• Feb 6th, 2018 3:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 7, 2013
108 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa

Lutron Serena Motorized Shades

I'm looking for Motorized Shades that are integrated with Google Assistant and/or HomeKit.
The only thing I found is Lutron Serena, super expensive though.... but I can't find it anywere in Canada.

Is anyone able to buy them in Canada without physically going to the states?
3 replies
Jan 15, 2010
535 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure about the Lutron, but just throwing out there if you want alternatives that I know you can get locally the hunter douglas powerview stuff should also work. Its tied into IFTTT so you can connect to Google/Alexa/SmartThings (some also offer direct) and I'm not exactly sure if their new hub has HomeKit as I know they have been promising that (like every other company) since last year. Everyone's definition of expensive is different but they are probably in the same ballpark price wise.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6061 posts
1554 upvotes
Have you tried Home Depot? My local HD has Serena shades on display. Hunter Douglas stuff is ok but their consumer-level support sucks. They really want you to engage your dealer for EVERYTHING.

Also, check out Bali and Graber. They both have z-wave options if you have a ST hub. Zebra Blinds is also available with a z-wave option. Swing over to the ST forums and see if they have posted a discount code. If not, it doesn't hurt to ask since the owner/employee/whatever posts discount codes there. Last discount code expired Xmas 17 and was an extra 5% off their discounted price.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/gra ... /49893/105
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」
Apr 14, 2009
244 posts
131 upvotes
Vaughan
I have them in some rooms. I bought them from Shade Works in Toronto. They matched the HD sale price and were super to deal with.