• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2020 4:14 pm
[OP]
Jan 27, 2010
69 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto

Lump Charcoal Costco

Anyone seen the reg lump charcoal in stock at Costco lately? Been to the one in Richmond Hill and in Newmarket over the last month and there's nothing anymore. They had lots before that.

Xylo Carbone Lump Charcoal was the brand they were carrying this year.
Images
  • Screenshot_2020-07-16 Large Lump Charcoal - Hardwood - 8 kg.png
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2729 posts
1924 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
bluebizzer wrote: Anyone seen the reg lump charcoal in stock at Costco lately? Been to the one in Richmond Hill and in Newmarket over the last month and there's nothing anymore. They had lots before that.

You're new to Costco shopping, aren't you?

It's Summer. They ain't gonna have Summer merch in stock, and what they do have may be very short lived. If you wanted it, you shoulda bought it then. :)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14550 posts
11748 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ALLCAPS wrote: You're new to Costco shopping, aren't you?

It's Summer. They ain't gonna have Summer merch in stock, and what they do have may be very short lived. If you wanted it, you shoulda bought it then. :)
Sadly this

Costco is ALWAYS a Season (or 2 ahead)

I haven’t been into the warehouse for a few weeks ... but right about now the stores should be filling up with Fall & Winter Merchandise
Back to School - Thanksgiving - Halloween - and even Christmas Merchandise
Laptops & tech - Backpacks - School Supplies - Fall Decor - Halloween Candy - Costumes - Christmas Lights, Trees & Decorations - Snowblowers - Road Salt - and Shovels

Summer stock ... Charcoal - BBQs - Propane Tanks - Pool Chemicals - Gardening Supplies - Patio Furniture etc ... will be pretty much gone now in every warehouse
Not to be seen again until February 2021

The # 1 Rule for Shopping @ Costco
IF YOU SEE IT ... and you EVEN THINK YOU MIGHT WANT IT / NEED IT
BUY IT
Cuz it prob won’t be there much longer / next time you go back
[OP]
Jan 27, 2010
69 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
I got 4 bags when I saw them, alas I could only fit so many in the cart and the lineup that day was 20+ minutes so I couldn't just go back in for more.

They still have lots of the premium expensive bags, and lots of pellets for pellet grills, just none of the Xylo stuff that's 13-14.99.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2373 posts
1683 upvotes
Toronto
bluebizzer wrote: I got 4 bags when I saw them, alas I could only fit so many in the cart and the lineup that day was 20+ minutes so I couldn't just go back in for more.

They still have lots of the premium expensive bags, and lots of pellets for pellet grills, just none of the Xylo stuff that's 13-14.99.
Been on the hunt myself and have yet to find any. Picked up some Natures Own sugar maple which Costco used to supply at a different store for 15.99.
Dec 30, 2006
626 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
bluebizzer wrote: Anyone seen the reg lump charcoal in stock at Costco lately? Been to the one in Richmond Hill and in Newmarket over the last month and there's nothing anymore. They had lots before that.

Newmarket had the Cowboy Lump a few weeks ago
[OP]
Jan 27, 2010
69 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Next time I'll buy every last one they have! Maybe I'll try Costco Business center, I heard they carry the Basque Natures Own there sometimes.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10839 posts
5905 upvotes
Markham
There's a shortage so whatever you find, you might want to buy some just so you have something.

I referered someone to Nella who says they have Maple Leaf in stock. Not cheapest but they have stock.

https://www.nellacutlery.ca/maple-leaf- ... 5997-00020

https://www.nellacutlery.ca/maple-leaf- ... 5997-00108
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!