorts, pants) then these are for you. The Surge Tights have an under cover protection around your private areas to prevent people from seeing too much when you do your down dog pose. What people don't realize at first is Lululemon is light years ahead of their competitors in terms of stretch technology, features and design concept. Most people will just look at the price tag and will never give it a try. Overall I'm happy with my Lululemon tights. Also I like that their Tights and jogger pants as well make my bubble butt look more bubbly while brands like Under Armour and Nike not so much. Hehe.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13574 posts
2374 upvotes
City of Vancouver
vivibaby wrote: Always wondered if it's worth the premium. I mean nylon is nylon and spandex is spandex right?
My answer is no as I have never bought or worn Lululemon clothing.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4111 posts
4293 upvotes
Not since Lululemon got rid of low rise, or even mid rise leggings.

The original Groove pant and Skinny Groove pant, followed by the Wunder Unders were great, but as time has evolved the quality has gone down.

I've tried a lot of leggings, and surprisingly, these remind me of the ORIGINAL Groove pant. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LBE ... UTF8&psc=1

^love the Hanes leggings and my go to when lounging around at home now.

I loved the luon fabric, but Lululemon's corporate values are no longer in sync with mine and their products are generally garbage these days, especially for the price.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1486 posts
525 upvotes
GTA
Yes, they last a very long time (just be sure to wash cold water, low cycle.. hang/lay flat to dry) as high heat can break down fabrics quicker. I have items from 2010-2015 that are still in great condition and almost new.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3238 posts
728 upvotes
Vancouver
angryaudifanatic wrote: Not since Lululemon got rid of low rise, or even mid rise leggings.
Omg, this! I hate the trend of high-rise everything. It's so unflattering and uncomfortable on my body type. I def prefer the mid-rise. Those are slim pickings these days indeed.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13574 posts
2374 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I am pretty sure the premium price is part of their marketing strategy.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Nov 26, 2012
327 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately, the answer for me is yes, the leggings are worth the premium. Performance and aesthetic-wise. For yoga, running, spinning, HIIT, barre etc. Lulu has way more frequent normal sales and wmtm sales now so I would start there. Plus, they have different fabrics and styles. You have to find what works best for you. I don't like all of them.

Other brands I wear or have worn: nike, alo, uniqlo, gap, adidas, random yoga brands sold in yoga studios, under armour.