Automotive

Luxury vehicle price plummeted on kijiji

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 1:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1827 posts
1035 upvotes
Nobleton, ON

Luxury vehicle price plummeted on kijiji

Is it just me observed that used luxury vehicle price had recently plummeted significantly? I knew a person sold her 2 year old Mercedes C300 4matic for merely $17k on kijiji.
Last edited by xuanzh on Jul 29th, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37380 posts
23453 upvotes
Center of Universe
xuanzh wrote: Is it just me observed that used luxury vehicle price had recently plummeted significantly? I knew a person sold his 2 year old Mercedes C300 4matic for merely $17k on kijiji.
BS...
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1207 posts
666 upvotes
Richmond Hill
xuanzh wrote: Is it just me observed that used luxury vehicle price had recently plummeted significantly? I knew a person sold his 2 year old Mercedes C300 4matic for merely $17k on kijiji.
must be salvage for parts
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
31744 posts
18662 upvotes
Toronto
How can the person sell half the car ? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 9, 2012
5628 posts
4814 upvotes
Oakville, ON
xuanzh wrote: Is it just me observed that used luxury vehicle price had recently plummeted significantly? I knew a person sold his 2 year old Mercedes C300 4matic for merely $17k on kijiji.
Across the board? No.

A desperate individual here & there struggling financially due to the pandemic? Sure, you might see a few cases like that every now and then.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3311 posts
1893 upvotes
Mississauga
2015/2016 Lexus GX460 have barely come down in price this year. I've been looking for a deal since January and thought covid-19 will work in my favor but they are still selling for $40K with 100,000kms.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5133 posts
6844 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bubuski wrote: 2015/2016 Lexus GX460 have barely come down in price this year. I've been looking for a deal since January and thought covid-19 will work in my favor but they are still selling for $40K with 100,000kms.

GX is the car of choice for apocalypse that's why.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3311 posts
1893 upvotes
Mississauga
er34er34 wrote: GX is the car of choice for apocalypse that's why.
People have been watching too much Mad Max. The big V8 will run out of gas before the next town.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5133 posts
6844 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bubuski wrote: People have been watching too much Mad Max. The big V8 will run out of gas before the next town.
Better than stuck with a bunch of electrified zombies at the Supercharger station.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2007
3684 posts
1285 upvotes
Toronto
xuanzh wrote: Is it just me observed that used luxury vehicle price had recently plummeted significantly? I knew a person sold his 2 year old Mercedes C300 4matic for merely $17k on kijiji.
C300 is Luxury? - think you forgot the the words “budget” and “entry level” before Luxury
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8861 posts
7897 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: Is it just me observed that used luxury vehicle price had recently plummeted significantly? I knew a person sold his 2 year old Mercedes C300 4matic for merely $17k on kijiji.
I hope you bought it. Dude left at least $13k on the table.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
12343 posts
4853 upvotes
Toronto
"I knew a person."
How about post a link or something so we can all see it.

Is the car accident-ed? Does the car run 150k KM in 2 years?
Your post has lack of info to judge anything.

If a 2018 C300 has average KM, average condition, I really doubt it worth only $17k. The car is 2 years old and still has manufacture warranty,
Again, the guy can sell at whatever price he wants if he is willing to take a deep lost, but that doesn't mean the used car market is falling.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1566 posts
335 upvotes
Ajax
People in the industry are telling me trucks and higher end SUVs head straight to US. Canadian dealers dont even bother with local auctions. So whatever inventory they have for sale here, the prices don't budge.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1827 posts
1035 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
some basic info:

The car is a MY17, mileage should I remembered correctly is about 60~70k KM. The front bumper was replace but not done well and right head lamp was replaced. Body had several long scratches/dents all over.

She sold it to a used car dealer via kijiji in a hurry for $17500 before she left Canada for China in fear of COVID19 out of control and it was in May. She also sold lots of stuffs for dirty cheap, such as Dyson V10 for merely $20. She quited UofT as well out of fear of catching virus something like that....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6558 posts
4092 upvotes
Toronto
xuanzh wrote: some basic info:

The car is a MY17, mileage should I remembered correctly is about 60~70k KM. The front bumper was replace but not done well and right head lamp was replaced. Body had several long scratches/dents all over.

She sold it to a used car dealer via kijiji in a hurry for $17500 before she left Canada for China in fear of COVID19 out of control and it was in May. She also sold lots of stuffs for dirty cheap, such as Dyson V10 for merely $20. She quited UofT as well out of fear of catching virus something like that....
Why she go back to the origin of the virus? Hope she knew China stopped reporting their correct stats.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1827 posts
1035 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
peteryorkuca wrote: Why she go back to the origin of the virus? Hope she knew China stopped reporting their correct stats.
As a Chinese I know that China had the virus under control and is probably the safest place now. The control enforcement was so strict that you were not allowed to step out of your home for months, they literally put policestation at each apartment/home to enforce the curfew. It is now only the lying media/fake news still reporting that China hiding the numbers and the virus still exploding there, trust me, I have shxt tons of relatives in China and the curfew already lifted and virus literally stopped spreading. Now China curfew-ed most flights inbound to China which foobared people like my mom who can no longer return home and stuck in Canada.
Last edited by xuanzh on Jul 29th, 2020 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1808 posts
518 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: Better than stuck with a bunch of electrified zombies at the Supercharger station.
Who’s got the hummer lol for the zombie apocalypse , Better have some damn twinkies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12786 posts
7480 upvotes
Brampton
So one person's kneejerk dumbass move, is now all of Kijiji? Got it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1827 posts
1035 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
tebore wrote: So one person's kneejerk dumbass move, is now all of Kijiji? Got it.
It's a supply and demand thing, she tried to sell higher than $18k but no buyers were willing to accept that mark, there were at least 12 people/dealers had seen her car but none accepted $18k.

Top