lump charcoal

any suggestions welcome. thanks.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2743 posts
800 upvotes
Whitby
Costco. They normally carry 1 of 2 brands: nature's ...(something I can't remember) in a green bag, the other is Dragon's Breath in a red bag.
18lb bag for 13.99$

They usually only sell it until aug or so - they assume people don't bbq all year long so I usually load up of 5-6 bags to last me until March.

Stay away from Cowboy unless you need hot and it to not last very long.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Jun 2, 2009
114 posts
51 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Canadian Tire carries the Royal Oak brand that I swear by. Used all sort of brands since I got into charcoal 6 years ago and I go back to Royal Oak. And they have it for a very good price.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1460 posts
338 upvotes
raymondly wrote: Costco. They normally carry 1 of 2 brands: nature's ...(something I can't remember) in a green bag, the other is Dragon's Breath in a red bag.
18lb bag for 13.99$

They usually only sell it until aug or so - they assume people don't bbq all year long so I usually load up of 5-6 bags to last me until March.

Stay away from Cowboy unless you need hot and it to not last very long.
have you had any problems with that natures brand at costco?
I gave it a try and most of the pieces were crumbled, and fell through either my chimney or charcoal grate. I was also having some problems keeping them lit even with vent fully opened
Jun 2, 2009
114 posts
51 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
raymondly wrote: Stay away from Cowboy unless you need hot and it to not last very long.
I concur. Bought a bag of Cowboy and it was nothing, but scrap construction material. Lots of flooring material or plywood and even found some tongue-in-groove pieces with the glue showing.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2743 posts
800 upvotes
Whitby
OctaneChicken wrote: have you had any problems with that natures brand at costco?
I gave it a try and most of the pieces were crumbled, and fell through either my chimney or charcoal grate. I was also having some problems keeping them lit even with vent fully opened
I have had great success with both costco brands, although I have found more rocks/furnace brick chunks in the Nature's.
I go through about 12-15 bags per year and have never had trouble lighting in the chimney, size or remaining lit.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)