• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2021 8:13 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16505 posts
5013 upvotes
Toronto
Just make sure to take a printout or a screenshot on the app for the quote you get. I was in Vancouver 2 years ago (before Uber/Lyft came there) and used the ride service which was a taxi and booked a trip. After taking the trip and getting back home, I see my credit card was charged an extra $12 than what I had agreed to. The company kept saying that the fare charged was correct until I produced the screenshot of the quote. After investigation, they told me the rate was off and the driver took a $7 tip for themselves. Bottom line is that I gave them 2 options to either return the $12 or I will just dispute the entire transaction with my credit card company. I got the $12 back pretty quickly after that statement :)
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16505 posts
5013 upvotes
Toronto
jeeva86 wrote: I had to book a taxi too for an airport departure at 4am. Of course the taxi doesn’t show up. I call them up and the girl answers as if she just woke up. She said she’ll send one over. I waited 30m no show still. I said fk it. I’m gonna park n fly.
I had a similar experience when the taxi I ordered didn't arrive at the 5 AM schedule time. The driver came 40 min later. He said he was watching some Indian movies late into the night and fell asleep. I could believe that as he looked like he literally rolled out of bed and had to drive 35 km over the posted limit to get to my destination in time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)